Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-01-29

List, Lust, Last

(click on image to enlarge)

This is another "mixed media" digital piece. I painted the background and the goddess. Then I went hunting for Egyptian brushes that are compatible with my PS dinosaur, but they were humongous so I had to do a lot of recrafting. I am beginning to miss Paint Shop Pro (Corel). It was so much more versatile. I can't for the life of me figure out how to make my own brushes on PS! Anyway, I added a collage piece (the necklace). Et voila! Egyptian goddess. You might notice I have been using blue and yellow combinations a lot lately. These make me happy. :)

Yesterday, I was reminded that, really, all you need to do is ask. As many of you know, we got bombarded by the white stuff, AGAIN. The person that was doing our snow had told us (my neighbor and I) that he no longer had the time to do it. I sat here, working from home all day, and wondered what the hell I was going to do. I decided I would worry about it later. Then, shortly after dinner, someone knocked on my door. Two boys with shovels! One of them a student at the school. You can imagine my glee! Ten bucks later, and the snow was cleared. Thank you Universe! :)

This morning I woke up with a new sense of purpose, a list of goals and a lust for life! Almost ready made, these plans, really, were simmering in the noggin for a while.

I have been pondering what I want to do to maximize my home space. I need to position the living arrangements in order for every room in my house (not that many) to be used to its best capacity. At minimum cost. So here is my home to-do list. I am recording it for myself mostly.

This requires minimum spending: new track lights, energy efficient front door, square table (thrift/garage sale) and folding doors/curtain (thanks Molly!) to separate the front porch from the room for warmth.

This is the first floor plan now:

(click on image to enlarge)


This is after:

(click on image to enlarge)


The back of the house where the bedroom is now, faces my garden. Wouldn't it be so much better to look out into the garden when I am working or creating than a street? It also faces west, which has the most light. Tada! My super duper economical way of maximizing my space.

Oh. And I am sorry to say, that as much as I adore Mac, I am going to have to go with PC laptop because I simply cannot afford the 500 buck difference.

Tomorrow I will tackle the basement plans! This is fun! Brings me back to the time I wanted to be an architect, interior decorator.

And last, but not least, I am also making plans for my Tarot deck and book, and how to pay off my line of credit. My goal is to retire at 50. Yes, you heard it first here. 50! :)

17 comments:

intothedawn said...

Wow, that will be a lot of moving and rearranging! But it will be so worth it, your new arrangement looks really good. I agree, I'd want to look out over a garden area while I work, too. Once you get everything in place it will be like having a whole new home!

Suzie Ridler said...

Ten bucks is a steal! We paid $35 to have our snow removed. My poor husband is out there now shoveling snow topped with freezing rain. I'm so glad the universe took such good care of you!

I love your artistic creations. PS is not the easiest program sometimes, perhaps you need some kind of patch to make it work?

I understand why you're going with a PC, it makes financial sense. I hope it brings you much creative inspiration to keep on doing what you're doing!

Rowena said...

I love your rearrange. Great ideas and creative use of space. It looks like you will gain from this.

Tabitha said...

I love your new floor plans!
I'm so happy for you!

Kavindra said...

Love today's art. Blue and yellow combined is a fave of mine.

Rock that floor plan.

Retire at 50? Oh, don't let my husband hear that. We're shooting for early too, but we didn't quite make 50 :) You can do it tho! We have crazy, poor relatives :(

Her Speak said...

Oh excellent excellent!! Your new view is going to be wonderful! You MUST show us before and after pictures! Everyone loves a big reveal. hehe! :)

Much Love & Merry Making!~*
Molly

Caroline said...

Wow it looks like you gain a huge amount of space with that re-arrangement - great idea!

And good luck with the retiring early too.

Judi said...

Your new floor plans look great, looks to be a better energy flow too.

I'm betting that you'll retire into a busy whirlwind of creating - you're energy would be astounding without the anchor of a daily grind.

Serena said...

I am a devotee of Paintshop Pro! My son tried Photoshop, hated it and went back to Paintshop Pro. Photoshop does seem to be a popular graphics program but I just find that Paintshop Pro is more user friendly.

Your new floorplan looks FANTASTIC!! How wonderful it will be to create and look out over your garden. A pity we live so far away from each other because I'd be there in a flash to help you move all the furniture around.

Remember to take before and after pics ~ :)

Serena said...

Ooooops, I got so caught up in the excitement of your new floor plan that I forgot to compliment you on your Egyptian themed piece today...LOVE her necklace!!!

Tori said...

I love making decorating plans for houses. I used to plan out an imaginary house when I was little. It was the coolest thing ever! Some day I'm gonna have that wicked awesome house I created.

Two boys with shovels can do an amazing job at clearing snow. Only $10? That's a good deal.

Leah said...

woohoo! I love your floorplans! I used to make floor plans on graph paper as a kid to rearrange the furniture. so much fun.

Boho mom said...

Girl, I love this post!!
I am forever drawing out little maps and rearranging furniture.
I love love love what you've done here with your living space...you are so clever!
You've inspired me....I'm always looking for ways to maximize my tiny apartment that I share with my hatchling.
Out comes the graph paper, pencil & measuring tape again!

You are so cool!

We actually could tobaggon down our outside stairs right now...I just haven't kept up with the shovelling.....and MORE snow on the way - sheesh!

linda said...

your egyptian piece is lovely, I don't know how you do it!

and the floor plan? wow! that is going to make a huge change in how you use your space and for the better I would imagine, based on your drawing...I agree with the others who said we need before/after pics! definitely the garden view is far better for you.

lastly, I hope you can retire at 50...there's nothing wrong with having positive goals and with your energy, it wouldn't surprise me. ;)

last but definitely not least, thank you deeply for your very sweet comments on my blog...you have a heart of gold.

Genie Sea said...

intotheDawn - Yes! It will be like a brand new home without the stress! Hehe :)

Thank you Suzie! :) I am almost done with PS. I only got it because all the "real" graphic artists have it. Pshaw. Talk about peer pressure! I'm going to get my hands on Corel PSP! Here's hoping to no more snow! All together now! :)

Thank you Rowena! :) If nothing else, movement is always good :)

Thank you Tabby! :)

Thank you Lisa! :) These colors just make me all giddy! :0

Thank you Molly! :) I will take before and afters :)

Thank you Caroline! :)

Thank you Judi! :) Yes, better energy flow is a must! :) I;m also fen shuing the place :)

Thank you Serena! :) I am going back to PSP forthwith! :) It's a pity we live so far for more than just your help. Would love to sit down with a cuppa and chat :)

Thank you Tori! :) I know, right? The Universe is very sweet. ♥

Thank you Leah! :)

Thank you Boho! :) I figure if I can't have my dream home yet, I will make this space as dreamy as possible! You have inspired me with your thrifty ideas! :)

Thank you Linda! :) Before and afters will be coming! Hugs honey. I am here for you! :)

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I want one of those mornings when I "wake up with a new sense of purpose, a list of goals and a lust for life!" like you. :)

We did that rearrenging of rooms after living at our house for a while. You understand the flow of life better.

P.S: my verification word is "money". Wonder what the message is. Lol! :D

Genie Sea said...

Oh Paula - You so have the lust for life! Go look at your blog! LOL! :) May money shower on all of us like no tomorrow! :)