Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-03-19

Swinging into Life

(click to enlarge)

Spring has sprung and so have I! Even though I am feeling the slight symptoms of a flu coming on (tickly throat, coughity cough, sniffles), I refuse to give in to it! Sorry, I don't have time for you! Go plague another body!

The sun is nurturing my soul and my spirit has been lifted right out of last week's doldrums. I know a lot of this has also to do with the fact that I am not in the pressure cooker that is my place of employment. It's really quite alarming what an awful effect it has on my state of being. I really need to reinforce my barriers so that it does not get to me as much! Or I really need to get out.

Yesterday, I had a meeting with two of the most awesome women I know and have the pleasure and honor of calling friends. They are helping me with my project to infuse the tired education system here with some creativity! It needs this transfusion desperately as it has been languishing in Intensive Care for eons! I will write more on this once it has been solidified. :)

I
am
excited!
!
!

:)

I have also been working on the textbook(s) I have been commissioned to write. I must admit, I was not very enthusiastic when this first fell into my lap, but... I am making lemon cake with it! I have been researching like mad, and have put together an outline that pops! It's chock full of fun and interesting activities! I will actually enjoy writing this :) The theme is Habitats and I have discovered such amazing projects in the works all over the world which gives me hope for humanity. More on this for sure!

Today, I am going to meet up with a friend of mine and her one-year old daughter, Maria! I am so looking forward to squishing, I mean holding, this new human! :) The sun is shining and so am I!

Brilliant!

I hope you are all well, and happy! My prayers are with those of you who need them. I have not forgotten about you, darlings!

Blessed be :)

12 comments:

Tabitha said...

Yay!! I'm sooo happy for you!! Go enjoy the sun and smile tons!!

Tracy said...

It sounds like things are going wonderfully for you right now! Love your work of art...it is very Spring-like. :)

thezeninyou said...

Yeah Genie! Wonderful things blooming for you!

differenceayearmakes said...

Enjoy the sunshine! Life does have it highs.

linda said...

geez, where's my brain when i need it---love your drawing today and yesterday's too!
xoxoxo-you got more kisses out of that one!

now another 9'er wv....sigh...

Kim Mailhot said...

Happy busy play time Genie ! Enjoy !

Serena said...

Spring is definitely in the air in your lovely painting.

It sounds like things are heading in a positive direction for you, Genie! The Habitats book sounds really interesting.

Enjoy your time today with your friend and her daughter. Babies are always so cuddly at that age.

love, light and peace,
serena

indigo goddess said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your energy today!!!!!!
YaY!!!!!!!!

Tori said...

Yay! Go, Genie! I am loving the excitment and good energy your post is giving off. Just what I needed! =)

Judi said...

Hope that you had a glorious day ;)

Allison said...

Amazing what a change of pace & season can do. I feel like I'm emerging from an emotional hibernation!

Love the bright colors & strong legs on your artwork from above. :]

Genie Sea said...

Thank you wonderful ones :)