Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-05-01

Elusive Sleep

Three nights in a row I have not gotten decent sleep. If it's not one thing, it's another. This morning (3 am) I woke up with a headache! What the hell? How is it that the beginnings of a migraine just crop up in someone's sleep? Stressful dreams? It's time to get back to meditation methinks, or maybe I can find an all-night gym. That would kill two birds with one stone. Shed extra weight, and work myself out into exhaustion.

Work is one big stressball. If it's not management being vindictive, it's colleagues being dismissive. Everyone wants to leave this sinking ship, but no one wants to solve this untenable situation. The problem is, there are no guarantees that it's better anywhere else, but you can't know until you go.

I try to remain positive but it's getting harder and harder, and I'm thinking there is no place in society for someone like me. I believe that 70% of the problems in a work environment can be solved by organization and a vision. I cannot work in a place devoid of a vision, managed by people whose sole raison d'etre is damage control. And the damage keeps accruing.

Then I wonder where my headaches and acid reflux come from...

Ok. Time for my morning walk, and caffeine...

No comments: