Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-12-17

100th Post!

Woohooo! I made it to my 100th post! I never thought how much starting a blog would change my life, but it did.

It started as a solitary journey, a need to type out my thoughts and let them go into cyberspace. I had this growing desire to let my thoughts wander out of my head onto the web. Most of the time they went unread except by me, but it was alright. In the action was the reason. I wanted to put my voice out there.

There were months I published quite a few posts, and months when I hardly published anything at all.

Then through a series of fortunate events, I came upon Soul Coaching and decided to participate at the last minute. I didn't think I would have time to complete it, but I thought I would give it a try.

And I am glad I did. Going through the exercises taught me a lot about myself and has started me on a journey of awareness like I have not had before.

But more importantly, it allowed me to connect to a world of amazing people whose encouragement, advice, support and friendship have come to mean so much to me. My journey is no longer solitary. I reach out, and others reach back. I have become part of a community of souls that has filled my heart with hope.

Externally, my life has not changed that much. Yet. I live in the same home. I work at the same place. I deal with the same B.S. I am in a leadership position now, which has added to my stress exponentially.

All that is just the peel of the fruit. The juice and pulp have altered. I am transforming.

I have started and will complete my Tarot project which is the child of this journey. It was birthed through this process, and now has a voice of its own. Its own purpose and destiny.

I am identifying the things that fill me and the things that deplete me, and in so doing I am in the process of allocating them according importance and impact in my life.

I am aware of myself, and how I react to others. I am learning to stop blaming myself for others' decisions and actions. I am asserting myself more, not in an effort to control others, but in an effort to have integrity in what I believe in and who I am.

I was taught at a tender and early age to subjugate myself for others. That my feelings, my needs and my goals were not as important as anyone else's. That even in saying that they were, I was being selfish. This made me vulnerable. I was damaged, as person after person came into my life, took what he or she needed, and then left without a backward glance. Each time, I was left with a lower self-worth, half-broken. But I didn't break. I kept on. I tried to make others happy.

Now I know how sadly deluded I was. I cannot make anyone happy. I am not responsible for anyone else's happiness. That is not to say I can go around stomping on people and disregarding their feelings. It does mean however, that they cannot do that to me either.

I don't know if I am relaying how important this last realization is, but it's gigantic. It's liberating.

This is why I have chosen The Star for today's Tarot. It speaks of possibility. Of hope. Of being guided to a better today. This card is about the nourishment of dreaming. The integrity of vision. The belief that one's path is authentic and true. With this card, I am aware of my accomplishments, and of the road ahead. It is filled with light.

May the Star guide your steps to your soul's ease.

Blessed be :)

18 comments:

Breedale said...

Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you and the positive changes you have made. I can relate to being taught to put everyone else first and it is a long hard road back to yourself. I am so glad you were able to see the light and realize that it is not selfish to love oneself. You know I love reading your blog and am so glad we connected during our soul coaching journey. I don't believe in coincidences. I believe all of these wonderful people came into our lives because we needed them as much as they needed us. I am glad to know you are out there, learning the same lessons as me and striving to be better. You are awesome Genie! Thanks for posting 100 x's and I look forward to the next 100.

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Happy 100th! :)

Tori said...

Congrats! Your blog rocks, and I love reading it! You're a great person, and I am so happy we met thru Soul Coaching.

Kim Mailhot said...

Yay Genie !!! Congrats on 100 ! You definitely should take the time to celebrate all of your many accomplishments ! I admire how you have absorbed and assimilated what you have learned so well ! I think I have a lot to learn about really reveling in what I do instead of just rushing on to the next thing I think needs doing. Your words today accomplished another thing - making some one else think about their own path too ! All of this is so very worth celebrating !

I agree it is unbelievable, sometimes, what comes to be as a result of this community. It is hopeful and beautiful and makes you wonder at the beauty inside us. Some people don't get it and some even mock me for the time I invest in it, but they haven't felt what you and I have. The connection to other souls is vital and precious to me now that I have !
May the light of the Star continue to shine on all you do and all you are !

Tabitha said...

Congratulations Genie! The positivity you put out into this universe is deeply appreciated and needed.

*Big Hugs*

Her Speak said...

It's all in the Juice! I think a lot of women are in that position--they think for their life to be whole and polite that they must be "pleasers". It is SUCH a relief to let that stigma GO, like letting the cement drop out of your pockets and sprouting little wings.

Congratulations on your 100th Post!
Here's to 100 more! :)

Blissings~*
Molly

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hi I'm putting the calendar swap together could you please e-mail me at peppylady_60@yahoo.com so I can finish putting it together.

creativehealinggoddess said...

Congrats on you 100th post you are a star posting and supporting others, its nice to see comments on the blog so I welcome your posts.

Caroline said...

Congrats! This card is just beautiful! I love the star...you have many possibilities in your life just waiting to be discovered. I has been wonderful getting to know you in this strange blogger land! Here's to another 100!

linda said...

genie, what an absolutely inspiring as well as powerful post and congrats on your 100th post...I was going to mention mine and it was gone and 33 later before I realized it! ;)

I am thrilled you see your path so clearly ....you have so many years to go and you are starting in such a powerful point of viewpoint, it's fabulous to read your story....it inspires me!

blessings, dear heart....

Kavindra said...

Congratulations! You are really quite a blogging star yourself, and deservedly so because you are so generous with yourself here.

And way to go learning to stand up for yourself. It is sooooo hard and sooooo important!

Miss Robyn said...

you are a STAR in my life !! xo - you have given me so much encouragement and support since we have met and I absolutely adore your tarot cards... which brings me to this: any chance of sometime next year.. doing an online course how to make them? of course only if you have time.. xoxo

I love you Genie Sea xoxo and hope we stay in touch forever xo

Judi said...

That's a giant step - when you truly understand that you must honor yourself first and with honoring yourself, you in turn also honor others.

You are now a warrior.

Genie Sea said...

Thank you my sweet soul-angels. You have added a kaleidoscope of color and inspiration to my life. The world is smiling because of all of you. You are stars! :)

jennlui said...

YAY!!! YYIiippppeeeee!!! yay!!! congrats genie on your 100th post!!! i am so very happy that you did begin blogging 100 posts ago, because i got to connect with you and met such a radiant beautiful creative soul!!! you are luminous my friend!!! and your changing, shifting and moving towards such positive things is so beautiful!!! your realizations are illuminating and i am so happy that they are liberating you. yay genie!!! you are indeed luminous!!!

thank you for your sharing, for your love of life and things beautiful!!!

congratulations!!!
peace

danette said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! Your blog is full of beauty Genie. You have been coming alive like never before.

Good luck tomorrow! Your rap was freakin' genius. Genie-ous.

:)

Serena said...

Happy 100th post, Genie!! WHOO HOO! I can't wait to read the next 100...you ROCK!

I feel blessed to know you ~

love, light and peace,
serena

The Muse said...

please let me offer, although belated, my warmest congratulations...100..indeed a milestone !

i love to come here and see the undaunted spirit which you possess.