Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-07

Stairs to Starlight

(Stairs to Starlight by Genie Sea - a digital collage - Click for larger view)

This morning, I woke up more energized and full of purpose. I have come to accept the fact that my body no longer needs or wants to sleep in. At first my mind offered resistance, but then I used that extra time in my day to blog, read, mediate, exercise, create.

I had an incredibly relaxing day yesterday. I decided I was not going to leave my house and do whatever the mood enticed me to do.
I did. Nothing.
I did. Nap.
I did. Read.
I did. Create.
I did. Play with Stinky.
I did. Catch up on shows I missed during the week.
I did. Take a warm shower with rose water scented soap and get into fresh pajamas.
I did. Stay in them all day.
I did. Make a grilled cheese sandwich with flax seed bread and white aged cheddar.
I did. Thoroughly enjoy it.
I did. Design more Tarot cards.
I did. Find the organization I was going to donate money to instead of buying gifts. Covenant House
I did. Dream and visualize what I most wanted in my life. Health. Financial comfort. A home filled with love and companionship. Creative Expression and Publication of same. My Man. :)

Today, I decided to take a little break from posting my Tarot cards, and I posted a piece I did a while back, when dreaming was possibility. I call it Stairs to Starlight. I am on them again. Looking forward in the Now, and not behind. This piece is made with 16 images, and 21 layers, manipulated countless times.

I dare to dream again.
I dare to know that what I most desire will be materializing without effort.
I dare to want to spread love, joy, and the incredible message that anything is possible to as many people as possible.

What do you dare to do? What do you want to materialize? Because you know, anything is possible. :)

Blessed be :)

p.s. Check out the wonderful new award Jennlui gave me in the left side bar! I am so honored and grateful! Jennlui rocketh! :)

19 comments:

indigo goddess said...

I loved this post, for so many reasons. Your Dare to Dream again is like my Ask, Believe, & Receiive. It works!! No room in our lives for non belief and doubt.
You go Girl!!!
XOXOXOXO

todayandeveryday said...

I love your picture. It is very ethereal and lovely. Your day spent in sounded like just what you needed, each layer more comforting than the next.
I dare to be the woman that I know I am.
Peace and Blessings to you~
Dawn

Rowena said...

I found you through Jen Lui and was intrigued. Are you designing a whole deck of Tarot cards? I have started my own Oracle images, although I'd say I'm in my draft phase.

Do you do one every day? That's hard work. I've been doing every day for a while, and recently needed to take a break for Christmas.

I also like your vision of what you want in your life. It's important to visualize in order to manifest, I think.

I will visit again.

Tori said...

This is such a great post! Your day sounds very relaxing and fun. I love your picture. It's beautiful, and the name really fits.

The Muse said...

I did, I have done, I will do.

Great posting...!!

So happy to have found your blog :)

Boho mom said...

Oh wow! What a glorious, self-empowering post.
I love your list of all your "dids"
SO cozy to take that shower and wear your P.J.'s all day. LOVE IT!

That pic is simply AMAZING!!

xo

jennlui said...

what a fabulous post!!! so great to hear that you had a wonderful day!!! i love those days where we give ourselves permission to just be and do whatever with no commitments to anything. i have learnt with the years to have many many more of these, sounds you had such a blast!!!

oooohhh i love your piece stairs to starlight!!! so much depth and magic residing inside there, thank you so much for sharing!!!

and for the award, well honey you totally deserve it!!! you're energy and creativity is always such a big big pleasure to come visit! i had no doubt in my mind who i was going to pass it along to. thank you for being you and sharing your journey. i am so blessed that our paths have crossed!!!

have a wonderful sunday!
peace and much love

Tabitha said...

Genie, that picture is truly amazing! The strength in your thoughts is awe inspiring! Your day sounds like it was just what the universe ordered for you.

Have An Even Greater Today!

Tabby

Caroline said...

I just love this collage! Your post was wonderful to read...a very nice day you had :)

Judi said...

Great post and a great day.

I'll meet you on the stairs and dream of a wonderful future

Kris said...

Dear Genie,

What an inspiring post! I am going to be thinking of *exactly* what I dare to do, and write a post on it (I'll link it back to you :). That is just the question I need to be considering right now ... and I didn't even know that until I read your post: Magic! :D

BTW, I love your statement of "looking forward in the Now" because that describes what it takes to live a magical, functional, and succulent life; and again, to be reminded of that was beautiful :)

Be your beautiful self, and dare on!

In Joy,
Kristen

linda said...

genie, you have a beautiful spirit and it shows itself in a myriad of ways...thank you for blessing my life in such a very short time...

creativehealinggoddess said...

I love this picture and the way you wrote your blog ....I am meant to do some angel cards soon but I need about a month off..

take your relaxing break nothing before the time ....

peppylady (Dora) said...

Yes you did and that is might fine.

Coffee is on.

Tammie Lee said...

Your words are inspiring
your image draws me in
deeply in
deep inside

Dia said...

Love this post - & the card!!
Wow -
Do you know Gael Baudino's books? She has a series featuring an elvin harper (Natil) & spanning a middle ages, European model world, & the 20th century where the elvin blood (mingled with human) is awakening - in Denver!

Strands of Starlight, Maze of Moonlight, Shroud of Shadow, & Strands of Sunlight. I also love her 'Gossamer Axe' (which also features a delightful harpist, Christa)
Thought of these with the title to your collage :)

Serena said...

Genie, your collage is stunningly beautiful...it has a spiritual essence about it. And what a blessed day you had...perfect!

This post so resonated with me...thank you for your wisdom.

love, light and peace,
serena

Serena said...

I meant to congratulate you on your award....well deserved ~ :)

Beverly said...

Hello Genie! Oh I just love this post. It truly is the simple joys that make life so blissful. A grilled cheese sandwich and a sweet movie or just spending time with my son ~ ah, I do enjoy the simple things!