Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-11-12

Soul Companions

The above represents to me the deepest part of love and life. The dance of souls connecting freely and unbound by earthly considerations. I call it ballet. (click on it to see it larger)

I would like to begin by saying Thank You to Marilyn and by extension Jamie for the link to Denise Linn's Soul Coaching.

It's especially crucial for me, because I lost my book. :( I looked for it last night, only to remember I took it to the gym with me yesterday morning, but it was not in my (Wonder Woman, mhm) gym bag. I must admit I experienced panic and felt a bit of a dufus. I called the gym but they did not have it. So that's when I reached a turning point. I didn't beat myself up and I didn't bemoan my "bad luck". I thought, "Well it must have gone to someone who needs it more at this moment. Someone found it, and took it instead of returning it, because she needed it. I will find a way to get another one."
And the universe replied through Marilyn and Jamie! Thank you Universe! Thank you ladies!

I had a dream last night that I believe is very portentous, melding perfectly with today's focus.

I don't remember the whole dream ( I really must learn how to recall my full dreams), but I do remember the most pithy part. I was a Super Hero. Teehee. There were two males with me. A Super Hero and a Super Villain. In our struggle, because of course there was a struggle, we reached an impasse. There was only one way to traverse to safety over deadly terrain, by swinging across. I called to my companion to follow closely, as I knotted my magical rope (Wonder Woman?) into a loop at the end and tossed it to a sturdy tree branch, tightening the loop. I swung across, yelling I would throw the rope to him. As he reached for the rope, the villain cracked his whip, impeding him. My Super Hero, let go of the rope so as not to get me pulled back into the fray, shouting "Go on ahead, I will be right behind you." And I did, knowing that he would. And I woke up.

Damn. I always wake up too soon. But wow, what a dream! Its interpretations swarm my mind, cluttering to come to the forefront, and I must set them to order before they come scrambling out incoherently. I welcome your interpretations in the meantime.

Today is about honoring relationships. With the Creator, with our parents, with ourselves, with the people around us, discovering patterns.

I can write a book about this, and I believe today, I will be adding to this post all day. In fact, I wish I had all day today to devote to this exercise because I know it is important to me.

You see, I used to always feel alone, as a human being. Since I was a child, I could feel my solitude wrapped around me, and although I had relationships with people, I used to feel the odd person out. The round peg in a sea of square holes. The third girl in a trio of friends. The third wheel in couples. The lonely soul in the marriage. The voice in the desert.

Still, I always had a connection to the universal soul from which we all sprung. I could never understand what or who that was, but I always believed. I read religious texts voraciously. I went to churches and synagogues, temples and mosques. I read about Tao, Zen, Buddha's teachings, Jesus' words. I did not know which to espouse, so I espoused the best of them. Still, I believed without a doubt that there was a purpose to our lives, that we were not results of a freak accident.

I used to wonder if I was the one soul without the mate. I pondered if there was something about me that could not inspire lasting love. I lost friends. I lost lovers. I lost my parents.

That was the turning point for me. When I lost both my parents, I lost faith. I felt like the darkness had descended on me and grief swallowed my very existence. My relationship with my parents was not idyllic, but I know they loved me and I loved them, unconditionally, and that was gone. I was gone. My belief in my purpose was gone.

Until a few weeks ago.

I used that fearless determination of mine and started to singlehandedly pull myself away from the impasse, the deadly terrain I had found myself in. I used the rope fashioned by people's encouragement and love. I was never alone. In my fog, I realized, there were people rooting for me, supporting me, and to them I owe my life. Danette's gentle nudges, her continued and loving support for my efforts. Emily's boundless caring and her hand on my shoulder. Vasya's insistence in making sure I had my god daughter and her with me in my darkest moments. Dawn's humour and persistence in making me watch funny movies As I write this, the tears are falling, the typos increase. Thank the universe for spell check.

Then I was washed by the warm, loving, cleansing water of this lovely community that I swim in. Soul Coaching could have fallen the way of so many other inspirational works I have read and studied and followed. What makes it unique, miraculous, and life-giving is each and every one of you. I am so, so deeply thankful. May the bounties of the heavens rain blessings upon each and every one of you. Thank you.

Am I completely healed? I am not there yet, but on my way. I have found my center again, and it is getting stronger with each rejuvenating breath I take, with each restorative glass of water I drink.

18 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I think your response to your book finding another home would make Denise very proud!

Feeling isolated and alone is so hard. I feel that way a lot too. I am glad that you are seeing the supports around you and are connecting to the divine in a way that shows you, you are never truly alone.

Also, I try and do dreamboards once a month and you can participate (or not) any time. It's very flexible and fun!

Fatma said...

I feel like crying now. I am so glad we can be here for you.

I have no words only love for you.

Fatma

Leah said...

what an amazing post. you are wonder woman!! (i used to have a wonder woman bathing suit as a child. it was my favorite. actually, i also used to have a felt cape that said "super leah" on the back. wish i still had it!)

i love the superhero theme to your post today. it makes me think, "you are a superhero!" it sounds to me like you are soaring, leaping buildings in a single bound! it's a bird! it's a plane! no, it's genie sea!

Tabitha said...

I feel so uplifted by your words. Your reaction to losing your book and knowing that someone else may need it more speaks volumes about your character. I applaud you today and say thank you for accepting the connection.

Be Blessed ☺

creativehealinggoddess said...

This is so emotional and the picture is beautiful

"I was washed by the warm, loving, cleansing water of this lovely community that I swim in. Soul Coaching could have fallen the way of so many other inspirational works I have read and studied and followed. What makes it unique, miraculous, and life-giving is each and every one of you. I am so, so deeply thankful."

I second that and thank you for being very encouraging,brave and supportive.

Caroline said...

You are an amazing Spirit. I love this post today...I will be back to re-read this...very powerful. Your dream is interesting...moving ahead knowing your superhero is behind you (but not "seeing" him, just trusting). To me, this is all about trusting that the universe will be there to catch you.

Aurora said...

your ability to feel s alone and work your way out of it---gives me hope--thank you, thank you for sharing this!

I have also been feeling this way since I lost my relationship with my partner---and he was also--in some ways--- my best friend. He hurt me deeply, but I still miss him...if it wasn't for all my great women friends, I do not know what I would do...they remind me that I am not alone.

this group has also been helping...so thank you all...

Judi said...

Blessed Be.

Serena said...

Firstly, let me say that the pic you chose for today is AWESOME and a beautiful explanation of what it means to you.

Secondly, I too, would have looked at the loss of your book like that. The same thing happened to me when I'd just bought 'The Secret' book. I realised that someone else must have needed it more than I did.

And third, I feel like the two SuperHeroes in your dream are reflections of your Ego Self and your Higher Self, both of which ARE you. I feel like your Higher Self is telling you that your journey may not always be smooth flowing but, even in the tough times, trust that your Higher Self is always there with you and things will be okay.

WOW! This is such a powerful post, Genie! It blew me away as, so much of it, aligns with my own feelings and experiences growing up....always feeling like the odd one out. I'm so honoured to be sharing this spiritual journey with you. Btw, you have such a beautiful way with words that touches the soul. Thank you ~

love, light and peace,
serena

Tori said...

I am glad you decided to look at losing your book as it going to someone who needed it more than as you making a mistake.

I used to feel alone a lot. I still do sometimes. Lately, though, I've tried to feel that support and love you talked about. With it, I realize that I'm not by myself.

Genie Sea said...

I come home to 10 lovely gifts. wrapped up in inspiring, loving, supportive comments. I am blessed.

Thank you Suzie! I would love to do a dream board soon! The idea is exciting. :)♥

Thank you Fatma! I am reflecting the love back to you :)♥

Thank you Leah! So much! You too are Super Leah! :) ♥

Thank you Tabby! Blessed be you! ♥ :)

Thank you Marilyn! For being brave, encouraging and supportive! :)♥

Thank you Caroline! For the added insight into my dream! And for everything! :)♥

Thank you Aurora! I know the pain of losing the man whom you thought you can rest your soul with. He wasn't the right one. Not yet :)♥

Thank you Judi! Blessed be you too! :)♥

Thank you Serena! The painting is something I did two years ago from a place of deep love. Thank you for the added and valuable insight into my dream! Thank you for everything! The honor is mine! :)♥

Thank you Tori! You are definitely not alone! Just look around :)♥

peppylady (Dora) said...

Funny I thought I left my wallet at our insurance agency and no I didn't so I thought I lost it and I moved some papers in back seat of the car and there it was.

I never felt like I fit into any certain click.
I figure it out that I actual think outside of the box and I finely figure it out I'm ok with the skin I'm in.

Coffee is on.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

{warmest hug} across the miles to bring you smiles. :)

originalbliss said...

What an awesome post! Your courage to change and honesty are defiantly inspirational for me today.

Miss Robyn said...

beautiful, beautiful post...

it sounds to me that you have tried all kinds of spiritual beliefs.. just like me..it is a wonder we haven't crossed paths in some temple or other.... :)

it is amazing how the support, care and encouragement from this group can make us feel like we aren't alone in this.. i know now that there are many like me who search and struggle.. I always thought I was the only one.
xoxo

Jamie Ridler said...

I just want to reach out and hug you!! You're in Toronto, right? If some strange lady comes and hugs you in the lineup at the grocery store or on the subway, that will be me!

You have so much love, what a blessing it not only flows from within you but surrounds you too. (Okay, that's kind of like "the Force" metaphor but still...)

I'm imagining you in your sexy superhero tights, big boots and fabulous cape and the emblem on the front of your outfit is a shining, radiant heart!

(PS I'm so glad the recordings arrived just in time for you - yay!)

Genie Sea said...

Peppylady - Thank you for the perpetual coffee! It's perpetually soothing! :)♥

Paula - Thank you! Huggies :)♥

Shannan - Thank you! It gives me joy to know I have inspired someone! :)♥

Robyn - Thank you! You are not alone, not while we're around.:)♥

Jamie - Thank you so much! Stop making me blush! :) Maybe I will make that outfit for next Halloween! I welcome a hug from you any day; I don't know anything about any strange ladies. :)♥

Turtleheart said...

Very moving post. I am glad that you are on the road back to finding faith and loving relationships again. Friends, even cyber friends, can be family.

PS- because your posts and beautiful digital collage are so lovely and inspiring, I pass the Kreativ blogger award along to you. A little more info at my regular blog:

http://turtleheartcove.blogspot.com/