Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-10-06

Taking the Garbage out.

I had a complicated and magical dream last night. I don't remember it all, because it happened in the dead of night, and I only remember this part of it because I woke up to attend to nature.

There was a swarm of flying insects besieging us ( I do not remember who was there, but there were a few people). These insects were like bees, very colorful, but unlike bees very mischievous with many orange eyes. I started twirling until I became a whirlwind which dislodged all the insects and cast them into space. The most interesting thing about this was the feeling I had as I was whirling. It was exhilarating! I twirled and twirled defying gravity, physics and biology. Weee!

On a mundane level this could refer to the events of the previous post. The initiave of ridding the office of the pesky and the unnecessary. If I'm going to be symbolized by an object, I would rather it be a whirldwind than a steamroller.

On the phychological level this could refer to the feeling of empowerment, as I free myself from the emotional baggage that has been bogging me down, and rid myself of it once and for all.

On the metaphysical level this could refer to my soul freeing itself from the mundane and the emotional and experiencing its true boundless nature.

On any level, I love the meaning of this dream. It epitomizes my metamorphosis as it is happening. I am conscious of it though there are a lot of subconscious forces at work. I am liberating myself from the subconscious negatives that beseiged me for so many years. I am becoming my true self, without apologies or explanations.

The subconscious is a garbage recepticle of our psyche. All the hurts, negative reinforcement, traumatic events are dumped in there over the years. If it is not cleared regularly, it starts to fester and stink, overpowering the clean parts with its stench. It's about time I emptied it, and I am feeling the better, freer, and lighter for it.

What a way to begin the week! :)

2 comments:

danette said...

Genie you are a whirlwind!

And such an inspiration to me.

Genie Sea said...

Danette, the inspiration is mutual! :)