Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-02

Surging

Buoyant in the sky
air filling its lungs
as it floats into the sunset.

Crowds of people cheer it on
happy to see such spectacular travel
without wings
without metal
pushing the air gently
as it reaches its destination.

As I have started on the path of making my own Tarot deck, I decided to keep going. I have been reading Tarot for 22 years, and although I don't do readings for others anymore, I have several decks that I have bought and treasured. They simply fascinate me.

Instead of drawing cards, I meditate and allow a card to 'come to me'. Today, the air cards wanted to make an appearance, with the Ace of Balloons. Swords are too violent and phallic. When I was casting about for images in my head, and googling randomly. (I do that a lot) Hot air balloons started popping up everywhere.

Yesterday was a doozy. As usual, I walked into crisis when I got to work. Two teachers were away and instead of preparing lesson plans, asked that we go into their emergency lessons ( I think they need a vocabulary lesson). This involved extra work and running around not only on my part but on the part of a colleague of mine who was then berated by the supply teacher for being unprofessional. Oh, you can bet yours truly had a word with that supply teacher. No one puts baby in the corner :)

The amazing thing about yesterday is this:

I got complimented by two of my colleagues that I handled the supply teacher marvelously.
Then, at the end of the day, a retired teacher who used to work at the school for years and now supply teaches often, told me that she admired me. She said. "You are so marvelous, and I don't think you even know how much. You are the best thing to have happened to that department."

I gave her a hug. I was beaming inside, but I was also floored by the extent of that compliment. You see. I'm not used to compliments. It took me a long time to accept one graciously without spouting a whole string of self-deprecation. Yet, when someone does, I feel like that poor wilting plant in the corner after it has been watered. The whole day's challenges seemed to dissolve and I felt a surge of energy fill me. I could face anything.

Then, a woman from a publishing company called and emailed me saying she really wanted me to write for a new project. It's an education series, but I can get fired up about curriculum (big nerd) and it will mean extra income. I threw out the sum of $50K into the universe because that will clear me of my extraneous debt and leave me only with my mortgage and bills. I would love to be able to pay off my mortgage too, but that's the next step :)

Then I got to thinking. The whole Soul Coaching experience has altered me irrevocably for the better. I have a confidence and peace in the core of my being I did not have before.

And it only is partly due to the actual book. The greater impact happened as a result of the interaction with the group of angels that I have been honored to meet in this journey.

I used to blog irregularly. Now, I feel the need to blog daily. I have bought a gazillion journals but this is the medium I am drawn to. It empowers me to write my thoughts and hit "publish" because no matter what they are, I have sent them out into the world.

I have a few friends who have been reading my blog. When I saw a comment, it would swell my heart with gratitude, and lift me up. I felt like I wasn't a sole voice in the desert of my thoughts. Now, I see comments every day. And they mean the world to me. They are like precious gifts of love, support, and wisdom. I am buoyant!

This makes my writer's soul happy. That someone is reading what I have written and gaining something from it.

Yes, the Ace of Balloons is a perfect card for today. Buoyant, and free, cutting through the darkness and reflecting the light.

I hope your day is rich and free, and the light reflects on, in and around you.

Blessed be :)

15 comments:

Suzie Ridler said...

You are a dynamo at work and I'm so glad people recognized your abilities and skills. And wow, your own tarot cards, amazing! Hot air balloons, that's an interesting interpretation for wands, makes more sense in a lot of ways since it is all about air.

I'm glad I am not the only one who enjoys TV, thank you for that. I agree, I am so happy teens are reading these stories. Anything that inspires people to pick up a book is a good thing.

Genie Sea said...

Suzie - TV lovers of the world unite! heh :) I love books too. Balance is everything :)

Sandy - Welcome to my blog! Thank you so much. Honored to meet you :)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Accepting compliments gracefully is a huge step. Well done! *Paula shakes her cheering virtual pom poms*

I need to work on the "keep writing every day" thing. Thanks for the inspiration to do so. :)

Kim Mailhot said...

Hi ! I found you through JennLui too - she is also relatively new to me but I am so very glad I found you both in Blogland ! There is a lot of positive stuff "floating" around here and I think the world needs so much more of that (my world in particular !)!
Love the idea of creating your own deck of Tarot cards ! I have just started revisiting mine after a few years away from them, but making them yourself is trul inspired. I also love the organic way you let the cards come to you as you make them ! Perfection !
(oh, oh, some more "compliments" to accept graciously !;-))

I will definitely be back for more !
Cheers !

Tabitha said...

Good Morning!
Once again, I've been blessed with your energetic spirit. It is so peaceful to read your words daily!

WTG on a job well done at work!

You Rock!

jennlui said...

ooohhh YIPEEEE!!!! i am so very happy to hear that you'll continue with your tarot deck creating!!! i am absolutely in love love love with your images and your interpretations are so precise in my heart. thank you thank you thank you!!! you're idea of creating your own deck is a really fabulous one, one that i might have to borrow!!! but seriously, perhaps it would interest you to print your cards once you've completed the deck and sell it... i would totally purchase this!

it really fantastic that you have gained so much through the soul coaching group, the whole group seemed so amazing. i have joined jamie's next session and i am so very excited to start this new journey!!!

so happy to hear things at work are turning for the better, it's fabulous that your coworkers are appreciating your efforts and energy, that's always encouraging.

have a beautiful tuesday and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful words. they mean alot.

peace and love

Caroline said...

So wonderful! I feel much the same after the SC journey...calm. It's kind of odd or me, since I can be very reactionary. I am really enjoying the peace I am feeling. Love the balloon...your creations are so inspiring. Can't wait to see what you create tomorrow :)

peppylady (Dora) said...

I have Tarot deck and I'll do the cards every so often.
But also I take in consider of other spiritual path.
One of my friend who knew someone who made there own tarot deck.

I think it best for each of one does Tarot have there own style.

So glad to hear that one recognized you and wonderful person you are.

Coffee is on.

Her Speak said...

Ace of Balloons--love it love it! I never would have thought of that! I agree--my spirit doesn't respond to violet imagery. (I used to have an athame for ritual work, but ditched it because I felt stupid and uncomfortable even holding it.) I can't tell you how excited I am that you're going to continue with the deck! It's a big project, but if anyone can tackle it it's you! A beautiful work of the soul. It is going to be absolutely radiant when it is finished. :)

Many Blissings~*

Pen said...

i've always been drawn to the tarot aesthetically and your imagery blows me away! and i LOVE the use of a hot air balloon instead of swords! so glad you'll be posting more ~ this is fast becoming a daily joy xx

Tori said...

You are amazing! Enjoy the compliments, they're true! I've been learning how to just accept a compliment. Usually I end up arguing with the person and saying "No, that's not true."

Soul Coaching was a wonderful experience. I agree that the changes it made in my life were largely due to the group. =) <3

todayandeveryday said...

I use to poo poo compliments when I got them, too until one day I complimented someone and they reacted as I did and it kind of hurt me. From then on I realized that a compliment is a gift. To not accept it is like saying, "oh, I don't want that". So now I say thank you and really mean it.

I love that you are making a personal Tarot deck. That is just wonderful. You are very buoyant and I love being uplifted by you!
Peace
~Dawn

Judi said...

I know what you mean about comments on your blog - it makes you feel real.

Accepting a compliment is sometimes difficult - but now I think that it is because of shadow self and we dealt shadow self a lesson!

I like your new tarot symbols - they have more meaning - the traditional symbols applied to the age that they were created in.

I'm glad that the people at work have decided to tell you how great you are ....

And WOW! writing for an education series .... that's awesome.

Genie Sea said...

Thank you Paula! :)LOL@pompoms Whoo! :)

Thank you Kim! :)Welcome to my blog! Very nice to meet you and thank you for challenging my ability to accept compliments! Hehe! :)

Thank you Tabby! :) You rock more! :)

Thank you Jennlui! :) It will be awesome that you can join us in the next leg of our journey :)

Thank you Caroline :) I felt so peaceful today I just woke up from a 3 hour nap! You think I will be able to sleep through the night? I'm thinking yes! LOL!

Thank you Peppylady! :) Yum coffee! :)

Thank you Molly! :) It is exciting working on the deck. Its a daily meditation in itself :)

Thank you pen! :)I'm so glad you come and visit my humble blog :)

Thank you Tori! :) I'm so glad that even though SC is over, many of us are keeping contact :)

Thank you Dawn! :) I never thought about the way it would affect someone when I couldn't accept their compliment. Thank you for the perspective :)

Thank you Judi! :) There are so many types of Tarot decks out there. I want mine to be more inspirational than divinational :)

danette said...

You my friend, are on fire.

A beautiful, unstoppable, fire.