Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-11-30

Celebration

(click on image to see larger)

I woke up this morning with this little tune in my head :

We are family
I got all my sisters with me
We are family
Get up ev'rybody and sing

Ev'ryone can see we're together
As we walk on by
(FLY!) and we fly just like birds of a feather
I won't tell no lie
(ALL!) all of the people around us they say
Can they be that close
Just let me state for the record
We're giving love in a family dose

Living life is fun and we've just begun
To get our share of the world's delights
(HIGH!) high hopes we have for the future
And our goal's in sight
(WE!) no we don't get depressed
Here's what we call our golden rule
Have faith in you and the things you do
You won't go wrong
This is our family Jewel

Trust the Sisters Sledge to know when the party is on! We have the munchies, we have the refreshments, we have the awesome company, let's dance! :)

It's funny. I almost didn't get on the train for this journey. I thought I would be too busy, too tired, too something. I'm so happy I decided to pack my satchel and hop on at the last minute. Along the way there were some rough patches, some delays; I even lost my travel book; but they were just bumps in the road. The scenery was breathtaking and the company enchanting.

The souvenirs of my travels

I have tapped into my creativity again that lay dormant for a while, forgotten in a drawer filled with emotional clutter. That drawer is more organized, and much lighter.

I have travelled into the Universe of loving souls just ready to reach out with a steadying hand, a hilarious story, a touching moment, a momentous discovery. I have learned I am not alone.

I have learned to love myself for who I am, and that I can shed the past and its trauma.

I have learned that in the endless ocean, there is beauty in its depths and lovely vessels to seek shelter on.

I have seen creations of such stunning vibrancy and spirit, that now I can even see a little clearer than before.

I have learned to accept the tears and let them flow, knowing that they are cleansing me.

I have come to accept my fiery nature, that burns injustice and oppression. I used to scold her for not being gentle enough, not realizing that not only did I need her, but others did too.

I have met so many captivating souls that my heart chakra has expanded to touch all parts of this glorious earth that I will visit one day.

I have learned to dream again, to hope again, to believe again, to be again.

What more can a girl ask for? :)

Blessed be :)

13 comments:

Tori said...

You have so many awesme souvenirs! It's been a fun journey. =)

Fatma said...

So very beautiful. The journey has truly been enchanting and I am so glad to have met the Crystal Queen, the Magician, the Lover and for sure the Genius. It has been my pleasure to have been walking this journey with you.

Thank you, Genie.

linda said...

genie sea, no truer words, methinks!
tho I did not get to do the soul coach this time, I plan to take it up in January, looking forward to it with great fear and trepidation as well as delight as I have seen and read so many words of beauty, spirit and growth and have met a few souls, like yourself , with whom I feel I have connected...thank you for this post today! your words touched me deeply.

indeed. blessed be.

Jamie Ridler said...

Blessed Be!!

I'm tossing off my shoes and joining the party! Heck, I'll probably even sing along - We are family!

gemma said...

Oh Genie, What can I say. Have enjoyed meeting you. Thank you for sharing your sweet spirit with us.
Love you
xx

Judi said...

Totally awesome journey. AND acquired a whole batch of sisters into the bargain.

But you talk like we're going someplace - always here for you all

Blessed Be

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wiggling on my chair. Thanks for the song!
Delightful list and loved the "too something" comment. :)

jennlui said...

beautiful beautiful post!!! it's so fabulous that you have gained so much from your journey. i am so very happy to have been able to visit and witness your unfolding and gorgeous art work! thank you!

have a very fabulous monday!
peace and blessings

Genie Sea said...

Huggies! :)

Tabitha said...

I'm so very happy and proud of you!
I've been out due to yucky bronchitis, but now I'm back! :)

Serena said...

I'm certainly going to be hanging around....a beautifully written and heartfelt post as always, Genie. Here's to the journey continuing....

love, light and peace,
serena

Claudia said...

It´s been a wonderful 4 weeks, so glad you came along for the ride.

Dia said...

This is great - thank you!! & I'm so glad you have me on your 'inspiring' places to visit :) :) :) I need to figure out how to do that!!!