Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-10-02

Me

Thanks to Danette and by extension her friend Jamie for this idea, I have made a mosaic of pictures that represent me. They are based on the following questions!

1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you attend?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your Flickr name.

This was a very interesting and fun exercise! I really love the outcome, and without further ado, here is the pictorial me.



1. Genie in a Cloud, 2. bryani, 3. SacredHeart1, 4. The Chesil Beach at Portland - Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, 5. Clive Owen, 6. Martini Glass Macro, 7. Designed by shadow - Tuscany, 8. Chocolate is a Girl's Best Friend!, 9. the author looms above his page, 10. Love XOXO, 11. Fiery, 12. Gates of Babylon


Genie in a Cloud - How exciting to find my name encapsulated in the luscious curve of a cloud. My fascination with clouds has been lifelong, so how fortuitous is it that I found this picture? :)

Bryani - Yum! My love of the Indian cuisine started early in life for me, as I lived in Bangladesh between the ages of 2-4. Talk about nature versus nurture! I was imprinted early in life by that wonderful culture of rich color, beauteous spice, and a rhythm that embodies the zest for living.

The Sacred Heart - My Alma Mater! There were good times and bad times, but nothing spells adolescence more than sneaking into the cloistered section at lunch time and not getting caught!

Blue on blue - This is probably the most universally picked color. It makes sense because blue is the sea- unending, nurturing, and mysterious. Blue is the air - the essence of life and freedom.

Clive Owen - Ah! A girl can wish. He makes my heart go "boom" whenever I see him. I am not one for the "celebrity crush" but he smokes my fire! ♥

The Martini - There is nothing like a good old-fashioned martini, with Blue Sapphire gin and olives, but I will never say no to a chocolate martini, or an espresso martini, or any martini really. Lush much?

Tuscany - It enthralls me. It's my nirvana. This picture not only epitomizes my desire to visit Tuscany one day, it revisits my love of architecture, and sunsets!

Chocolate - Really. Need I say more? :)

An author - I am a writer realized. I want to be a writer published, a writer known! I breathe through my fingers, and I want to share my breath with others.

Love - What is life without it? A mere shadow of itself.

Fiery - A flower blooms. A sunset flares. A smile beams. I am full.

The Gates of Babylon - This says it all!

3 comments:

Genie Sea said...

This post is not only exciting to me because I have a visual of my insides, but it represents two accomplishments.

1- I finally figured out HTML links!
2- This is the first visual I have added to my post and I'm liking it! It's time I took out my trusty camera, and start taking pictures!

danette said...

Beautiful Genie!

I know, I was also quite proud of the technical accomplishment of that activity as well:)

I'm loving your blog.

You are inspiring me.

Genie Sea said...

Thank you Danette! Your encouragement is like manna!

The funny thing about the technical aspect of this activity was that seemingly all we had to do was copy and paste the HTML onto the post. But no. It didn't work at first, until I figured out the glitch in the HTML and fixed it! Whoop whoop!