Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-14

Profusion

The Hierophant has transmuted to the High Priest in my deck. In my vision, the High Priest does not represent authority, or restraining tradition. He represents the teacher, the healer, the spirit guide. He holds the wisdom of the earth, the profuse tools that provide stability, safety, and guidance. He is welcoming in his embrace, and loving in his advice. He does not judge. He helps the seeker to find her own answers, knowing that she is valued, no matter what.

I woke up early again - 3 am. I worked on this Tarot, read a little bit, had some quiet visualization time, and went back to sleep.


My dreams were filled with my anxieties. I don't remember all of them, but I woke up depleted. Like I traveled many worlds in my sleep.

In this state, I was not ready for the email that was lying in wait. It's tone was slightly hostile and dismissive. My energy went down, and fast.

In the past, this would have ruined my mood all day, having set the tone.

I am different now. Having gone through the Soul Coaching experience with all its amazing participants, I gained some valuable tools.

Instead of allowing this negative energy to spiral me into its grasp, I asked myself a question. "Is this email reflecting where you are at this moment or where the sender is?" The answer was simple.

It was the sender's energy that was spreading gloom over the worldwide web, trying to affect me, consciously or not. That is not something in my control. What is my choice however, is how I allow it to affect me. I could take that energy and allow it to resonate with me, feeding my shadow self who lies dormant and waiting to pounce; or I could let it disperse, unwanted, and unneeded. I adopted a neutral tone in response to the email, and deleted the original. It's not going to sit in my inbox waiting to be read again.

As for my dreams, I know they were just a way for me to work out things that have been bothering me. I went through the ones I remembered, one by one, and asked the same question, over and over. "Why are you worried about this?" Then I would wait for the answer. Every single answer revealed itself simply. With this process, each and every one of my worries dispelled.

AH! Thank you High Priest. :)

Now onto happier things. Beverly gave me the Tree of Happiness Award! (see left sidebar) A lovely honor! Thank you :) If you haven't visited her blog, take some time to do so! It's full of magickal stories. You could even share them with your little ones. :)

Zie Rules:

• Link to the person who gave the award to you. (check - see above)
• Post the rules on your blog. (check)
• List six things that make you happy. (following)
• Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (check)
• Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog (check)
• Let the person who awarded you know when your entry is up. (check)

Six things that make me happy: (The hard thing is picking six. They are not in order or importance)

  • Spending time with my goddaughter and her mom
  • Spending time with my friends (on and offline)
  • Playing with Stinky
  • Writing
  • Art
  • Small lights on dark nights

Now to bestow the Tree of Happiness. (Another difficult task as everyone on my blog roll is an amazing person who brings me wisdom and smiles, inspiration and laughter, enlightenment and joy.)

1- Dia whose lovely harp brings joy into the world, as do her words into our souls. :)

2- Ellie whose incredible strength and attitude are a true inspiration for anyone who visits her blog. :)

3- Linda who is the epitome of wonderful, brave, and determined. Her talent is stunning. :)

4- Marilyn who is ever-growing, ever-illuminating, ever-caring. :)

5- Tammie Lee who will get your creative juices flowing, your mind working, and your heart pumping.

6- Paula whose blog gives me joy every time a visit it. I always read her posts with a smile on my face, and she is warmer and sweeter than hot chocolate. :)

Phew!

Blessed be :)

13 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

This post had so many things that made me "hmm" in acknowledgement and understanding, Genie. I have felt for a long time that I am like a big antenna for the negative vibes of certain people in my life and sometimes, just the negative scary things in the world in general. The problem has been protecting myself from the negative stuff and not allowing it to become part of my own experience. I still miss this on many occasions, but just acknowledging that I am like this, that awareness, has helped me a great deal. It helps me recognize what is happening more quickly and find that "neutral" zone of self-protect. Neutralize those bad guys !!! They aren't going to suck me in !!!

At least this works some of the time, which is all I can ask for for now, I guess !
Good for you for using Hierophant energy to help you find the answers to protect yourself.

Congrats on the award - it is a sweet one !

Tabitha said...

I truly admire your strength. I love that i/we are able to stop negativity in his tracks and send him running. He may try his best to get to us, but we are divinely protected.

Warm Hugs!

June said...

Hi, I love to come and read your blog. All of the tarot and the other things are really interesting and great to learn about. Thanks Genie for sharing. thanks also for your kind response to my blog at darkside too :)
I am glad you let the negative energy disperse out there as it can be like a vampire feeding off you and leaving you exhausted and weak.
You go girl !!
Hugs June x

Tori said...

This post made me think to what I was like a year ago. If my morning started off bad, my whole day seemed like that. So many things have helped me change that, Soul Coaching was one of them.

Your High Priest card looks amazing. I was looking at tarot decks the other day, and realized that it's time I got one. I'm waiting for yours. =)

Kavindra said...

I love that you feel soul coaching has so reoriented you. I am amazed at your turning things around to the positive so consistently and resolutely - and example to follow for sure.

You are rocking the awards too! Way to go goddess woman.

Happy lists - I love them, never can get enough of those.

Breedale said...

Good for you! I am glad to see you putting those lessons to work. It is hard sometimes and our emotions can get the best of us. You show your strength and grace by pushing it all aside and rising above it. Congrats on the award too! You deserve every blog award out there because every day you take the time to pass on kind words and wisdom to not just one or two bloggers but lots. Everytime I visit a particularly good blog, I go to leave a comment and there you are. It always makes me happy to read what you write to me and others. You are a very caring and supportive blog friend and I just hope you know how much joy you bring everyday even if everyone doesn't get the chance to say it. I admire your ability to create wonderful images to share with us and I respect all that you go through on a daily basis. You are a true gem Genie and I just thought you should know! Thanks for always being there. I wish I lived in closer; I would take you out for a margarita celebration to celebrate your awesomeness!

Genie Sea said...

I have a lump in my throat reading your comments. How did I become so blessed? Thank you all! HUGS! :)

Tammie Lee said...

Ms. Genie Sea~

This was a full post indeed. I love the way you pause to look at the reality of what is going on in an email or in your dreams, finding your truth rather than getting lost in the emotions. Wonderful inspiration!

Your cards are each an amazing piece of art, full of spirit. what a wonderful deck you are creating.

Thank you for the Tree of Happiness Award. This is very kind of you. I will have fun visiting all the other bloggers you have shared with us, treasures each and every one I am sure, just like you!

Kris said...

Wow, Genie, I have *got* to really jump in and start doing Linn's Soul Coaching. It has been sitting on my table for about a month ... and you have inspired me to really just start it and commit. Once again, precious Genie, you are a inspiration of courage and delight! Live on, in your glow, dear woman!

With Love,
Kristen

linda said...

lovely genie, I wanted to thank you, if a bit late and I apologize for that, for the Tree of Happiness award...what a wonderful award it is and I am deeply grateful to you for thinking of me....I will post my "happiness" list as soon as possible and pass it forward to a few deserving bloggers, although they all deserve an award in my eyes...these awards can be difficult because of that but I will do my best! :) thank you, dear genie...and loving energy for your kind and supportive comments on my blog as well...I treasure every one.

creativehealinggoddess said...

Thank you my friend for you kind words ..

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Thanks for the award!
Making a list of happy things is a way to feel happy too. I went through a couple of years worth of digi pics to choose what made me tick, by the end of the search I was beaming.

Thanks again. As you already know my list is here:
http://keepitsimplemakeitgreat.blogspot.com/2008/12/advent-aclendar-day-16-good-manners-and.html

Serena said...

Genie, I feel so blessed to have met you via the Soul Coaching group. How wonderful that the 'soul' journey helped you to recognise the negativity of others as just that...their negativity and not something you need to take on board. I must admit that Eckhart Tolle's books The Power of Now and A New Earth opened up this concept to me first but I did find that the Soul Coaching journey emphasised it all the more for me. It certainly was an amazing month.

I love your High Priest card and your interpretation of it! You are so talented ~ :)

Congratulations on such a lovely award too....well deserved ~

love, light and peace,
serena