Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-13

Moon Spinner

Ah the full moon!
There she is in all her glory,
smiling down on us, serene.
Gleaming on our skin is her story
Turning reality into a dream.
Everyone smiles to meet her gaze
Awakening us from our daily daze
Making the water in our blood stir
Coming alive, for love of her.
She walks with us, in darkness' path
Washing us in her moonbeam's bath
Everything is beautiful under her glow
Feelings erupt, emotions grow
She is our guide,
our muse,
our glee
I watch the moon
As she watches me.

Last night, I bundled up, made a hot chocolate and had my moments with the moon through the clouds. The street was quiet. The air was crisp, But soul to soul, we took a trip of emotion. She stirred me and settled me at once. "How beautiful you are." I breathed. "How beautiful you are." She smiled. Standing in her light, I was washed clean, from the day's frustrations, from worry, from everything. My mind, my heart, my soul were aglow. I slept well.

In honor of her fullness, and to participate in Suzie's dream board project I made The Moon card. It encapsulates her dreamy quality, her guiding us through the darkness, and all the romanticism accompanying her.

It was a tumultuous couple of days for me. My hormones turned my emotions into an uncontrollable tsunami, and I needed my solitude which I sought out the first opportunity I got. I feel calm today, at peace, knowing I have this day to do as I please, and what I please to do is spend time with myself. Reconnect, recharge, regain my balance. Thank you Moon :)

Thank you to all of you who bestowed upon me your words of support and encouragement. I cannot say enough how much this means to me. You are like a group of angelic magicians holding hands and blanketing me with your care. :)

Breedale was sweet enough to bestow on me the friendship award (see the left sidebar) that I now gladly bestow on others. Thank you Breedale for being all the wonderful things you are, but mostly an inspiration to me and many others. Blessed be my friend. :)

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I pass the torch of friendship to:

1- Kavindra who gives of herself abundantly not only on her wonderful blogs, but through comments on others'. She is a constant source of light and humour. Thank you :)

2- Gemma who always has a kind word, a helpful comment, a warm perspective. Her compassion and wisdom are endless.

3- Tabby who not only chooses bliss, but is bliss personified. If ever you feel like life has trampled you, visit her blog. :)

4- Sandy who has such love to bathe the whole world in. Her words of encouragement and compassion are always magical. :)

5- Robyn who has created a portal to a magical world. Click on the bird's wing! Do it soon because the portal doesn't stay open long and you will miss out. :)

6- Fatma who is constantly providing resources of wellness and health. :)

7- Shannon who is a powerhouse. To say her perspective is unique, engaging and downright funny, is making an understatement. :)

8- Last but not least, Danette who is the alpha and omega to me. You simply have to visit her to see why. Splendidness in every way :)

In the spirit of giving, a couple of days ago, Tori tagged me with the "5-a-day" meme. Five things you do everyday to keep balanced. I did my five, now it's time to pass it along :)

1- Rowena
2- Beverly
3- Boho
4- Jane
5- Kim

All of these amazing women have an incredible story to tell, a beautiful perspective, and amazing strength. They, like all the blogs on my roll, are ceaseless sources of inspiration. Thank you.

Blessed be :)

21 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

That card is stunning! If you wanted to, you could add it to the links for the dreamboards, I think it goes well with this Gemini moon. I love that you had a dialogue with the moon! I wish I could have seen her. We had a hurricane last night.

Genie Sea said...

Thank you so much Suzie! I added my link on your dreamboard post :) I was excited to :) I'm sorry you didn't get to see her, but she has a message for you... She loves you and you are beautiful :)

Kim Mailhot said...

Your moon play was so beautiful ! What a wonderful way to receive her !

Thanks for the tag but mostly for your encouraging and supportive comments about my blog and the others that inspire you. It is so very appreciated and so very heart-felt.

I will do the 5 a day meme in a post some time this weekend. Trying to keep things balanced, if you know what I mean !;-)
Happy Saturday !
blessing...

Tori said...

I stared up at the moon last night, too. I was amazed. She was so lovely and bright. The way the sky was lit up, I could have stayed there for hours.

It's not a coincidence that I slept well for the first time in a week last night.

indigo goddess said...

The moon was still there this morning at 6:30 which is so rare- She is a beauty! Thank you so much for the award, but even more for such kind words. I am honored!

Boho mom said...

Ok, first of all...your moon card is GORGEOUS!!!
You are so talented and creative...go girl! How inspiring to go outside and have a soul chat with the full moon. What a connection you must have felt!
Congrats on your blog award- you so deserve it! And your writing here is absolutely beautiful! I'm going to visit all the blogs you've named- such wonderful things you've said.

And thank you for tagging me! Sounds like a fun one!

gemma said...

Gemini Moon is stunning. Her glow makes us all look beautiful.
Thank you so much for the lovely friendship award. I put it on my sidebar linked to you. Next time I post I will pass it on to 8 others.
muah
x

Tammie Lee said...

Your poem touched my heart. This moon was simply divine and your card shows it's spirit! Lovely. There is a magic that can happen stepping out under the moonlight and breathing the night air in, you took me there.

Your tribute to friends will inspire me to visit them.

Fatma said...

Hi Genie

Thank you for the way you put into words the beauty of our world.

The moon last night was abundant, glowing, beautiful and mesmerizing. How blessed to be given the sight to see her and bask in her glory.

I am so very thrilled to be given the friendship award. You make my heart sing. I will pass it on.

Much Love

Her Speak said...

Your poem made my fireflies dance around! So beautiful. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the pull of this amazing moon. She is spectacular. :)

Much Love, Many Blissings!
Molly

Tabitha said...

All I can do is smile!
You make my heart sing sweet Genie...You truly do!

I'm most honored and deeply blessed.

Jenn said...

That is a gorgeous card! I wish I could've seen the moon last night too, but we were having some typical wet west coast weather.

peppylady (Dora) said...

It should clear off here this evening and I'll get a picture of the moon.
I'm sorry about your hormone been giving you a rough ride.

Coffee is on.

Kris said...

Dear Genie,

I was swept up into your card and your poem! Beautiful expressions from a brilliantly glowing soul that's You :)

Yes, when the Full Moon gazes upon me, I always feel renewed, re-grounded, and shinier in my essence :)

Glow On, Woman, Glow On!

In Joy,
Kristen

Serena said...

Awesome card and poem, Genie! I too love that the moon helped you feel cleansed, connected and refreshed. I often feel this same way when taking in the beauty of the moon.

You are beautiful!

love, light and peace,
serena

jennlui said...

ooohhhhh absolutely stunning moon card!!! there is such a deep mystical magical feel to it, like there is so much knowledge and wisdom there to be found. beautiful!!!

it is so wonderful that you had that alone time and communication with the moon. hope that she has recharged you.

peace and many blessings

Miss Robyn said...

aww thankyou... I am so happy that my faery magick can make people happy... we all need magick in our lives.. and don't fret, faery land opens again in June.. it is open all the month of December & then all the month of June..
Your Moon ritual was perfect & I
love your moon card.. this is quite a wonderful deck! bless you dear Genie Sea xo

Beverly said...

Hey Genie, I'll get to the meme tomorrow, but in the meantime I have something for you, just follow the link:

http://flying-cupcakes.blogspot.com/2008/12/tree-of-happiness-award.html

megg said...

This is such a sweet post - I love that you spoke to the moon - sometimes I go out and smile at her, but I have never talked to her before - maybe tonight is the night!!

Kavindra said...

Hello Moon-Talker -
so that's where you get your magic and light, from talking to the moon!

Thanks for the friendship, and the friendship award! I'm very happy to receive the torch from you my dearest.

Beverly said...

Finally got my post up! Thanks for including me on the meme!

http://flying-cupcakes.blogspot.com/2008/12/5-day.html