Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-31

Out with the Old - In with the New

On this the last day of 2008, I find myself deep in thought. I will make this next year count. I will make every day, every moment count. I will be all that I can be, in every way.

But first I need to clear out some old garbage. I am going to put it all on a piece of paper and burn it away.
These are the things that need to go.

  • Allowing defeatism and negativity into my realm
  • Looking in the mirror and seeing only faults
  • Retreating into my own world
  • Letting my losses and pain define me
  • Self-criticism
  • Allowing others' perspective define my parameters
  • Isolation
  • Not following my instincts, my spirit guide's whispers
  • Feeling I am unworthy of happiness
  • Procrastination
  • Allowing people's judgement to affect the way I feel about myself
  • Accepting criticism without considering the source

Goodbye evil-doers. Be gone! And if you don't like it, I don't care. Shoo!



This is what I want to bring into my life in 2009.


Embrace Joyous Magic


I have been pondering and pondering about the word. Back and forth my head went with possibilities. Until I shut it out and listened to the voice whispering in my heart. Magic. Magic. Magic. Joy. Joy. Joy. Embrace. Embrace. Embrace. Whose rule is it to have only one word anyway? And why would I follow it? Three will do just fine. :)

So...

Step one: Listen to my voice
. It's authentic. It's not some demon possession. It's not a sign of insanity. It's MY voice that has been silenced for too long. I have finally allowed myself to vocalize my mind, now it's time to vocalize my heart. I shut it away for far too long for fear it might be damaged yet again. To hell with it. Death by atrophy is worse than death by fire. Speak my heart. Speak.

Step Two: Don't let those mofos get me down. No longer will I allow others' judgement of me (and there is plenty of judgement) affect the way I feel about myself. If you have ever felt different from the status quo you will know what I mean. Those looks up and down. The raised eyebrows. The expression on the face like a whole lemon was ingested from the wrong orifice. They can all stuff themselves. They can consume their own negativity and judgement. I don't own it and I don't want it. I am marvelous. Yes. I am. I am. (Okay, I will believe this soon :>)

Step Three: Follow my own freaking advice. Yep, little miss Got-All-the-Answers, that's me. Now, it's time to stop coaching and start playing. PLAYING! Having fun. Doing the things I want to do and stop with the can't, the later, the no-money, the tired crap.

Step Four: Embrace the Magic and Joy: You hear me? EMBRACE it! Don't question, dissect, deconstruct, defer. Embrace! Open those arms up and that heart up and let the magic and joy IN! It's been starving at my heart's doorstep for far too long. I would never treat any other guest in that abhorrent manner. Come in! Come in! :)

May 2009 bring you all health, wealth, opportunities, magic, and love. :)

You are all beautiful inside and out! :)

17 comments:

Judi said...

Great advice for all of us - I too am guilty of being a coach but ignoring my own advice.

I think that is why becoming the real you is so important to so many of us - we believed the "rules" made up by those who could not hear the songs of their own spirits.

Suzie Ridler said...

This is a gloriously rebellious and energy-filled post on your own self-empowerment! Kick those mofos to the curb, woohoo!

That's OK, cookie disasters happen. And baking isn't a positive experience for everyone. The important thing is you tried! :)

I hope I find inspiration to do art again. Right now there is nothing left in that well. Perhaps it'll rain soon and then I can get my fingers dirty again.

Tammie Lee said...

Sounds and feels as though you are entering into a wonderful year! I like your 3 words, I have two. May your year be fulllllll of dreams come true!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I LOVE YOU!!!

Yes, like that, in big letters and exclamation marks. :D

I smiled big at the "Whose rule is it?" paragraph. Mind you, you are absolutely right. One, three or a dozen. You lifted a big weight from my shoulders as I hadn´t noticed I was following yet another directive that was dragging me down, worried that I hadn´t chosen just one.

Wishing you the most joyful of magic years ever. Let it be the first of a long string of wonderful years. :)

Kris said...

Dear Genie,

Yep, *anything* you can language you CAN become! The "totality of possibilities" is truly yours. . . . go ahead, embrace it ALL in you :)

With Love,
Kristen

Her Speak said...

I'm doing a little dance for you right now! Electric post! You know what needs to be done--Go get 'em, Lady!!

May the New Year Bring you Much Love and Joy!

Many many Blissings!~*
Molly

Ali said...

I LOVE your post ~ what a great expression of your feelings and desires. I too need to follow my own advice!!

May 2009 be wonderful for you :-)

Julia said...

I love the reminder to follow your own advice! It's incredible, I still struggle with this, but always delight when I finally do follow my own advice. It's amazing how good we are at knowing what we need, if we would only listen!

Have a blessed New Years

Tori said...

This is good advice for anyone to follow! I hope 2009 is a great year for you. =)

Kavindra said...

Go get em Tigerwoman!

gemma said...

Fantastic!!!!I always get such insight from you!!! Just the way you worded some things are my thoughts exactly!
Love you!!!
Happy new year dear Genie sea!!!!

Shannan said...

Awesome release!!!!

If I was your neighbor, I would walk to your house, give you a hug and thank you for being and insightful, inspiring, like-minded being!

I am thankful to have found you here in the blogosphere!!!

Blessings for an abundant year!
Shannan

Jo said...

That could be me!!!!!!!
I will take your Coaching :-)
My list will be similar, although probably not as well put.
You go girl.
Blessings for the new year x

peppylady (Dora) said...

Well put.

Coffee is on.

Dia said...

GReat affirmations / releases!!
You asked about smudging (over on Robyn's blog) - basically, a purification method - usually using loose herbs (white sage, juniper, sweet grass, even lavender!) that you light & carry around a room. I use a big shell (ablone is one tradition) to keep any sparks from falling.
Often 'sharper' fragrances are used first, to discourage negative energies, followed by sweet (sweet grass, lavender)
There are also smudge 'sticks', a bundle of herbs wrapped with a thread. (often white sage or sage brush) This is a handy way to use them, & you can smudge a person by sweeping them with smoke, agin, with the intention of purification.

If someone is sensitive to fragrances or smoke, Reiki or prayers can be used to bless a room, walking around with the intention of clearing stale energy & bringing in fresh blessings.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Eileen W. said...

This is a great message--- and I am embracing joyous magic alongside you!! :D

Caroline said...

I love this! One can never have too much magic or joy! Happy New Year Genie! I am so glad to have found your blog in 2008...can't wait to see you really blossom in 2009!