Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-05-16

Quiet

(click to enlarge)

This morning, as I listen to the rain hitting my rooftop, I let myself wander through the soft spaces in my life. I sip my coffee, and let the taste linger. As the day stretches before me, left purposefully blank, without appointments or commitments, I let time breathe - gently and unhurried.

I woke up early this morning, knowing this day would have a different pace. It would build into a different snapshot of my life. Away from the madness of it all. I glory in the feeling that I can do as I please. Paint. Doodle. Write. Jump back under the covers and read my book. Away from "must" and "should". Away from "what if" and "could". Open to possibilities. Fluid in freedom.

My days are usually marked by sharp edges, and discordant sounds. I feel the intentions and the needs of others poking me in the ribs, the mind, the heart. Demanding attention. Demanding satisfaction. Demanding. My days are filled with noise and talking, talking, talking. Talking at me.

Some people have the overwhelming need to spill out everything from their mouths. Their every communication is a need for therapy.

Today, I hang my "Off Duty" sign. And, in silence, I let my fingers and hands do my talking.

I painted the above in PS as a gentle reminder to let the softness in me have its time. The colors are not as saturated as my usual style. The composition is not as busy. A woman walking barefoot in the gentle field as she spreads flower petals from her hands. I entitled it "sow" as a tribute to the adage.

Today I wish to reap gentleness, an unhurried sampling of life. Reveling in the moments that reveal their true self. I wish to savor these quiet moments, and let them blow in the gentle breeze, marking my footsteps.

Not marking time. But making it. :)

Blessed be :)

24 comments:

indigo goddess said...

your PS painting is gorgeous!!! Enjoy your weekend!
xoxo

Kavindra said...

The painting is lovely, and the writing is inspiring me to take a quiet gentle path today. Thank you.

Tabitha said...

Oh Genie, may your wish be just what you ask dear friend. The painting is lovely. I intend to have a very soft and gentle weekend as well. Your words are so very uplifting.


Namaste*

Her Speak said...

You have described it perfectly: others demanding satisfaction, talking AT me...

My heart is BIG for you today! Be gentle with you, Miss Genie. Enjoy your coffee. :)

I missed you!
(((Blog Hugs and Gentle Breezes)))
Much Joy,
Molly

Tracy said...

A beautiful post, Genie! May your day be filled with the things that make your heart sing. :)

rosebud101 said...

I wish you the blessings of quiet all day! Enjoy and breathe!

greekwitch said...

What a great post! Inspiring! Vivid! Almost forcing me to close my office and just go outside! Well maybe tomorrow i ll succed and follow you in a path of search for serenity! Your painting is amazing! Be blessed*

Beverley Baird said...

What a lovely post and painting. To "sow", to have quiet and peace. Wishing you well for a peaceful, joyous day/weekend.

The Muse said...

"Fluid in Freedom"
oh Genie, I have that stuck in my head and words are swirling all about that phrase....!!!!
I do ever so hope that your weekend exceeds your greatest expectations!

Jo said...

Lovely peaceful post, enjoy your day :-)

Kim Mailhot said...

This is so lovely, Genie ! It reminds me of a walking meditation my teacher taught us in my class last week. We did it inside but I could just imagine the delight and relaxation that would come from doing it in a field like you have made here...heavenly moments !

How wonderful that you have made time just for you - precious, isn't it ?
Enjoy the quiet path...

differenceayearmakes said...

Enjoy your luxurious day of time - time to spend however you want.

Sorrow said...

It reads like a deep inner urge, and I sincerely hope you found peace today on the path.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Isn't a quite morning with a cup of coffee a true blessing.
I had a morning of silent and enjoyed it.

Coffee is on.

Serena said...

A beautiful, soft painting, Genie....and, as always, beautiful and inspiring words to go along with it. I hope you enjoy your weekend ~ :)

Tori said...

Beautiful post, and lovely painting! Enjoy your queit time. =)

sparkzspot said...

Hi Friend.. Interesting post.. Keep up the good work.. Will drop by your blog often.. Do find time to visit my blog.. Keep in touch.. Take care.. Cheers mate!

The Muse said...

Saddle up...LOL...a little patootie may well need to feel a bit of UMPH...

Oooops wait, that would go against our search for gentleness and quiet moments....

DARN! :) LOL

Thanks for those words Dear Genie! :) LOL

Paula said...

The beauty of tranquility. Glad you had some time to yourself.

Beverley Baird said...

Hi again

I have tagged you!

http://bunnysgirl.blogspot.com/2009/05/tagged.html

Steve Emery said...

I love the composition in this - the way you placed her in the image. And, as with many of your paintings, I can sense the wind in her dress, and in her hair. I think the background works really well with her, too - color choices, textures...

I hope your whole Saturday was as good as this start.

Pen said...

days like these are sacred.
and you capture the essence well:
in your words and your painting :)

Genie Sea said...

Thank you so much! Your words are like clear drops of water on parched soil. I feel the flowers blooming inside me as I read your words.

You are all such beautiful people, and I am so very thankful that my steps have brought me here. Knowing you has made my life richer.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Here is a piece of my heart for each and every one of you :)

linda said...

this is a beautiful painting and reminds me of spring! it's glorious today and I am loving every second...thanks for sharing it, I love the color!
xoxo