Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-03-28

Tracks of My Tears

Every once in a while, a star is born. A person rises above the crowd, into the zenith of the horizon; and the glow is blinding. How awesome is it, to get to witness this rise to stardom? Adam Lambert is such a person. His performances are smoking TVs everywhere. His rendition of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire, set the audience on fire, some with admiration, others with derision. He has a uniqueness that is undeniable. He creates controversy which is the true test of an artist. This past week's performance of Smoky Robinson's Tracks of My Tears, brought me to tears. The man is magic.


©Twentieth Century Fox

This epitomizes success to me. The faith in yourself to stand before others, and say, "This is who I am. Without condition. Without qualification. I do this because I love it." To be able to take the criticism and smile gracefully, solid in the conviction of what you do. Solid within your artistic self. Taking the productive and throwing out the petty.

This, the final week of 12 Secrets of Creative Women hosted by the incomparable Jamie Ridler, we are asked to focus on planning our goals.

I plan on being true to myself. I plan on creating from the core of my being, without thinking about who I am pleasing and who I am not, without worrying whether it will be liked or not, successful or not, acknowledged or not.

(click to enlarge)

I am the mosaic of my experiences, thoughts, emotions, and drives. The joy, the sadness, the failure, the success is all a part of me. I breathe them in, and release them into the world, an expression of me, what I believe, what I hold sacred. If it touches even one other person, then I have achieved my goal.

I love what I do; and I love doing it. The rest is gravy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to take this moment to thank each and every one of you, for sharing your journey with mine, for being here for me through thick and thin, through the sublime and the ridiculous. I treasure you, your experiences, your insight, your incredible love. Thank you for allowing me to shine beside you in the constellation of our lives. Thank you for being vulnerable and sharing of yourselves and your art, for teaching me what the true meaning of success is.

Blessed be :)

24 comments:

Tabitha said...

Beautiful performance and beautiful words by you dear Genie!

rebecca said...

I haven't been following Idol this year like I used to because the night it is showing it's clashing with another show I'm taping! But I get the chance to switch back and forth and I've seen a couple of his performances compared to others. Hands down, he is ORIGINAL. O.R.I.G.I.N.A.L. The few times I've seen him perform he's taken great songs and turned them around giving it his spin. And he's been very successful. I loved his Ring of Fire. I thought it was awesome. And the song he sang from that country singer? (forget his name) that didn't know what to make of him? LOL! That was cute and he pulled that one off as well! No, he has talent that far outshines the others. And, some of those others are very good themselves but he brings in a little extra touch of originality, creativity, intelligence. And, he's adorable! If he doesn't win this I will be very surprised. As far as I'm concerned, this year's winner couldn't be more obvious. And, if he doesn't win for some fluke reason, then he'll be another Daughtry or Jennifer Hudson. His path is already set.

And, yes, as young as he is, he does inspire us to stay true to who we are, doesn't he? Oh, just so adorable.....

Fatma said...

Thank YOU, Genie for being YOU, for always showing up no matter what. It is a privilege to know you and have you as a companion on this Journey.

Bless YOU!

Tracy said...

Love your Mosaic, Genie!

Arty Em, Creativity Traveler said...

I have found that each week with each new secret I have looked very forward to reading your blog entry and always felt so touched when you commented on mine.
You are gift - and your voice is clear and inspired to us all - I thank YOU for your sharing of this creative journey we are on, and I do hope to stay in touch!

Kim Mailhot said...

Your goals and your expression of them are an inspiration, Genie. So glad that this journey has us on interconnected paths, so I can witness and share parts of the process.

Have a great weekend enjoying the gravy ;-)!

Cynthia said...

Your mosaic is absolutely awesome! Truly a gorgeous piece. The colors, the emotion it evokes, it keeps your eye moving -- very powerful!

blessings and grace

Caroline said...

Wow - whether you want to please me or not that image is STUNNING!

And the rest is groovy!

:-)

gemma said...

I totally agree. Adam Lambert is the bomb!! Ring of Fire rocked! Loved the sitar in the background.

Shell said...

Congratulations on completing this journey.

linda said...

genie, your mosaic is a stunning use of composition, the color is delicious, especially the way that pink creeps in and around the whole image~love it! I'll watch the video as soon as i don't have bandwidth issues, a beautiful post.

and genie, I would like to thank YOU, my dear, for being my cheerleader, for being there for me and hearing me and my wails about this and that....I feel your spirit and it is glowing ~ you leave a trail of stars behind you....
xoxo

Tori said...

Thank you! You are always there to comment on even my most uninteresting posts. And from the looks of the other comments here, I'm not the only one you cheer on. You are so amazing!

Sharon said...

WOW,Genie,you've touched me many times with your art and your words and this post is no exception.

I agree about Adam. So far he's staying true to himself. I hope he doesn't let them change him.

Pamela said...

Beautiful, Genie! Your mosaic is simply stunning, as are you. :D Thank you for sharing your life with us and for taking the time to visit us and comment when we share a bit of our own lives.

thezeninyou said...

Beautiful moasic! What a wonderful way to wrap up your journey.

Tammie Lee said...

Ummm, being true to oneself~ a lovely commitment!

Thanks for the music~
AND your art, wonderful.

laughingwolf said...

hey trawna gal... nice to meet nudder one canuckistanian ;) lol

Miss Robyn said...

from the first time that our paths crossed I knew that I had found a woman very similar to myself.. and I feel blessed that our paths have crossed. You are inspiring & I love YOU, for being you.
well done on finishing the book, it was a mammoth task, one that I could not keep up with this time.
and thankyou for being such a wonderful soul and continuing to visit my blog over the past weeks, even though I wasn;t visiting here... but now, life has hopefully calmed down and I can get back to 'normal'.
Thank YOU, Ms. GenieSea

LissaL said...

Thank you Genie Sea. You are always a source of inspiration and encouragement. The road does not end here. It cannot end here. For you offer much light on the darkest of days.
Sending you Sunshine

Dia said...

Congrads on completion - I'm also one who 'fell behind,' a lovely book that I intend to return to, though!
Ditto on the well deserved appreciation - you are a dear being & light! The mosaic is lovely & rich . . . .

Blessings & hugs

Deb said...

Ahh Genie - Mosaic is stunning, as is all of your artwork!
I may not check in all the time - but I so enjoy the catching up when I do!

Sadly I am getting a video no longer available message - will have to go & search for myself ;o)

Serena said...

Thank YOU for being the wonderful caring person that you are, Genie! YAY for you completing the course in the book. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into it but I have enjoyed following along through your blog. You are amazing and such an inspiration! Thank you!

love, light and peace,
serena

Lisa PN said...

Genie Sea,
I know that sometimes i haven't been the best at responding or posting on blogs, but i want to let you know that you have truly touched my heart.

I don't watch TV so i don't know who Adam Lambert is, but you mentioned that he is an original. and that he brought you to tears.

and yet, while reading your post, i thought Genie is an original, and you brought me to tears.

thank you thank you thank you.
i do hope that we can stay in touch.

creativehealinggoddess said...

I have witnessed your progress since, soul coaching which was in November, and I have witnessed your growth since doing 12 chapters and I have seen you grow and grow and learn and support. You are ready to take your ship out to the sea and commitment to you. It seems to me that you have stepped out and are a leader through your humility and self honesty.

I applauded you missy...:)