Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-05-06

Awards and Wishes


I thought it would be fun to show you one of the pieces I made back when I was in the graphic contest circuit. I had stumbled upon the world of 2D chat where I did extensive research on the chatting world, and myself became embroiled in high drama. People wore avatars of celebrities, manipulated and adorned graphically. That was my initiation into the world of graphic arts. From there, I became involved in the contest circuit, live (time limit) or posted on websites. I learned a lot, and became addicted to it. I no longer chat, but digital collage/painting has stayed as one of my passions. :)

My blog was most honored recently with two awards by three fantastic women.

Linda from Vulture Peak Muse gave me the Honest Scrap Award. Before I go on to reveal the 10 (!) honest things about myself, it behooves me to tell you some honest things about the amazing woman who bestowed me this award.

Linda is an artist with a very deep sensibility. Her watercolors evoke emotion and response and make you want to reach through the screen, through the canvas, to dive into them in total ecstasy. Her blog is buoyed by an unrelenting honesty, an authentic sincerity, that touches her readers to the very marrow of their being. Her photography is effusive with color and composition. I love to gaze at her photos of her grounds and the wonderful creatures that occupy them, not to mention the treasures from days-gone-by that fill her landscape. Her home is captivating, as well it should be. It houses one of the most unique and genuinely artistic talents of our time.


The rules of this award are:

1.You must brag about the award.
2.You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger.
3.You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. 4.Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog.
5.List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself.
Then pass it on with the instructions!

In a moment or two....

Before I talk about myself, honestly (for a change LOL!), I want to acknowledge the other two inspiring women who have awarded my blog with the Kreativ Blog Award!

Tabitha from Knitting Journeyman Redux which is one of her six blogs (I don't know how she does it!) is a relatively new blog acquaintance of mine. Her frank posts and her dedication to discovering self and the world around her is vastly evident. She plunges into every inquiry with a fiery honesty that is truly amazing to read!

Sema from AffirmArt is a very talented artist and textile designer whose mandalas are absolutely stunning. Her joy in living and search for spirituality are very evident on her blog that pops with color and grace. As I read through her posts, I often find myself nodding and smiling in glee.




This award requires that I write about 7 things that bring me joy, and pass it along to 7 bloggers.

How long is this post going to be? :) How about I split the difference?

7 Honest Things About Me That I Enjoy:

1. I am a master procrastinator. I do pretty much everything the last minute. In university, I wrote my essays hours before they were due, and got A's for my "trouble". The one time I preplanned an essay weeks in advance, I got a B. Kill that noise! :) I do this because I enjoy the danger of the deadline looming over my head. :)

2. I love games. Video games, board games, card games, online games, crosswords, Sudoku etc. The only thing I hate is mind games. If I have to, I can play mind games right back, and win. :)

3. I am not very domestic. I will clean and do chores because it's necessary, but Snow White I ain't. I don't sing a happy song when I am cleaning out the toilet bowl. I don't frolic through my garden as I wrestle with the weeds. But I do love the smell of a clean house and the view of a tended garden. I would have been happy to have a maid and a gardener. :)

3. I don't like to be told to do things. In fact, even if I have a propensity to do them, I won't if someone demands I do so. Especially if they do it rudely. You can call me stubborn. Others have. I have tried to change that about me, but in the long run, I like that I can't be bullied. :)

4. I have come to know car noises. I know when the tires are deflated, when the muffler is loose, when the alternator is about to kerplunk, when the brakes need pads. I can't fix any of those things, nor do I want to, but I am proud that I can go to a mechanic and say, "I think it's the..." and be right! :)

5. I like to play music very loudly in my car, unless there is another car next to me with loud music I like. You won't be surprised to know I bop around and sing in my car. Nothing like it! :)

6. I prefer an authentic melt-down to a fake euphoria. I do not respond well to fakers, and I tend to call them out. Drama Queens get no attention from me. I like people who are honest in their intention and emotions.

7. I root for the underdog. Always. No one puts baby in the corner around me. The horse with the most odds against her is the horse I pick. The team with the least chances is the team I want to win. I appreciate determination and I love to reward it.

I will be doing a separate post passing on these awards. This is long enough, and I believe those blogs need the honor of a separate post!

Today is Wednesday, and since our magical Wishtress Jamie Ridler is on much deserved vacation this month, she has graciously given me permission to step in and host the prompt for this week:


What do you wish to find on your doorstep?




Visit Jamie on her blog for a week of amazing guest bloggers on Balance! :)

18 comments:

marianne said...

i wish to find.....a wide world waiting to be discovered.....all i need to do is remember to open my mind....

marianne said...

and congrats on the awards! fun to read your list & get to know you better:)

Kavindra said...

Congrats on yet another award you fabulous diva you!

Thanks for stepping in for Jamie. I'll play along for sure.

Judi said...

Like Lisa & Marianne said - congrats on the award and I'm playing too!!

Kim Mailhot said...

Yay for Genie ! Well deserved kudos for you !

Love the things you wrote - get to know you that much better through the little things.
Happy Wednesday !

Sarah said...

Ooh I did one already - but thank you sooooo much I'll revise a little.....

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Hey-look-we bet on horses the same way!
Thank you SO MUCH for the kind words. :-) Glad my catharsis helps others. :-)

And thank you for stepping in for Jamie this week. Now I have to ponder the question of what to wish for...hmm.

Tabitha said...

I love the graphic at top! Congrats on your awards dear Genie! I had no idea you'd be doing the post this week. I did write a post on wishing.

Jane said...

Way to go on the awards, Genie!!! I loved your list of 7. I can relate to quite a few. These days, I'm so deep in thought that I'm driving for 20 minutes before I realize I never turned the radio on!!!

Holly said...

Well deserved in all cases! Brava! I love your eye. Okay, I already did my post for today, so I can't play with WishCrafting today...but that doesn't keep me from saying to you:

As Genie wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also!

Pamela said...

Congratulations on the awards, Genie! Very much deserved.

I am familiar with Tabita and Sema's blogs (wonderful both) but have not had the good fortune to come across Linda's. Guess where I'll be going next? :)

We seem to have several things in common: procrastinators, stubborn, root for the underdog, and not very domestic, to name a few.

I'll be posting my wishcasting post soon. Just hopped on briefly for now. It's telling that we all wanted to continue with wishcasting while Jamie is on her balance break. She's created something special here and I'm so glad you're a part of it and hosting it this week.

Oh, and I absolutely love the top graphic you created. POW! It's electrifying! ;)

linda said...

i wish to find a grandkid, preferably RIGHT NOW, the oldest!! or a convertible! ;)

genie, you are such a doll and i love you, do you know that? thank you for your kind words about my blog, myself and my art...it means the world to me when my art can touch another, no matter the medium... thank you deeply.

as for your honest things, I love your paintings and found it interesting to hear how it all started... about the car noises, i wouldn't know a flat tire if it hit me in the butt! not surprised you could ace just about anything...and playing music loud and bopping to it, guessed that one right off! ;) I used to do that but now, can't hear well out of my right ear and wonder if it was those years of driving with the volume cranked way up...oh well...have fun in life, right?!

I love these awards where we can get better acquainted so thank you for accepting and playing along so wonderfully.

blessings...
xo

Genie Sea said...

I added the wishcasting on impulse. I am glad Jamie gave me permission, and it filled a void that you were feeling, as I felt.

Marianne - Open road, open mind, open possibilities :) Thank you so much :)

Lisa - Thank you sweetie :) I think I'm addicted. I couldn't go a week without wishcasting, even though, technically, I didn't register my wish. :) My post was so long, I ran out of time :)

Judi - Thanks sweetie :)

Kim - Thanks hon! :) Happy Wednesday to you too :)

Tabitha - I didn't say anything that wasn't true :) I thought I would help Jamie out. I know she has oodles on her plate :)

Sarah - We were all feeling the need to continue Wishcasting :)

Tabby - Thanks honey :) I had no idea I would be doing it either. It was a spur of the moment. I;m glad Jamie gave me permission :)

Jane!- Love the new name. LOL :) Thank you hon! When I don't turn the radio on, I know my brain is too saturated :)

Holly - Thanks sweetie :) You can wish anytime :) I kept my wish private today. lol :)

Pamela - Thank you so much hon :) Looking forward to reading your post :) I felt the need for wishcasting, so I plunged in this week. Jamie was kind enough to let me.

Linda - Hugs! I meant every single word. There are so much more I can say, but I didn't want to write a book today :) I am partially deaf in my right ear, and have been since birth. :)

LissaL said...

I had no idea you were hosting this week, so I am a little late. I also left something on my fellow wishcasters' doorsteps. Love all of your 7! Congrats on your awards:)

Shell said...

I love the Pucker up picture. She is cute and cheeky.
Congrats on your awards! Very cool.

sema said...

Hi genie,
thanks for your beautiful mention about my blog above.
wishcasting has become a sweet addiction and I posted about it before I knew that you were hosting it this week.
may all your wishes come true
blessings for abundance
sema

myrope said...

Thanks Genie!

Tori said...

Congrats Genie!! You deserve the awards. I loved reading your 7 things.