Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-01

December Whirl


I awake this morning slightly groggy and hung over. Strange, I had nothing to drink... Maybe it's the weather or maybe because it's my first day without Soul Coaching, I am feeling tired.

But how can I be when this is the first thing I see when I open my eyes in the morning? ---------->

This is my Stinky. My little companion and reality check. This photo was taken by my god daughter. Isn't he so cute? :)

Oh and it's December now!

I have meetings this week up the wazoo. I am running a blogging workshop for Professional Development this Friday. I have a lot of work coming my way before the two week break!

So much to do this month. Such a whirlwind of activity and plans. Birthday parties, holiday gatherings, making gifts (I decided this year will be a craft year), decorating my home (it's been a few Christmases that I hadn't bothered to decorate my tree), get-togethers with friends. Whirl whirl!

In this festive bustle, I have made a few appointments with myself.

Yesterday when I was decluttering and reorganizing my closet, I found a box from my move that I had stowed away. (I moved two years ago!) I found a paraffin facial bath that I had bought eons ago. Guess who's going to be using it? Can you say Spa Night? :)

I am making an appointment to see a Naturopath in two weeks and an acupuncturist this Saturday.

During the holidays, I will be resting a lot because I need it badly. I have scheduled empty days of recharging, but I will also be finishing the last 4 chapters of a novel I started in the Ice Age. They are all mapped out, all I need to do is fill in the blanks. That is one thing I need to square away. Check. Done. Move on. Pass it along. Make it someone else's "To Do" Item. :)

I feel different. Stronger, more serene, not prone to drowning in the dark cloud that I allowed to hang over me.

I know this week will have its challenges, and adventures.

I am getting together tomorrow night with my friend and partner in crime Renata, to plan out next semester for our department.

I am part of the union executive at our school and we will be having a very important meeting this Wednesday. It will define the staff as victors or victims. We are taking action to document all the examples of harassment and abuse, and present it to our union leader. Take THAT! :)

Thursday night is our Department Holiday social so I will be baking spanakopita on Wednesday night while watching the finale of So You Think You Can Dance- Canada. Yum! My recipe strays a little from the traditional one. I add sun-dried tomatoes and olives to my filling... Drool? :)

No wonder I woke up tired! Haha!

But one thing I know for sure. I will be enjoying every minute of it. Even if it is very challenging and frustrating. I will allow the stress and upset if it comes my way to roll off my back. I will smile in the face of adversity.

That is what Soul Coaching has taught me. I found my equilibrium and I will allow nothing to take it away. Unless it's the man of my dreams, and then I will allow myself some swooning. Wink! :)

I hope you are all well and embarking on amazing new journeys!

Blessed be! :)

14 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

I am so very glad that Soul Coaching has helped you so much! And wow, I love spanakopita, yummy! Now that's good food for the spirit.

I feel tired too. I think we need some recovery time from SC. Decorating will definitely help.

I wish I lived in Halifax! If I had a market like that nearby, life would be better. Sadly I am out of town but we can go in on weekends.

Her Speak said...

Mmm! Sounds delish! I hope you enjoy embellishing your home--it always puts a little spring in my step to put out something with a little sparkle. (I'm throwing a retro cocktail party this weekend and am looking forward to transforming my home into a swingin' lounge!)

May you supercharged for the tasks ahead and May the season be sweet to you! :)
Blissings~*

Pen said...

wow! you certainly have a lot going on! it's no wonder you feel a little tired: but it sounds like these full days = full soul, and that's great. what a fabulous way to wind down the year and prepare for the next one!

Tabitha said...

You are one busy lady! I know you will succeed in every venture that comes before you. You are an awesome inspiration!

Miss Robyn said...

I think a few of us are feeling a kind of anti-climax. Last night, I felt a little despondent and just could not settle to meditation. My mind was all over the place... but we will get through, I am holding your hand xo

creativehealinggoddess said...

I have a tabby like that called nutmeg....I am tired too so taking a few days out but will be back soon.

Tori said...

You sound busy! December really is a whirl wind. It's so much fun, but it seems to pass quickly becuase I'm always on the go.

Enjoy your spa night. You deserve it. ;)

Caroline said...

Ha! I am feeling much the same...tired! Who know that SC would be so exhausiting :) Get your rest...I think I will go and take a nap :)

Judi said...

Okay - me too - I feel like I could sleep for a week -It must have something to do with the end of Soul Coaching and the beginning of the holidays.

Spa night - reminds me of when I was a teen and we'd have sleepovers and do everyone's hair and nails -pampering and giggles.

Pamper yourself - we all should - we deserve it.

Genie Sea said...

Suzie - You're closer than I am :)

Molly - OH! Retro cocktail. How fabulous :)

Pen - I am so needing a wind-down! My eyes are glazing over heh.

Tabby - Thank you so much honey :)

Robyn- We are still here for each other and that's what counts :)

Marilyn- Awesome. Rest up girl. I will soon too :)

Tori- You said it! December is so festive and fun but oh boy! :)

Caroline - A Nap! Bliss! :)

Judi - Girls night rocks. Keeps us young! :)

Boho mom said...

Oh wow! Awesome post!
Kudos to you for finishing Soul Coaching!
Sounds like you have a lot to do this month.
I love the idea of you teaching a blogging workshop! Cool.

I am so excited to hear that you are a fan of "So you think you can dance Canada"
My hatchling's hip-hop teacher placed 8th overall, I think?
Her name is Tamina.

Enjoy those spa treatments - you deserve them!

Dia said...

Oh, uh hu!! I am definatly drooling for some of your spanakopita!! MMMM

good putting a finger on the tired bit!! I took a nap on my lunch break (was with the kidlets at Playschool this AM, one of the 3 year olds jostled my Grand daugher for my lap while I was trying to lead 'entsie weensie spider' (how can I do hand movements with two 3 yr olds on my lap??!)

& best luck getting the info together to challange the Dragon Queen's Reign (have you made a card rallying your strength for the challange??)

hugs!

Serena said...

Your spanakopita looks delicious, Genie!

I too think we need a little down time for rest after the SC journey. it was pretty well full on from the get-go. Yesterday, I felt a little lost without having SC as my focus for the day but, in saying that, it shows me that it had a definite impact on my life.

It sounds like you have a busy month ahead so remember to rest and pamper yourself when you can. What a gorgeous, furry friend you have to support you with love along the way too.

Genie Sea said...

Boho - Thank you :) Oh! I loved Tamina! She has such flair! I am so looking forward to seeing who wins SYTYCD-Canada, but I think they are all such spectacular dancers, that it doesn't matter. I am so thrilled to be Canadian. We need more shows like this. I don't think a lot of Canadians feel the pride in our country as much as other people do. :)

Dia - Yikes! Did your granddaughter fall? No wonder you needed a nap! I have indeed prepared a card for tomorrow to help us in out quest to dethrone the Dragon Queen. :)

Serena - So true! It's not easy to be delving into your soul on a daily basis. Saying we are tired might be an understatement, but what an accomplishment! :)