Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-03-10

Dream a Little Dream

(click to enlarge)

First of all I would like to extend a big Thank YOU to Jamie for keeping the dream alive with the monthly Full Moon Dreamboards!

This month Jamie asks, "What if this spring, we softened? What if we let what's within find its way to the surface? What tender dreams would be revealed? "

My immediate response was to paint the above image in PS. In wind, in air, swinging in glee under the loving gaze of the moon. She smiles, she lets go of all care. Can you hear her gleeful giggles? Her joyful abandon of all preconceptions, as she lets the moon guide her? In instinct, in creativity, in power.

As the spring soil stirs with new life,
so I would like to be reborn.
As the day lightens and opens to new possibility,
so I would like to awaken.
As the air quickens with fresh breezes carrying long forgotten dreams,
so I would like to feel.
To feel
To awaken
To be
To be
free of all that tethered me
down
as I rise
UP
to meet life
and all its treasures.

I invoke the beautiful moon's energy to stir sweet life in all of us.

Blessed be :)

24 comments:

Jamie said...

What beautiful creations stir in you, my friend. I'm so glad you share your gifts here in this special place.

May this moon bring you all your heart desires.

Kim Mailhot said...

To dreams untethered...

From your lips to the moon's ears !
ox ox

Tracy said...

Love the image, Genie. It's dreamy!

Rowena said...

Thank you for your words. I need the power.

It turns out that manifesting is SCARY.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I'm still all shaky.

And thank you so much for ordering. I can't wait to pack up and send out all the prints.

Tabitha said...

You create beautifully in every single way!

Boho mom said...

Beautiful Genie!
Once again, your artwork is amazing.

I LOVE doing dreamboards, and must make the time to get back into it!
Jamie Rocks!!!

Tammie Lee said...

lovely, in every way

Tori said...

I love it! Your picture is so beautiful, and your poem speaks! I think the moon has an affect on everyone, no matter how subtle it is.

Her Speak said...

May we all be stirring with new life! Blessed be!

*Merry Full Moon*
Much Joy, Many Blissings~*
Molly

Amber said...

Beautiful image and words. Blessings on the new creativity that you are birthing.

creativehealinggoddess said...

What my Genie wishes for I wish for her also....

A very mystical picture....

Wendy said...

Beautiful pic and dreams!
Blessings

Marina said...

so pretty that image....

Dia said...

Lovely dreams & dreamboard! Free of all that tethered me down . . . may you be free!! & blessed by the moon ;)

Miss Robyn said...

have a wonderful spring & may this Full Moon bring all that you wish for...
here at Inglewood, I am going inwards as I journey to Autumn Equinox

Melissa said...

Your words are always so magickal!

~Moonbeams~
Melissa

thezeninyou said...

Just be...

Wonderful image today Genie!

Jane said...

gorgeous post!!

Serena said...

'to be free of all that tethered me down as i rise UP to meet life and all its treasures'

YES!

Beautiful painting AND post, Genie!

KathrynAntyr said...

How beautiful. Blessed be to you dear one.

Kat said...

Beautiful Genie! ....so I would like to be reborn too.

jess gonacha swift said...

another beautiful one. :) and what a beautiful sentiment about the moon!

sudharm baxi said...

Refreshingly beautiful!!

and yes i can hear the giggles. Great work.

Tiara said...

Swings = awesome.