Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-29

2009 Meme

Danette over at the Drawing Board has come up with a New Year's Challenge to create a 2009 meme mosaic and I did! Visit her blog for the full instructions and to take the challenge!




Here are the questions that inspired the images:

1. Looking back on 2008, what might the theme have been? Change.
A lot of things in my life shifted in 2008. My perspective, my place in the world, my goals. Some of these shifts were deeply painful. Others were deeply satisfying. The most significant change was brought about in my participation in Soul Coaching and coming into contact with the miraculous blogging community. You have changed my life.

2. If 2008 was a movie, who would play you? Crystal Renn. She is a gorgeous plus-size model.
I have been on the look-out for models who are not skin and bones. This particular one is so gorgeously voluptuous that I find myself wishing I had her body. One day. :) She graces my blog header right now, as a constant motivation for me, and has inspired some images in my Tarot.

3. What was your greatest gift of 2008? Friendship.
This is truly the most precious miracle in my life. My friends (which definitely includes all of YOU!) have given me so much love, support, advice, encouragement, inspiration, and wisdom. What greater gift is this?

4. What is your New Year Resolution, or, what are you committing to this year? Actualization.
The more I think about it, the more this word resonates with me for 2009. It is the act of making something real, giving something life, making dreams come true.

5. If January could be represented by one song, what would it be? Beautiful U R
This song has become one of my favorite. It reinforces the idea that beauty comes in many forms, shapes and sizes. This is a mantra I have to constantly repeat because I was always in danger of tumbling into despair because of the way I look. I will take Breedale's advice and say while believing that I AM beautiful and look the way I want to. :)

6. What do you wish for your body in 2009? Fitness.
See above :)

7. Name one new thing you would love to try in the New Year. New forms of art.
I want to get my hands and face and clothes and feet dirty. I want to dive elbow deep in watercolors and oils and scraps and gels this year.

8. What do you long for 2009 to bring? True Love.
Self-explanatory, no? :)

9. If that happened, how would you feel? Ecstatic!
How could I not be? :)

10. Where would you love to vacation in 2009 if money were no object? Tuscany & Florence.
I have always loved both places. I don't know why. It makes me go weak at the knees. :)

11. What would you like the theme of 2009 to be? Completeness.

12. If 2009 was a book, and the title was 5 words or less, what might the title be? Dreams Come True.

This was really fun to do, and I am really happy with the results. It wasn't easy, and needed a lot of reflection and fine-tuning, but well worth the time! Thank you Danette for suggesting it. :)

17 comments:

danette said...

Not only did we both have Florence, we both have hot air balloons! I do hope that is not how we are getting there. ;)

Thank you for including your answers and reflections. I am so excited to see what 2009 will bring for you. All the changes in 2008 feel like they were merely setting the stage...

Wishing you actualization beyond your dreams,

D

Tabitha said...

This seems like it was a fun thing to do. I know your dreams will come true for you. Be safe and have a Happy Filled New Year.

See you back here in a few days!!

Jo said...

Hope you manifest all your dreams and wishes in 2009 :-)

jennlui said...

beautiful meme genie!!! each item is so moving and thoughtful, i wish for you all of these and much more in 2009!!! the first step in actualizing ours dreams into reality is to acknowledge what we want. i love how you know exactly what your heart whispers and you go for it!!! yay genie!!! you go girl, 2009 will hold so much for you, i just feel it!!!

have a very magical new year
peace and love

Kris said...

Genie, you created a digital "Dream Board," and you know how "they" say that Dream Boards are vital steps in manifesting whatever we dream of actualizing: Congratulations! And Genie, you ARE beautiful, inside and out: Believe It, Know It, Relish in You :)

I send love your way,
Kristen

Anonymous said...

If you're on the look-out for models who are not skin and bones, you should visit a site called The Judgment of Paris

http://www.judgmentofparis.com/

It houses the finest collection of fashion images of plus-size models I've ever come across.

June said...

Wow this is brilliant Genie, i love yours and will take a look at the challenge it looks good
Love your page as always my friend ...Happy 2009
Hugs June xxx

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Wonderful mosaic, so vibrant and full of life. :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

What a great posting and deep thinking.
I like to see some of Chrystal Renn.
I'm sure not built like a tooth pick.

I enjoy all my friends even though out the blog world also.

Coffee is on.

The Muse said...

(insert trumpet sounds here) "Queen Muse"
LOL LOL
Well now, it appears my 2009 is already a plan in the making, being dubbed Queen Muse....

LOL LO (insert cries of "help me" here) !!! LOL

To you, I send for every good thought, every wish, every prayer that you ACHIEVE...RECEIVE...and SUCCEED...

(oh crackers, that was good! LOL)

rebecca said...

I am not familiar with Crystal Renn, but she's gorgeous! And when you mean plus-size, you mean she weighs 120 lbs? Ha! Models today are soooooo skinny, they're not even attractive, just skin and bones.

One of the greatest gift for me in '08 was the friendship I developed with bloggers as well. This has been the most surprising and rewarding experience.

Fitness. Blah! It's my friggin' mantra....while I sit on the couch eating chips and drinking soda and saying "tomorrow" I'll start. And the next day, the same thing all over again, except this time over a large cup of ice cream....blah, blah, blah! But I'll l try again come '09. That's me....forever trying!

And you picked the two places I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to visit: Tuscany and Florence. Oh, the beauty, the food, the fields, the wine, the culture, the homes, the architecture, the wine, the food...oh, wait, I mentioned that already. Ah, and the men! Yes, Genie, the men...let's not forget those delicious men (that can't be trusted for beans, but hey....when in Rome).

And...and....and I LOOOVVVEEE your header! Tell me you didn't have this before, because if you did, then I need to pay a little more attention and perhaps should be my primary goal for '09.

Have a safe and happy new year Miss G.

((hugs))
Rebecca

Tammie Lee said...

I find such pleasure in getting to know you~ May all your dreams come true!

Seems long ago you gave me the 'Tree of Happiness' award. I have finally posted something about it. Thank you again.

Tammie

Dia said...

So hard to believe 2008 is making way for 2009 - great post on that!
Blessings in 'these or something BETTER' manifesting for us all :)

Serena said...

OH, this looks great...and fun! May you manifest all your desires, my friend.

love, light and peace,
serena

Suzie Ridler said...

Fantastic! I love the images and the answers, lots of energy moving around there is good ways. I want to be like you and get my hands dirty more this year but I also want to clean more, LOL. I hope the redesigning of your garden and that special room in your home go well and that they transform into something out of your dreams.

Genie Sea said...

When I read your comments, and your blogs, I have this vision in my head of all these Crystal goddesses (like Glinda - Good Witch of the North x30)! :)

Danette - Right! Balloons! They seem very prominent in my life right now, as I even dedicated a whole suit to them. How about we do a hot air balloon trip, not as far as Italy but I'm game :)

Tabby- Travel safe! :)

Night Owl - Thank you sweetie :) My wish for you is the same :)

Jennlui - Thank you oh Trinket Goddess :) I feel it too :)

Kristen - I had the same thought about it being a Dream Board! It's now my desktop wallpaper. ;)

Thank you Anon!

June - You should try it! It's fun! :)

Thank you Paula! I am very happy with it. I smile every time I turn on my computer :)

Thank you Our Lady of Perpetual Coffee :)

Thank you Queen Muse! :)

Rebecca - LOL! Crystal Renn I believe is a size 14. Shocking! That's huge! I will be that huge soon. Hehe!
As for fitness. I have been going to the gym steadfastly for 5 months. You would think that would have budged something? Umm. nope :(
How could I forget the men... (insert reverie here) :)
LOL! The header is new. You don't need to check your eyes or your focus. It's all good! :)

Tammie- Thank you so much sweetie! It's a pleasure getting to know you too! I will come check out your post :)

Dia - Here here! To wonderful manifestations for all of us! :)

Serena - Thank you honey! My wish for you is the same :)

Thank you Suzie :) You are such a delight! :)

Nicole said...

Beautiful! May all your dreams, desires and wishes come true Genie! You inspired me to create my own dreamboard. Thank you!!