Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-05-11

Music Monday

If this doesn't get you outta your seat, nothing will! :)



Love this song and look at those guys flip! I wish I could do that. I will settle for doing

joy flips.

Jump for joy today. It's the perfect antidote to Monday Blahs for those of us starting the work week. If you're not starting the work week, then a joy flip is in order that you're not. HaH! :)

It has been tradition for me to wake up on Mondays with trepidation and wish I could stay home. Since I myself went to school.
So, Music Mondays have become my new tradition. It sets a better tone for the week.

I have a date with myself to go to a matinee after school. I will be getting some pop corn and Fresca and watching Star Trek. I'm excited!
Movie Mondays.
Yeah!
Another great tradition.
Music and movies. What better?


And this one is for Danette. You called it girl! LOL!
Note: This video is highly politically incorrect.




Happy Monday! :)

11 comments:

Sharon said...

What a great way to jumpstart Monday...with music! Movies and music, two of my favorite things. :) Have a wonderful week, Genie!

Breedale said...

I am so glad we have the same sense of humor! I loved the Sat. night live parody! Hysterical. You must let me know how Star Trek is. I am dying to see it! Thanks for all of your nice comments this weekend. I am thinking of your dream board often and sending lots of wishes out for you. Have a great Monday and take care of you!

Pink Heels said...

On my way to the gym this morning the radio station replayed that skit but I could barely understand what they were saying so I didn't think anything of it. But...OMG!!! It is so freakin' HILARIOUS! And they got Susan Sarandon to be a mother...OMG!!! I can't stop laughing!!!

Tabitha said...

LMAO@JT and SNL!!!
Thank you for this heartfelt laugh today sweet Genie!!!

Cynthia said...

Happy Monday Genie! That woke me the hell up and got me out of my Mon morn grumps!! and also made me slap my hand over my mouth and go OMG!!

It does set a better tone -- and I definitely need some new music.

Music and movies indeed!!

I'm so excited you are going to see the movie!!

thank you for changing the tone of my day -- really --
love Cyn

rosebud101 said...

Wouldn't it be fun to twirl like that through the air! Oh, my, that was a bouncing song, and now, I'm bouncing! I think you'll enjoy Star Trek. My son took me to see it for Mother's Day. He's not a Star Trek fan, but he sure did enjoy it!

Boho mom said...

Rock on Genie!
Thanks for this post to get me out of my Monday Funk!

*Don't you just love going to the movies alone? It's becoming one of my favourite things to do!
Enjoy your Music Matinee Monday!!!

Tori said...

I wish I could do that! Enjoy the movie. =)

Kavindra said...

Darn it, I am late to the party and the video won't show now - I am so intrigued by the tag "highly politically incorrect" too.

What a cool thing to do on a Mon after work - Movies are Fun!

Serena said...

RATS! I missed out on the video too but thanks for a great post. I like the idea of doing something special and fun on a Monday to set the tone for the rest of the week. Enjoy the matinee!

todayandeveryday said...

You have definitely got the spirit, girl--jump, jump jump!!!
Peace~
Dawn