Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-02-02

Words Form Images

(click on image to enlarge)

Happy Imbolc!

The month of February brings the celebration of words in Leah's Creative Every Day Challenge.
The wordster in me is jumping for joy. :)


I have always swam in the wonderful realm of words. They open up worlds of imagination and through them I can invite others to explore the dusty paths, the secret valleys, the majestic forests, and the enchanted towers of my dreams. With words, I meander through the rain-soaked streets, and forbidden alleys, the nooks and rusted crevices of cities. People with mechanical eyes, or wings for feet reside there. They speak in musical notes, in fecund tones, in a myriad of registers.

Crafting words like a gleeful elf, molding the images in my head, and bringing them to life, has always brought me joy. Through words I speak with ghosts of my past, and the flesh of my future. I transverse vistas, and time, and possibility.

Words feed my soul, and speak for it.

Words lift my spirit and shape it's colors.

Words reach out, sometimes with tender fingers, sometimes with enraged fists and push their way into the world through the birth passage of my imagination. Their first sounds are heavenly.

Words are like my Diva's voice, raised high in the register, shattering glass and preconceptions, floating to the heavens on their separate and distinct notes, carrying the audience with them.

Words are like mighty streams, and meandering rivers, fathomless oceans and meditative lakes, that quench the thirst of my soul. My soul's voice. The voice that would otherwise be mute.

Words make me a fearless explorer, a powerful swami, an ageless wanderer of the spirit.

Words are my manna. They feed my hunger. My soul's need to break the silence of myth and rear it with love and unspeakable beauty.

Words wail my pain and that of others. Others who have not spoken, who cannot speak, find solace and power in words. Mightier than the sword, words outlast those who gave birth to them, and live like perenial seeds in those who ingest them. Words live forever, as long as there are eyes to read, and ears to hear. Words are eternal life.

And these words I offer to you.

Blessed be :)

p.s. If you feel like playing, look at the previous post and have fun creating your very own Box of Creative Goodies! :)

16 comments:

Tracy said...

Simply lovely!

Boho mom said...

And wow! - you certainly are a "word artist!"

I LOVE your painting of Brigid.
Blesses Imbolic.

Have a great day!

Jane said...

I'm a word junky too. I love to write them, read them, play with them and use them in my art collages. Happy monday!

originalbliss said...

You do have a way with words, my dear. Always delicious!
Shannan

intothedawn said...

Blessed Imbolc! I love your latest piece, its gorgeous!

You have a gift with words... you are a talented word artist...

Tabitha said...

WOW! Awesome!
Being a lover of words myself I deeply enjoyed this.

Serena said...

You are indeed a word artist, Genie! I wish I could be as imaginative and as eloquent with words as you are. :)

A lovely image today...I particularly love the background!

Tori said...

Blessed Imbolc! I've always thought the most inspiring things was to see an inspired person. You certainly are inspiring!

Kat said...

Wonderful post Genie! I don't talk that much, basically kind of quiet, but I am always thinking, dreaming, writing reading painting words words words all the time.

linda said...

genie, what lovely, descriptive, beautiful words...you are indeed a wordsmith of the highest order!

blessings for a week of sunshine...

creativehealinggoddess said...

Happy Imbolc ... to you Gene you articulate your self very well with words.

re snow we have a few more days wow...

LissaL said...

Your words just float off the page,like iridescent bubbles and I am enchanted.

Deb said...

And what a wonderful wordsmith you are!
Reading this post I could feel that your eye's were alight with passion for words, as if I had been talking to you in person - face to face!

Amazing! The fabulous image manages to back up the mental picture I have!

Genie Sea said...

Thank you each and every one of you! You inspire me and uplift me in more ways that I can say. I want to make an aria to sing to the heavens for each and every one of you.

I always include you in my gratitude for the day, because you are a blessing to me. I am blessed to know you. :)

Nydia said...

Genie, I always love reading you positive words full of kindness at my posts. Thank you for always being there, and sorry toi only now I could coime here to thank you!

Kisses from us.

Genie Sea said...

Hugs Nydia! You're welcome honey, and don't even fret about commenting. You have your hands more than full :)