Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-11-20

Springboard

It's time
to let go
of fear.
Fear of death.
Fear of the unknown.
Fear of growing old.
Fear of disappearing.

It's time
to embrace
faith.
And leap
into life.
Into the unknown.
Into waiting arms.
Into our souls.

It's time
to stop worrying
about what might be
and be full.

I have faced death square in the eyeball. When my parents passed away, I was faced with my own mortality, not for the first time but for the most relevant time. I struggled with grief. I struggled with depression. I fought against seemingly endless hopelessness.

Then life winked at me. "I'm still here," she said. "Where are you? Lost in the mists of what ifs, and if nots?"

Then I took the plunge. I let go and let be.

I chose to make The Fool today, for two reasons.

This card is the first card of the Major Arcana, yet it has the number 0. Zero can be looked at as a number that contains nothing. Yet, it's the number that contains infinite possibility. It is the empty that will become full. It is the basis of every number. It reflects every situation. We start from scratch and build up. It is the Alpha and the Omega. It is the Oh in our wonderment. It is the beginning. And for every end, there is a beginning. And for every beginning, something must come to a conclusion.

This card is often interpreted as making foolish choices. Not looking before leaping. Going where others fear to tread. This is said as if it's an unimaginable horror. Yet, what is it but a miracle? Sometimes the choice that resonates with instinct and not the ego-self, put in place by society to make sure we follow the mores of its structure, is the best choice. Sometimes, we have to take that leap of faith in order to get to the other side. Sometimes going where others fear to tread, is the best way to go. Ask Magellan or Columbus. Ask Neil Armstrong. Ask Rosa Parks. Ask Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. Ask Alice Paul and Lucy Burns.

Today, I invoke the pioneering spirit of the Fool, to fill me with the joy of life and the faith that my steps will lead me exactly where I belong. Because the Universe loves me. And I love the Universe. :)

May your pioneering spirit lead you to new discoveries! May your leaps be joyous. May your empty become full. :)

p.s. If you want to know where my day of being in the moment lead me, I have updated my previous post. :)

14 comments:

Nicole said...

May you be full of spirit, love and joy. Your post was so beautifully written and I could feel the depth of your words. Blessings, Nicole x

Caroline said...

How wonderful...the fool! Beautifully written post, very uplifting for me today!

Her Speak said...

This card is incredible--I had to stop and investigate for a while before I continued to read. It's so vibrant, your color choices really resonate. It is carefree yet vivacious and animated. Beautiful, beautiful.

I love that you used the word "pioneering". The Fool is not a silly little girl--The Fool is a Navigator! The Fool is an Explorer!:)

Here's to adventure!
Blissings~*

Judi said...

Ditto on the Fool - That card is perfect - It's a leap of faith - absolutely beautiful!

I know exactly what you mean about facing death - writhing in grief -

BTW - The Fool is called The Seeker in a couple of my decks - makes more sense to me.

Tabitha said...

Once again, you have uplifted me!
Beautifully written!

Serena said...

I'm all for embracing life and taking joyous leaps! Thanks for your wonderful post, Genie.

I faced death in September when my ex-husband died from a six month battle with cancer. He was father to four of my five children. Sadly, he had been a violent husband and an emotionally absent father and had alienated people close to him with his own actions. He left quite an upheaval among all his children and family when he passed....mostly emotionally because people were confused about how they were supposed to feel....he had left so much unfinished and emotional business behind. He did not die an 'awakened' man and it made me even more aware of how important and precious life is and how we choose to live it really does matter. Here's to living an authentic life with an adventurous and loving soul.

I love your card for today!

love, light and peace,
serena

Miss Robyn said...

your words always, always inspire me. I love your card! the colours are fantastic! Your words show that the Fool is also courageous and brave xo

Kavindra said...

What a gorgeous card - this is my favorite so far.

I love what you say about 0 - the o in our wonderment! Beautiful.

Thanks for the beauty and joy you bring

(OH and congratulations on kicking some ass yesterday!)

Suzie Ridler said...

In Shakespeare, the wisest person in the play is the fool. That how I think of him. To know and yet be open is a brave, brave thing. Beautiful post!

Fatma said...

Beautiful post. I so agree with your choice of card. I am willing to look foolish.

creativehealinggoddess said...

Uplifting card and post Gene.

Jamie Ridler said...

Yes! I just love the your Fool card and what a great association with today's exploration. Genie, you are so insightful. Thank you for sharing your wisdom!

Genie Sea said...

Thank you Nicole! ♥

Thank you Caroline! ♥

Thank you Her Speak! ♥ Here's to adventure indeed! :)

Thank you Judi! ♥ The Seeker is a much better word. :)

Thank you Tabby! ♥

Thank you Serena! ♥ Hugs to you sweetheart. I understand that dilemma you all faced. I felt that too, a little bit when I found out my abuser died. I rejoiced and felt guilty at the same time.

Thank you Robyn!♥ You inspire me too! :)

Thank you Kavindra! ♥ Wonderment is an awesome thing isn't it? :)

Thank you Suzie! ♥ Wow! I forgot about Shakespeare's Fools! I am an English Lit teacher. Oi! hehe Thank you for reminding me! :)

Thank you Fatma! ♥

Thank you Marilyn! ♥

Thank you Jamie! ♥ If it weren't for you and Danette, I wouldn't be finding all this wisdom. It's all the Universe. I'm just a vessel. :)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Thanks. I´m about to take a leap of faith ... by staying where I am.