Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-15

Seasoning

As the last week of school before the holidays begins, I channel my serenity as much as I can. I will be needing it, as this week is going to be another busy one.

I took the weekend to regenerate and restore my spiritual and emotional balance. I have been experiencing a series of events that threatened to topple me into mental oblivion.

I have been noticing a lot of my friends are feeling the same kind of crunchy pressure. Whenever I talk to someone on the phone, I hear about tension, arguments, hurt feelings, resentment, and anger. It seems as if everyone's blood has been seasoned with concentrated chili juice.

Does this happen every season; or is this some astrological phenomenon that is affecting us? I don't recall this many people telling me they are this overwhelmed.

The strange thing is, we all seem to voluntarily take it on. In more cases than not, we are putting that pressure on our own selves. I know I have, and I am reminding myself to cut back, step away, say "no" politely.

In the next few days, when I will be surrounded by people's wired energy, and school frenzy, I draw on the High Priestess in me. She is serene and intuitive, letting the situation unfold without letting it affect her. She knows that action has reaction and thus lets her steps and words be balanced. She watches the signs and understands them; and in decoding them, she knows the right action to take. The High Priestess draws on the abundant wisdom of the Universe and all the tools she gives us.

We do not have to interact with everything and everyone that comes our way. It is good to stay centered, study their energy, making an informed and intuitive decision about what action to take. Sometimes the best action is inaction. Sometimes, it's best to walk away.

May the High Priestess bathe you in her intuitive wisdom that she gains from the Universe's vast database. May your serenity and purpose be balanced, and your days be fruitful.

Blessed be :)

17 comments:

indigo goddess said...

May this card follow all of us! Amen!

Kim Mailhot said...

Ahhh, taking a bath in her wisdom...so many of us need it...

Thank you for the blessing ! Sending it back to you too...

Tabitha said...

This has helped to start my day on the right path. Thank you so very much Genie!

Kris said...

Dear Genie,

**Deep relaxing breath**
Yes, I too, feel my High Priestess now, and because of your post has she emerged. Yes, she will walk in me today, indeed, and may she continue to walk in you!

You are a blessing to witness, Genie :)

With love,
Kristen

Boho mom said...

Beautiful! I need the blessings of the high priestess.
Thanks so much for your kinds words of support on my blog.
It really means a lot to me.
Enjoy this crazy, hectic week.
xo

The Muse said...

I agree...there appears to be an unsettling amount of tension this year that surrounds us...is it the tide of change...the sense of unknown...?

We do need to let ourselves settle...for time has always changed...always added that season and spice...

Odd that so many are just now taking a bite from the seasoned food of life :) Ah but then again at Christmas...most tend to nibble a little here and there...this and that!

Nice post!! :)

Her Speak said...

It does seem like something in the air doesn't it? I noticed it when my siblings and I were out and about running errands together yesterday. There's a lot of anxiety and hostility buzzing around. Stress is powerful and motivates people to act crazy! I hope you are able to stay in the eye of the storm and find calmness and clarity.

This card is so jubilant-like a mini sonic boom! The colors are spot on, very powerful. I love that you placed Stonehenge sort of lurking in the background. That image has become so iconic that your instincts respond to it so strongly. Excellent excellent!

To everyone jumping in the bath!
Much Peace, Many Blissings~*
Molly

linda said...

genie, you are very talented! this is a beautiful and deeply personal card....thank you for sharing her this day.

blessings to you...

Caroline said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! That is why I took a blog break. It was getting to be too much. This season people just get crazy and the expectations are totally out of control! I am making choices to slow down and it makes all the difference. We were invited to 4 holiday parties over the weekend and only chose to go to 1. Otherwise, it's all just a blur! I love the High Priestess card...a wonderful remeinder to keep us sane and strong!

Boho mom said...

TAG!!- you're it!

Kavindra said...

Pretty and I love the cherry tree that seems to be growing from her like wings.

It's funny because here in DC everyone seems pretty mellow. DC is not a mellow town either, and usually I get freaked out by all the christmas hubbub. But every line I have stood in, every crowd, people have been jovial, patient, fun to be around. Must be something in our water ... let me know and I can bottle some up and mail it off in a little bottle!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Oh, yessss! My dad was a psychiatrist and his busiest time was holidays time.

This time brings back many issues that may be hidden during the rest of the year (family conflicts being #1 in the ranking, the end of the year balance that shows you aren´t where you or others want you to be, bla, bla, bla, you get the idea ;) )

Tori said...

I've noticed this, too. I'm not sure if it's just this year, or if it's always been this way during the holiday season, but it's so widespread.

I hope the High Priestess card can bless everyone. We all need it.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Actual this holiday season been one of the most stress free.
One thing I did different is wrap present a few at time. Most years I wrap a lot in one day and I then loose tape scissors, and or pen.
But now I need to figure out how to make my Christmas letter less stressful or I should say my weather recording sum up.

Blessing and all the stress be to small amount and the coffee is on.

jennlui said...

ooohhhh genie! your high priestess is so very beautiful!!! sending you peaceful tranquil vibes this week, good luck with the insanity!

thank you for the very meaningful blessing, you are a gem!!!

peace and love

Allison said...

I'm so glad you took some time this past weekend to recharge your batteries - you need those for so many things! (including self-care).

This past full moon (12th) was the cause of much astrological angst causing ripples (&/or waves) for all signs.

Serena said...

OH, what an amazing and powerful card....LOVE IT!

Thank you for the blessing ~ :)