Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-11-14

Peaceful Gratitude

Stillness
of rolling clouds
Majesty
of setting sun
Vastness
of accepting sea
Power
of healing air
Gratitude
of repose
in Nature's
lap
beautiful
at rest
thankful
stillness
deep.
Lying
vulnerable
Yet
sure of safety.

Today is new day. Fresh in possibilities. An empty canvas inviting the brush. A blank page aching for the pen. A clear mind ready to receive. An open heart ready to experience. Joy.
Stillness. Gratitude.

I would like to begin by thanking everyone who took the time and love to comment on yesterday's post. On the day when stillness was evoked, when everyone was invited to rest, I boiled and churned, because I could not rest. But, thanks to all of you, I am at peace. I let go and let love. Be. I am grateful for all your words of encouragement, of praise and of advice. I absorbed them, and they will grow like a majestic tree of knowledge and guide me through the days ahead. You are all muses of the higher order. Collective beauty and love. :)

I am up early, on my day off. And that's okay. I am thankful for another day, stretching before me, new. I will honor the stillness that I need and the gratitude that I feel.

This is my prayer of gratitude:

Health - May our bodies be restored to health and may healing shower my sisters in this journey.

Love - May boundless love fill our lives and lift us when we are feeling alone, or discouraged.

Creativity - May we be energized by the creative power that flows within us, springing out into expression.

Prosperity - May our homes be warm, our tables full, our needs be met.

Freedom - May we always be blessed with the liberty to pursue our dreams, and our goals.

Peace - May we reside in the safe harbour of tranquility even in the stormiest circumstances.

Travel - May our footsteps guide us to explore new beginnings, new places, new experiences that rejuvenate us and fill us with inspiration.

Pets - May our spirit guides, the tender, feral souls that have chosen us to be in their lives provide us with their boundless wisdom and love.

Music - May it fill our lives, the air we breathe, the heartbeat in our chests, our every pore with joy.

Dance- May our bodies move, like fluid dancers throughout our lives.

Air - May he wrap us in his oxygenated love, and fill our lungs with life.

Earth - May she be fruitful and whole, rich in soil, plenty of bounty, nurturing us.

Water - May she spring eternal, refreshing, restoring, rejuvenating, quenching our thirsts, cleansing our bodies and spirits.

Fire- May he provide us with warmth, with passion, with inspiration, with conviction.

Thank you. :)


20 comments:

todayandeveryday said...

wow! what a generous gift of a blessing that you left for each of us, Thank you so much. It was wonderful to read all of the heart felt sentiments. I am so glad to be a part of all this love and generosity!
Peace~
Dawn

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Beautiful words, peaceful and thoughtful.
Awesome photography!
Thanks.

Kavindra said...

Thank you for the beautiful prayer, and for the photograph.

danette said...

Thank you for your prayer Genie. I'm grateful that you are here sharing your voice with all of us.

As for yesterday, wow! Looks like fire week is already heating up in your house. It is inspiring how much you care about the work you do, and the lives of everyone involved.

I wish I had your media class when I was a smart ass cheerleader. (wink) I would have LOVED it.

Tabitha said...

Thank you for this post. It is indeed heartfelt.

Suzie Ridler said...

Those are beautiful gratitudes! Love them! They're like positive mantras for all aspects of life. Thank you for this.

Caroline said...

What a beautiful post! I am going to read it again. That photo is stunning!!!

Miss Robyn said...

thankYOU ! for being so supportive and thankYOU for this delightful prayer and blessing which comes straight from your heart. xoxo

peppylady (Dora) said...

Doesn't mother earth offers us so much to be grateful for.
That is my opinion.

Coffee is on.

Genie Sea said...

Thank you all :) You warm my heart. I will carry your words and blessings my whole life :)♥

creativehealinggoddess said...

Beautiful pictures
Beautiful post
Beautiful soul
I am grateful for your open heart

thank you .

Pen said...

genie, that photograph is amazing. you truly find images that capture something special. and your prayer of gratitude: wow. i am so grateful to be sharing this journey with someone like you. thank you.

Allison said...

It's true - a harbor of tranquility - often should be self-created & it truly is today.

gemma said...

Dear Genie...
I really took a break yesterday. Sorry I missed you but I'm thankful others were there when you needed them.Your posts are so lovely!!! That starfish photograph is stunning. AMEN for your prayer.
love

Jamie Ridler said...

What a beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing your gifts and blessings.

megg said...

It really did feel like a prayer when I read your post. I got very quiet and savoured every word. I'm sorry I missed you yesterday - but I am deeply grateful for you today -

have a wonderful weekend.
xo

Genie Sea said...

Thank you so much for the continued blessings of your words and your presence in my life, even if it over the internet!

I appreciate each and every one of you. I treasure each and every comment!♥ :)

Jo said...

What a beautiful prayer, I love the picture too.

Nicole said...

How beautiful you are! Thank you for such a gorgeous gratitude prayer. A beautiful photo to go with your beautiful words. Thank You! Blessings, Nicole x

ELLIE said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL words - expressed beyond the heart - thank you for blessing me with your feelings and love of universe - your words have touched my heart!!!
Peace--Ellie