Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-11-17

Leap

Leaping like a kid in puddles
Dancing without care
Tossing assorted troubles
In the rosy air.

Opening to someone freely
While I walk his way
Accepting the moment really
While being in the day

Meeting a frown with laughter
Leaping through the room
Knowing what really matters
Brightens up the gloom

Spreading my wings and flying
Playground frolicking
Achieving without trying
Letting my soul sing.

Welcome to a day of celebration and trying on new hats, new outlooks, new voices, new selves.

Today, I will listen to my child's voice. I will say "hello", and smile at someone who seems like she doesn't want to bother with the world. I will talk to someone I have never talked to and pay close attention to what he says. I will wear pretty clothes not functional ones. I will tell everyone at lunch how valuable they are and thank them. I will look at everything with new eyes, as if for the first time. I will find joy in a rock I discover or meditate on a colorful leaf, or stare at a bird with awe.

Today, I will be a kid again. Wanna come out and play? :)

15 comments:

todayandeveryday said...

You are gonna have such a good day!! I love the poem and how freeing it feels.
Peace~
Dawn

Danette said...

There you go again, stirring up trouble! Your cranky co-workers won't know what hit them. :)

Have a wonder filled day!

gemma said...

Yes...I want to play!!! We are going to have some fun!!!!
Tell some of those people that don't want to be bothered that "Wild woman says hi" too.
:-)

Caroline said...

Oh my! What a wonderful day! I am going out to play :)

Her Speak said...

You are Super Charged! What a Pick-Me-Up! Such a delightful poem. :)

To play I am going to listen to Salsa music in the shower and wear bright pink sneakers to class! Hooray!

Many Blissings~*

Tabitha said...

Your poem is simply beautiful! Your words sent a surge of energy through me! I'm so happy I read you today!

Have An Awesome Day!!

Suzie Ridler said...

Woohoo! That is the sheer essence of the 4 of Wands, perfect. May we all indulge in joy and child-like enthusiasm like you are today.

Really listening to someone is sometimes the greatest gift you can give.

Enjoy meditating on stones!

Serena said...

It sounds like you set yourself up for a perfect day and, even if any downers/zappers come, you will handle them with a smile. I loved the poem and your tarot card for today. Magical!

love, light and peace,
serena

Jamie Ridler said...

Yay, what fun! I'm totally coming out to play! Just give me a sec to put on my tiara, and I am so there!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Used my 6 random facts to talk about fun today. :)
Thanks!

Genie Sea said...

Thank you Dawn! :) I so had a spectacular day! Weeee!

Thank you Danette! :) I think they are still wondering what happened. :)

Thank you Gemma!:) LOL! I think they think I'm wold too. :)

Thank you Caroline! :) YAY! I hope you had lots of fun!

Thank you Her Speak! :) YAY for Salsa and pink sneakers! How fun!

Thank you Tabby! :) I hope you have an awesome day too! :)

Thank you Suzie! :) I hope you let the kid in you play! :) Weee!

Thank you Serena! :) Your psychic powers are right on! I had a few surprises waiting for me as soon as I walked in the door, but nothing fazed me today! YAY! :)

Thank you Jamie! :) YAY! Tiaras! I wonder where I put my wand? :)

Paula - Awesome! I will be right over there to read them! :)

Judi said...

I've got my cat ears - it's not too late is it???? Finger painting would be great fun too.

Genie Sea said...

Judi - It's never too late :)Cat ears and finger painting! Weeee! :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

To be young and full of free spirit.

Coffee is on.

Boho mom said...

You are awesome! I love the energy of this post.....and your whole blog!
Thanks for your kind words and encouragement on this soul coaching journey.
I'm doing it, just lagging WAY behind,
*hugs