Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-10-19

Gym as Temple

Today, I changed my Sunday morning routine for the better. I added a new component that has infused my lazy tradition with energy.

I went to the gym first thing this morning! I had the opportunity to carefully tackle the machines and weights I can't during the week because of time constrictions; but more importantly it vitalized my day and gave me some quiet time to reflect on the bounties that the Universe has been kind enough to bestow me. This is a spiritual habit I will be happy to espouse!

I rewarded myself with a large Tim Horton's coffee and a breakfast sandwich. Yes, I am fully familiar with the nutritional statistics, but Sunday brunch has always been in my tradition, now boosted with an hour and 15 minutes of cardio and weights. I savoured my lovely meal and delicious coffee while watching Corrie Street, guilt free! :)

Ah, the sun is shining and it will be another glorious autumn day! Life is good!

No comments: