Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-28

Bits and Pieces

As I slowly awaken from the holiday haze, I am marshaling my resources, focusing my energies to make my New Year's ceremony exactly right. I need to pick the word that best epitomizes what I want to achieve and manifest in 2009. I will be turning 40 in three weeks, so I have to make it count :)

I know what I most want is a fuller life.
  • Art abundant. I want to see all the visions and projects that currently reside in my head, out in the world.
  • Finances beefed up. I need money to make the changes to my house and to travel more. Ideally, by selling my creations. :)
  • Love rich. I want to share my life with the man for me, surrounded by family and friends. I want my home to be teaming with people occasionally. (Not all the time, because I savour my peace and quiet.)
  • Health restored. I want to reach my healthy body weight and to be freed from the excess that has resided on me for far too long.

These are the things I wish to manifest in the New Year. I welcome suggestions of a word that encapsulates all of them.

Today, I have included my design for the Seven Cups. Traditionally, it is depicted as a man standing before many cups brimming with both good and bad things. It's about excess. What better way to depict excess than a posh store window in gilded colors? I added the Lamborghini busting out of the building for effect. This card technically does not have any cups, but the meaning is the same. :)

Now on to Awards! Weee!

June was sweet enough to award me with a very elegant award! I discovered June recently and she has a few amazing blogs, all very interesting and thought-provoking. I especially love her art challenges here! Thank you June!




I have to write the five things I am addicted to: Oy!

1- dark chocolate preferably with nuts and toffee or orange pieces
2- blogging: I simply must. Reading people's blogs is a constant source of inspiration, positivity, humanity, creativity.
3- Corrie Street - I have written about this at length. It's one TV program I simply will not do without and have never been disillusioned with
4-coffee: Been there, said that :)
5-clementines: I love these little juicy bundles of goodness.

Damn. I don't' have time to talk about my shoe and bead addictions... Okay. Another time :)

I will be passing the award along at a later date. But if you love it, then it's yours! Everyone who visits and who I visit is FABULOUS! :)

Robyn was sweet enough to bestow on me the Proximity Award for a second time! How lucky and honored am I? :) For a unique perspective, words of wisdom, and humorous truth, visit Robyn's blog. And before December is over, don't forget to find your way into the Enchanted Portal and the bird's wing!



To add to the blessings and honors being showered on me (HOW did I get this lucky?) Frustrated Artist tagged me with the five-a-day meme again! :) Visit her blog for heartfelt and insightful observations on life! :)

Blessed be my friends. You all hold such a special place in my heart. Visiting your blogs, reading your amazing comments brightens my life! :) Thank you :)

11 comments:

Rowena said...

My word for the year is ABUNDANCE.

I have decided it is The Year of the Business Women, as I step out into the world to create the life that I have been working towards for the last, oh 38 years. All right, let's make it 33, since I didn't start with art in earnest until I went to kindergarten.

No more hiding in plain sight for me, no more thinking I don't deserve to be paid for my work, no more feeling like I live in lack.

It'll be a busy year.

If you want to borrow ABUNDANCE you can, it sounds like it might fit your goals, too. It even fits with the weight loss goal, as in "you are already abundant, you have enough food, you are not denying yourself, but feeding yourself love and selfcare" or something along those lines.

Shades of Scorpio said...

I completely hear you on the art intention! Yes! I couldn't have said it better.

I know for me, I need less clutter and more patience. I know we probably all bring a lot of it on ourselves...too many interests, too many things I want to manifest and it becomes an unfocused mish mosh of things that most likely get done, but at the 11th hour.

And I'm obssessed with trying to figure out what on earth I am here to do. Besides be ruled by my pets & try to build a great Humanling. =)

Many well wishes on your intentions!!! I saw the list. I think you can do it.

Judi said...

I love the new look to your blog - it truly is you. Happy Birthday ahead of time ;)

Ask - Believe - Receive - it will be and you deserve it.

I think that Rowena has nailed it ABUNDANCE is the word.

Breedale said...

So much to respond to today! First, the thing I noticed right away was the awesome new page header! It really makes your page pop and it looks so happy and powerful. I love it.
Second, you have some great things to manifest this year and I know you will. I have a tip that my manifesting teacher taught me that may help. Try to say I have reached my healthy weight rather than I want to reach... because you will be manifesting the want and not the action. I was a bit skeptical at how one word could make a difference but it does. Also make sure you believe all of it! That is the most important part. You will do it this year and I can't wait to see your creations!
Third, Congrats on all of your blog awards. You absolutely deserve them and I am so glad you are receiving them in abundance. Good for you!

Tabitha said...

My word for the new year is Courage. There's something I've always wanted to do (inspirational speaking publicly), but I'd always talk myself out of it.

I know you'll find your word sweet Genie and I also know that what you desire will manifest itself.

Happy New Year!

linda said...

genie, you deserve all those awards!

I will think on ONE word as I am doing the same and am thinking of resorting to a thesaurus or my daughter, she's very good with them... ;)

The Muse said...

I hope your Christmas day was marvelous...and I continue to wish you a season of Merriment and Joy :)

Mmmm one word? ooo now, for a Muse, that is an extremely difficult task...

ok, I will chose Steadfast.

For if I am faithful, I shall accomplish those things to which I aspire.

Genie Sea said...

Thank you for the suggestion Rowena! :) Abundance is a word that I have been considering as well as magic and actualization. So many decisions! :)

Thank you Ms. Scorpio for lack of a name! :) Building a great humanling is one the most noble achievements of humanity :)

Thank you Judi! :) I decided it was time to change my blog header into something more "me". Abundance is definitely one of the contenders :)

Thank you for the advice Bree! :) I will certainly do everything in my power to be it and believe it. :) "Be gone shadow self!" I roar! :)

Oh Tabby! You would make an excellent inspirational speaker. Your blog and YOU are very inspiring. It makes sense to take the next step :)

Oh Muse! Steadfast is an awesome word! :) There is nothing more powerful than a steadfast Muse :)

Linda, may I borrow your thesaurus or your daughter? hehe :)

I am just beginning to blog on the new year, peppylady or Our Lady of Perpetual Coffee as I call you :) It's a long process for me. I need a few days to solidify it :)

Tori said...

It sounds like 2009 is going to be a good year for you! =) You'll find a way to make all those wishes for yourself come true.

Serena said...

May 2009 bring your dreams home to you, dear Genie, as you are so deserving....may it be a magical, prosperous, harmonious and abundant year for you.

Miss Robyn said...

yes, yes.. hurry quickly over to faery land.. it closes soon xo

but will re-open come your midsummer time xo

and you So deserve all awards, you truly do xoxo