Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-02-19

Wishes Go and Never Fear to Tread

I might be a day late but I am not a wish short!

Our Amazing Weaver of Wishes Jamie prompts us with the question "Where do you wish to go?"

I got stars in my eyes when I read this. Oh how delicious! Where do I not wish to go? So many places to choose from. So many travels to embark on!

1. I wish to go to Barcelona and luxuriate in the wonder that is Gaudi. The magic realism that infuses his architecture absolutely takes my breath away. I want to grab a glass of full-bodied red, and gaze and gaze and gaze.



2. I wish to go to China and walk upon its Great Wall, marveling at what it took to erect it, wondering who walked there before and what dreams they had.




3. I wish to go to my beloved Tuscany, the place where my dreams lie. I want to stroll through its fields, filled with sunflowers, and finally live my dream.




4. And since, I will be in the neighborhood, I wish to visit Florence with all her classic beauty and the treasures she holds. I want to be in her seductive presence.



5. I wish to travel to Japan and walk among it's cherry blossoms and mountains, soaking up their ancient wisdom and beauty.



6. I wish to sail along the fjords, and let my soul soar among them, let my eyes travel down its curvaceous course.



7. Finally, but not lastly, I wish to go to the place of my roots, and travel on the path of my ancestors, breathe their air, love their land, smile their dreams.




This wishing puts me in a happy reverie. A flying dream that carries me on its wings, fulfilled. :)

May all your wishes come true. :)

20 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

“As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.”

Oh the places you'll go...;-)
Happy Travels, Beautiful Genie !

Jamie Ridler said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Your magical wishes swept me away this morning, inviting me to travel with you to these glorious places. Thank you! I'll look forward to reading about your around-the-world adventures :)

Tabitha said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Those places are simply magical!! I have no doubt you'll go to every place.♥

Beverly said...

Hey Genie, thanks so much for your beautiful post and inspiring me this morning to dream larger. There are so many places I would love to stand in. I do hope you get to where you want to go.

Allison said...

Oh this is so beautiful! I got a little teary...(not a typical Thursday--) What beautiful wishes.

LissaL said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful travel wishes , you might just open your suitcase and find me in it!

Dia said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so mote it be!
What lovely wishes - :) I"ve missed you, too . . . isn't time a strange & wonderous thing?? Just read Patricia McKilip's 'Alphabet of Thorn' . . . time wrinkles, . . .

**Hugs**

Her Speak said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish also!~*

Oh wow--this was like a miniature holiday! So many colors, textures and bottles of wine, so little time! :) Merry Wanderings!

Much Joy, Many Blissings~*
Molly

Tammie Lee said...

May all your wishes come true!

The piece of art you did in your last post is wonderful!

Sandra said...

Oh, my. You've have added a wish or two to my own list now... :)
May your wishes swoosh into your life and leave you breathless and light.

Archie and Melissa said...

hi genie
what an absolutely magical post!
xoxoxo
melissa

Deb said...

Ahhh Genie - all of those places & then some, is my wish for you.

But the last one - Egypt, now that is a place that I refuse to believe I am not meant to see. For some reason I have always been drawn to it more than any other.

Miss Robyn said...

aww what about coming to visit me down here in Australia ? I can show ya my garden. and give you cups of tea.

sometimes I wish to go home.. you know, like ET. :)

Serena said...

As Genie wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

What magnificent photos....makes me wish to go to all those places too ~ :)

Judi said...

As Genie wishes for herself,so I also wish.

It's a magic carpet ride - and I want to hear all about it.

Wendy said...

Oh I wish to go too! Such beautiful pics! I hope you get to go to all of those places.
So Mote It Be.

Tammy said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Amazing wishes and beautiful photos!

Genie Sea said...

Thank you all so much! Hugs! Blessings! You are all precious to me!

differenceayearmakes said...

And if you go to Barcelona you must take me with you! Gaudi, ah, you'll have to read my posts to know how I feel about Gaudi.

Although all of those other places are on my wish list too.

Jenn said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Those pictures are wonderful and tempting to my adventurous spirit! Been to Japan but missed the cherry blossoms. I guess I'll just have to go back and do it again sometime. Darn ;)