Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-02-26

Hooky

(click to enlarge)

Today, I'm playing hooky! Shhh! Don't tell! :)

Mental health days are probably the best preventative medicine. Studies would show, if there are any, that productivity increases when employees take a day of rest at least once a month. Everyone needs time away to refresh, regenerate, destress. A day away from idiocy, is a great day indeed.

Speaking of idiocy...

Today, I ask for the power of affirmation, and I need your help. The Principals and their Vices found out on Monday what their placements for next year will be. I need a collective prayer to go out into the Universe, to release us from the tyranny and incompetence of this Administrative Team. I need the Power of Positive Thinking to bring to our school a compassionate, competent, creative Principal to fix the shambles of our morale. Someone who has a vision and balls. I know we can all do it. :) Will you send out a prayer, please? :)

Back to my hooky. :)

Today, I will be going up to Newmarket (an hour drive) with a friend to visit our other friend who has just had a cute little baby girl! I am excited! What a great way to spend the day off!

Yesterday, I went a little overboard in the spending but I don't regret it! I decided to create a basket of goodies for the mom, the baby and the big sister. I bought two cute little outfits (okay, seriously, they are CUTE!) and a pink plushy rabbit for Mia(the baby), pampering lotions, bath salts and chocolate for the mom, and a High School Musical make-up and hair kit for the older sister. I put them all together in a nice basket with pink ribbons, and cellophane. It was so much fun! I feel like Genie Claus :)

The best thing about playing hooky is that you're feeling well, and you are doing fun things while everyone is working. Isn't that delicious? When was the last time you played hooky? I highly recommend it.

I'm still in my pajamas, sipping my coffee and blogging when I should be at work! Fantastic! It doesn't take much to make me happy. Hehe.

And the good news continue. I have been looking for a Naturopath and/or Acupuncturist to help me with weight loss. I have ballooned despite the fact that I have been exercising and watching what I eat. I lost not even an ounce. So there is something definitely wrong. And I don't like doctors because all they do is throw medication at you, even before determining the issue.

Anyway, a friend of mine went to this amazing Naturopath and is highly recommending him. So I will be going probably on the weekend. I have a feeling this is it! Liberation is at hand!


The sun is shining. The temperatures are rising. And positive change is coming. Hallelujah!

I hope your day is as fantastic! Blessed be :)

19 comments:

Tracy said...

Enjoy your day, Genie! :)

Eileen W. said...

Happy hooky day, Genie!! I am curious to find out how the Naturopath helps you - please let us know... I might look in to one as well. :) The basket sounds wonderful!!!

Tabitha said...

Have An Exciting Hooky Day! I know you'll have great results with the Naturopath. Sending you TONS of Love.

thezeninyou said...

Enjoy your day off...such bliss in playing hooky! Come back to my blog tonight for a bit of Reiki healing---the perfect way to wrap up your day.

Sending prayers about the school situation too...

Rowena said...

May the powers of bureaucracy be on your (and the students') side.

linda said...

I'm so thrilled you are taking a much needed mental health day, genie! you deserve it...

and what a lovely surprise for the wee little family...all pink and fragrant with chocolate...yum

the natureopath/acupuncture route will help with the weight loss and that I am sure of and if not, there are gentle meds to help you curb your appetites(just for food ;) ...no worries, it's a wonderful idea...

last but never least, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued sweet comments and morale boosting! I need it and you are such a good cheer leader!

xoxo

Boho mom said...

Go Genie!! Too funny as I wrote about this kind of thing this morning.
I think you are so cool, cool, cool, to include the "big sister" in your gift basket! What a great idea - cause you know, as exciting as a new baby is, she's gonna feel a bit left out. Yay for you!

I encourage you to have a blast on your "mental-health day", and am sending out postitives messages of clarity and competence for your school situation.

Party on......

indigo goddess said...

sounds like a wonderful day! Good for you!! I cant wait to hear how your Naturopath visit goes... please share any helpful info you learn. I have had the identical battle w/ weight loss. Very frustrating. Happy Hooky Day!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Super!

~~~~cool admin waves~~~

Judi said...

I'm kind of late in the day - hope that your hooky day was glorious.

With all that pink and ribbons and gifts - sounds like a great girlie day visit.

Add my prayers that the Powers That Be are going to make the right decisions.

Her Speak said...

Oooh how naughty are you, Genie! ;) Happy Hooky!

I'm sending out big sparkly magenta waves of Positive Thinking towards the mess! Let's make change. :)

Much Joy, Many Blissings~*
Molly

wildheart said...

One prayer order for" vision and balls" coming right up! The angels will get right on it!

Let us know how it all turns out.

Hugs,
Chris

jess gonacha swift said...

oh yes, mental health days-- SUCH a necessary part of life! SOunds like you thoroughly enjoyed yours. :)

thank you so much for visiting Pecannoot, too! yay!

Gayle Dowell said...

mental health day....hmmmm....I like that. My whole life seems to be one big mental health day, I enjoy everything I do.

Sending prayers your way for school situation!

differenceayearmakes said...

mental health days are NECESSARY !

Genie Sea said...

Thank you all so much for your support and well-wishes! You are like a wonderful array of magical fairy godsisters! :)

Steve Emery said...

Good for you on the hooky. "Sick" days are for preventing getting sick...

Fatma said...

I love your basket!

I am sure your visit with the Naturopath will be enlightening. Natural Healing is really powerful. If you need more tips let me know. I am a Nutritional Consultant and help my clients with weight loss that takes care of the whole person not just the food.

Tori said...

Hooky is fun! My parents don't let us take a day off for 'mental health' like my frined Amy's mom. They have taken us out of school for other reasons, though. Enjoy your visit!