Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-05-14

Jamie Ridler asks...

(click to enlarge)


The ever-amazing and inspiring Jamie Ridler has come up with some interesting questions for me to answer. Read her enlightening interview here! If you would like to be interviewed by me, I would love to design some questions for you! Here are the rules:

  • leave me a comment with your email address saying: “interview me”
  • I will e-mail you five questions of my choice
  • you can then answer the questions on your blog {with a link back to my blog}
  • you should also post these rules, along with an offer to interview anyone else who emails you, wanting to be interviewed
  • anyone who asks to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions to answer on their blog
  • it would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger

1. What were you like in public school?

I liked to write poetry and draw. Shocker there. :) LOL! My favorite time was recess and I was one of the last kids to straggle back inside. One time, we even got into HUGE trouble for lingering outside after the bell. I got the ruler to the hand quite a few times as I recall. :)

We loved to play make believe, and the unusual thing was that both girls and boys played. Our favorite scenario was "Superheroes" and I was almost always Wonder Woman, or Cat Woman. I had a crush on my teacher in grade 4. Oh my! I started early. :)

At home, my favorite pass time was reading and playing with my Mechano set. I'm afraid I mutilated all my Barbies. I cut their hair and dyed it pink and purple with my water colors. I was a young "punk"!

2. What song are you currently most likely to get caught singing along to?

That's a hard one. I love music. All kinds of music. I used to be an online DJ for three years so my collection is significant. I do find myself singing "Like a Virgin" on odd occasions from time to time, or "Skinny Marinky Dink". Yeah, I know. Weird :) A certain friend got me hooked on "Mother Lover" with Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg...*cough* Thanks Danette! :)

3. What's something you would do-over if you had a chance?

I would seriously not listen to my dad and go to Concordia and study Broadcast Media instead of going to McGill to study Literature and Psychology. My life would have taken a totally different direction.

4. On New Year's Eve 2010 what will you be celebrating?

Of course Jamie would include a wish-fulfillment question! That's why I love her :) I will be celebrating my new lucrative novel deal and my new relationship with a fabulous man. If you build it, they will come! :)

5. What's something you wish people knew about you?

Another difficult one. It's not like I am exactly mysterious. I am pretty transparent in my emotions and opinions. I wish people knew that despite my forcefulness, I am a softy at heart and would put my own needs aside for that of others. In fact, that is something I am trying to curb, as it hasn't been a very healthy practice for me. :)

Phew! That's it! Thanks Jamie! :) This was fun!

The wonderful Arty Em and I will be redoing the radio interview on blogtalk radio because the first one crashed and burned due to technical difficulties. If you are available this Monday at 9:30 am Eastern time, swing on by. You can check out the details here.

I am looking forward to interviewing those of you who wish it! :)

16 comments:

Kavindra said...

I love these because we get to know more and more about each other thru them!

We should've played barbies together - I was a budding hairstylist too.

Interview me, please!

Kavindra said...

I get so excited I forgot to give you my email!
lbeaulieu@yahoo.com
xo

Jamie said...

I just loved reading your answers, Genie. I'm so glad you took part. I see you've always been an independent spirit at heart - that must be why we get along so well :)

I'll be raising my champagne glass to your book deal and your love!

Tori said...

It's so cool to read more about you! You must have been an interesting kid to hang out with.

I still need to post my answers to the questions Jamie sent me. I should get to that today.

Tabitha said...

I loved your interview!! Jamie sent me questions, so my interview will be up tomorrow!

Sorrow said...

Okay, I think I am really Old.
The only song I recognized was "like a Virgin"
LOL
those were some wonderful insights!
Thank you for sharing

rebecca said...

Genie, my sweet! Oh, I'm so glad I finally got here. It's been awhile with my crazy schedule and now I plan to get caught up with you today, dear heart!

I loved this! Why is it that I do not find it one bit strange that you dyed your barbie dolls' hair pink and purple with watercolors? Not, one bit! And, Like A Virgin...my daughter at the age of six/seven used to sing that all the time not knowing what the heck she was singing and all the while me convinced that I would be going to Hell for allowing my daughter access to MTV. At that time it was pretty tame compared to today.

Gotta go, got more of your posts to catch up on!!!!

((hugz!))

Jane said...

Great interview Genie!! I'd love to be interviewed :))

xoxo

Boho mom said...

("I will be celebrating my new lucrative novel deal and my new relationship with a fabulous man.")
ummm-OMG!!! Congrats!! I don't know how I missed this tidbit of info!

And the die was cast at an early age - you're still WONDER WOMAN!!!

Caroline said...

Great interview Genie! Cool to know that you were a DJ! You rock!

Cynthia said...

mmm Fun Stuff!! I was Batgirl, but I was in charge -- I was oldest of the group what could they do?? Though my barbies were pretty prim and "Like a Virgin" is the only one a recognize and over course the name Timberlake. Already figured you for a softy, but a strong one. the best kind.

I can already see your stunning male partner and you toasting your book deal. As Genie wishes, I wish for her also.

I put this on my blog to answer your question, but don't know if you saw it. Mac OS X 10.4.11

I think an interview would be fun -- I always wanted to know more about myself. :) erthsong@earthlink.net

Blessings

Pink Heels said...

I absolutely loved reading about all these fun facts about you.

What is the title of book?

Yoli said...

Fascinating lady.

June said...

Fabulous insight and great idea Genie. Yes please do 'interview me'
I like the idea very much its fun and interesting.
thanks also for the wonderful comment on my new keyring
Hugs June xxx

The Muse said...

I am now even MORE convinced...that you are truly a most blessed and special divine creature! :)

gemma said...

Yeah Punker Barbies!
Here is wishing that all of your wishes come true.
PS You can interview me.
lrmanz@aol.com
Hey schools almost out
Can't wait.
Have a good wekend!