Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-11-09

Fluidity

Water moves.
Water cleanses.
Water heals.
Water refreshes.

We are water.
Water sheds.
Water breaks
when we enter the world.

In the spirit of water, I created my first Tarot Card - The Ace of Cups. It represents the water signs, their fluid and healing nature. The nature of love. Turning Point.

It's been a long time since I have even opened Photoshop. To me, this is a return to my roots. To my creativity. To my joy.

I came home from the exhilarating Spoken Word event with so many realizations crowding for attention. So many signs. It was like a parade of snapshots highlighting the best moments of my life. Highlighting the best parts of who I am. Turning Points.

♥I was reminded of the acupuncture sessions I used to have weekly that helped me with my health. My colleague lives just around the corner from him!
♥I was reminded of being comfortable in my own skin no matter where I am. I stood against the wall, yes it was that packed, and I smiled the whole time, even when I was touched to tears.

♥I was reminded that I can be a charismatic person, and make the contacts I wish to make with ease. I talked to one of the men who was filming the show about bringing a workshop into my school.

♥I was reminded I have a voice and a passion.

♥I was reminded of fried plantain and dumplings, of basement parties, rejuvenating music and boundless laughter.

♥I was reminded of the warm azure water that surrounds Jamaica, and the feeling of being in it.

Water, water everywhere... :)

This is not a return to the past but a reminder of the paths that led me here. A reminder that in letting go, I do not have to let go of everything. My creativity renewed, I decided to fashion this card, and to use it in my opening ceremony of the week of water.

There is so much more to come!

21 comments:

Judi said...

That is a beautiful Ace of Cups. It's inspirational - best word that I can think of to describe how it makes me feel - although serene works too.

Some people never learn that you don't have to let go of everything in the past in order to move ahead. Why to go.

danette said...

All those turning points, in just one evening. Sounds magical.

Your card is gorgeous, are you making a deck? (nudge, nudge)

I love the line about water breaking...so luscious.

Claudia said...

I love those words at the beginning of your post.

Jamie said...

Oh, the joy in this post is infectious! I feel like we should put on some music and dance to celebrate!

Your charisma shines through this post. Thank you for sharing your self, your talents and your insights.

May this ace of cups represent many new, heartfelt, creative beginnings!

Miss Robyn said...

what a fantastic post!!!
You inspire me to go back through my life and remember those wonderful moments & to give thanks for them.
I love the idea of the tarot too.. I might just do something similar.
blessings of light for this week's journey xoxo

Serena said...

your tarot card just drew me in....so beautiful and how appropriate for the beginning of water week.

our experiences in our past, good or bad, are what guided us to where we are today....to this present moment. what wonderful turning points you shared today, genie, and it's great that they reminded you of some powerful and positive insights.

love, light and peace,
serena

Genie Sea said...

Judi - Thank you! It was indeed a valuable lesson that was waiting to be learned. I have always been someone to turn my back on the past, mostly because of fear. But because of this, because of all of you, I feel the confidence and support to do so! ♥

Danette - Thank you! ♥ You are a mind reader my friend! That is exactly what I am going to do. :)

Claudia - Thank you! ♥

Jamie - Thank you so much for you blessings! ♥ I am always up to music and dancing! :) Let's go! :)

Robyn - Thank you sweetie! :) We can share our Tarot's when we're done! Weeee! :)

Serena - Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! ♥ What I forgot to write in my post, was that yesterday morning I took out my Morgan Greer Tarot, for the first time in a long time, and I pulled out the Ace of Cups. Fortuitous, no? :)

originalbliss said...

I love your Ace of Cups! How awesome to open up Photoshop and play again - and create such a beautiful Ace of Cups!

I also love the imagery of "We are Water. Water sheds. Water breaks when we enter the world."

No wonder crave immersing myself in the bath when life gets emotionally overwhelming. I must be trying to recreate the peace of the womb. !

Thanks for the insight!
Shannan

Tori said...

That is a beautiful card.

Your turning points are magical. I'm glad you realized you do not need to let go of everything to move on. Our pasts are important.

gemma said...

Water is the most gentle thing and also the most powerful!
Lovely card Genie Sea.
:-)

Genie Sea said...

Shannan - Thank you so much! ♥ Water is indeed peaceful. I so miss the ocean! :)

Tori - Thank you sweetie! ♥

Gemma - Thank you hon! ♥

Kavindra said...

You reminded me that when we do something we love (like your spoken word event) that joy moves mountains and everything begins to shine. Beautiful to see! Infectious joy.

Shannon said...

What a beautiful post! This day really does feel like the ace of cups.

It rocks that you have so many moments to remember!

Turtleheart said...

Beautiful Ace of Cups. Perfect way to start water week.

I've used the tarot a bit for my soul coaching journey and plan to do more with it, too.

Genie Sea said...

Thank you Kavindra! :) It's good to spread joy. It seems to multiply! :)

Shannon - Thank you! :) I was surprised myself with the flood of memories. It was like floodgates (water!) opening. :)

Turtleheart - YaY! We connected. :) Tarots used to be a big part of my life. I have several decks. But I put them all away for a while. They are resurfacing :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

My friend quenella knew someone who did their own tarot cards.

You have a some great turning points in your life.

Thanks for stopping in and coffee is on.

Genie Sea said...

Peppy lady! - Thank you hon! Mmmm coffee! :)

Thien-Kim aka Kim said...

The Ace of Cups is beautiful. I am like you; I feel whole when I am creating.

Isn't wonderful what the opportunities that open up to you when you follow (and talk about) your passion.

Genie Sea said...

Kim - Thank you! ♥ Yes, it is awesome how being open to positive reaps more! :)

creativehealinggoddess said...

How beautiful is this card?
After reading your post I feel cleansed already.

Well done in recognizing your turning points.

Genie Sea said...

Marilyn - Thank you! I cannot take full credit for my realizations. I owe a big part of it to all of you who have given me an infinity of perspectives and insights! :)