Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-10-24

Challenging but Positive! Week 4

This week was a challenging one, but I will not lose track of my newly formed practice of celebrating the good things.

  • I held a meeting after school with the Grade 9 teachers for information and support. I treated them all to coffee and muffins. They were all appreciative and we all came out of that meeting with great ideas and plans. It was a success!
  • I was able to correctly identify what was bothering me, and let it all come out uncensored so that I may deal with it.
  • I was asked to do a seminar on blogging in the classroom for the school.
  • I was able to take care of a friend when she was not feeling too well.
  • I made an exciting lesson plan about archetypes and Tarot cards using Power Point. The students loved it!
  • I finally got a landscaper to clean out my front garden and car port. The front is a clean slate to work on in the spring!
  • I went on an awesome field trip with the Grade 9s to a performance of Elizabethan music as it relates to Shakespeare. It was very informative. The hurdy gurdy was fascinating!

2 comments:

danette said...

Genie! What changes! It is so beautiful to see you light up, and to see that expressed in your blog (and not just with the colour, but wow, what an impact!)

I do hope this weekend you know my heart is with you. I would love to have you and all your energy here on the dance floor tomorrow night.

As always, I admire your dedication to these choices you are making.

Thank you for posting!

Genie Sea said...

Thank you Danette!

I would like nothing more than to be spending tomorrow night with you all wonderful people, but my heart won't be in it, and that would be really scary! :)