Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-03-25

In Flight

(click to enlarge)

Fasten your seat belt ladies and gentlemen, we are about to take off.

Welcome aboard Genie Air!
We are expecting some turbulence, so please keep your seats in the upright position.

If you look to the left you will see the storm moving eastward. They are calling this Hurricane Bullshit. It's raging at a speed of 235 kilometer per ridiculous, and is holding about 2000 kilograms of lost cause.

Don't worry. We are flying away from it.

To your right is sunny skies of possibility, accompanied by balmy breezes of freedom from stupidity.

Our destination: "Get the Hell Out"! There you will find a renewed sense of purpose, restored sleep and creative productivity.

Upon arrival, you will find you are baggage-free. We threw it all out. Who needs old encumbrances? Smell the sweet air of liberation, the light feeling of being weightless. Your steps will be buoyed by new hope, and resourcefulness.

The in-flight movie will be "This School Sucks but You Don't"; a farce about the education system riddled with spineless leaders and pointless ruts. It will make you cry with laughter and relief that this is not your reality.

Dinner will be served in two hours. A healthy meal of serenity with a side order of self-confidence. For dessert, we will be serving hot money pie topped with whipped cream.

Speaking of money, our lovely flight attendant of Wishes, Jamie Ridler, will play the visualization game, "What is your money wish?" To start you off, I will give you my answer.

I wish to make enough money to allow me to pursue a life under my own conditions. I would like to have the luxury to make my visions come true in a creative and productive way. I want to work with people I choose, and answer to no one who is lacking in intelligence, vision, compassion, and humanity.

I embrace the freedom, not to think about money, and do the things I have always been longing to do.

We have just cleared the storm. Please feel free to unbuckle your seat belts, and recline your seats. Relax, enjoy, and if you snore, we have handy nasal strips for your comfort.

Aloha!

:)

38 comments:

Tracy said...

I love your wish, Genie! I'd love to travel aboard Genie Air. :)

The Muse said...

Love this line...
"We have just cleared the storm"!

I do believe I'll buy a ticket for this Genie Air flight... :)

Kim Mailhot said...

What a sweet strange trip it's been ! ;-)

Genie Air - It's the only way to fly !

ox ox

Sara said...

As Genie wishes, so I wish also!

Love your wish.

Sarah said...

As Genie wishes, so I wish also!
YES, YES, YES meeee too!!! Sarah

Peaceole said...

As Genie Sea wishes for herself so do I wish for her!

Man what a great ride whats the cost to upgrade to First Class!

LissaL said...

I'm on board! Can I have a window seat?
PS you & Jamie got 2gether? My eyes were green for a bit, I have 2 admit.But I love u both:)
As Genie Sea wishes, so I wish also!

Tabitha said...

Your comment to my post brought me to joyful tears, then I come here are you bring me to hysterics..Genie, can I please be the C0-Captain? I promise I will never crash the plane. :)

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish also!

Love You Deeply!!!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

As Genie wishes, so I wish also!

Rowena said...

I took that flight.

And would you believe I missed the connecting flight, where 3 years later, all the administration had been fired and the school was under threat of being shut down.

So glad I didn't get back on that plane.

Melissa said...

The art is gorgeous!! Loving what you've written here. What an awesome journey you just too me on! I love what you said in your wish so much that I'd like to put the power of my wish behind yours! The whole piece is just so lovely.

BTW, I'd like to send you an email, but since I'm such a half-wit 14 yr old, I cannot seem to find it. Can you email me so I can email you? Thanks! :)

~Magick~
Melissa

Genie Sea said...

You all have first class reservations on the flight! And they are ALL window seats :) Mimosas anyone? :)Today's co-captain is Tabby! :)

Jamie said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish also.

How glorious to experience the power and magnificence of Genie Air, traveling to the most wondrous locations with magic and grace! The world is your oyster when you fly Genie Air!

Judi said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I also wish for her.

I have my ticket too! And you can all stop off at my place for a casual brunch of clean air, natural surroundings and pixie tea.

HeHE the word verification is imphe

pixies = impish behavior

Tori said...

Love it!! Genie Air sounds awesome.

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

david mcmahon said...

Came here from The Muse's fan club. What a great post.

Does your wonderful airline fly to my sunny land of Australia?

myrope said...

Serenity with a side-order of self-confidence. I'll have some of that, please!
As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Her Speak said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish also!~*

The food on Genie Airlines sounds MUCH better than the slop they serve at our local airline. hehe! Money Pie anyone???

M.U.C.H. Love~*
Molly

Sara Moriarty said...

You never lack cleverness Genie! Visiting your blog is always a treat. Thanks for making me giggle. :)

tinkerbell the bipolar faerie said...

"...not to think about money ..."

I like that.

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also

intothedawn said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

If enough of us board Genie Air, we might be able to start our own perfect community to live in...

The Muse said...

Just letting you know...You deserve GOLD wings :)

Keep up the great work!

Shell said...

As Genie wishes, so I wish for her also. Let get's ready for takeoff!!!

linda said...

darlin', hoping you get everything your little sweet heart desires....
xoxox

Serena said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I just heard some upsetting news this afternoon and then I came here, read this post, and cried. I so feel where you're coming from......can I have one of those first class tickets please?

Sometimes, life really sucks but it's so nice to have friends who lift you when you're feeling down. You are an angel, Genie!

love, light and peace,
serena

sema said...

As Genie wishes, so I wish also!

thezeninyou said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

What a ride...

Danette said...

As Genie wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

I'll take a first class ticket, complete with in-flight pedicures, gin and fresh berries.

rebecca said...

LOVED IT! Oh, this was very good, Miss G. Very creative, very point-on....a side of comedy relief for those days when we are surrounded by the dopes and the mopes! Is your flight booked yet? If so, I'd like to be on stand-by, please =)

Tiara said...

As Genie wishes, so I wish also!

Book me a ticket!

Claire HM said...

One more voice to add to your throng:

"As Genie wishes for herself, I wish for her also."

Bright Blessings to you!

Boho mom said...

As Genie wishes for herself, I wish for her also!!!

You absolutely ROCK my friend! I am still laughing from reading your fabulous flight narrative!
Pure creative genius!!

Pearl Maple said...

That is a lovely post, i am lagging way behind on the 12 secrets project but enjoying everyone's posts that inspire all kinds of different thoughts.
Thanks for sharing.

Pamela said...

As Genie wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Thanks for the fabulous ride, Genie! Your posts are always so creative!

Many blessings.

Genie Sea said...

Thank you all for showering me with your wonderful blessings. I feel rich already. :)

You are, of course, all welcome on Genie Air. No reservations necessary. :)

Special Welcome to my Blog to: David, Tinkerbell, Tiara, Claire, and Pearl!

Glad to see you back Boho. I missed you honey :)

Allison said...

As Genie wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

I'd also like a second helping of dessert ;]

Melanie Margaret said...

as genie wishes for herself, i wish for her as well

Deb said...

As Genie wishes for herself, I wish for her also!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this flight with Genie Air ;o)