Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-04-27

Time to Dance.

It's Monday. Time to dance!

Bobby Dreadfull - Get Down


Nothing like starting off the work week with some music and some dancing. It's the surest way to dissolve the "oh oh" feeling in the stomach. If you don't know what I mean, count yourself lucky. :)

One of the dilemmas of a high school teacher is the constantly plugged-in student. They have the earphones on and good luck getting through to them. They walk around with a soundtrack in their ears. To drown you out.

They might not have a bad thing going there. Often, I feel that I want to walk around work plugged-in as well. It's like a bullshit shield. Hear no evil. The classroom is the safest place in the building. The students are real. The adults are a different story. Drowning them out is an option...

I'm awaiting the day when video glasses are available; all you have to do is put them on and you're in a movie. See no evil.

And since those two are in place, it follows that there will be no opportunity to speak evil.

Avoid the monkey business altogether.

This is a highly surreal post, but that's mostly how I feel while getting ready for a work week. Surreal. May this week be BS free. May I plug into the universal soundtrack and stay away from those monkeys. And I don't mean the ones who are plugged-in. I like those. :)

May your week go smoothly. May it be a really funky groovy music video.

18 comments:

Deb said...

I wish you a fabulous week Genie!

I do like the bit about starting it with some music & dancing....& of course I love the idea of a "Bullshit Shield"!! :o)

Of course so many songs are around that could be appropriate for some of the less desirable adults.....

Tracy said...

My 16 year old son walks around almost constantly plugged in to his MP3 player. :)

Sharon said...

Great post, as usual! I hope you have a fabulous week!

Boho mom said...

Cheers to a fabulous week of no B.S.
xo

Kim Mailhot said...

Keep on dancing, Genie and keep that BS away ! There's a new mantra for you ; "A dance veryday, keeps the BS at bay !"

Boogie, boogie...

Tabitha said...

I wish you a week filled with joy, peace, laughter, success and loads of love.

I'll boogy with you any day my friend!!

Sorrow said...

considering way to many adults don't have time for kids, and way to many adults drown out kids, and way to many of us don't ever sit with silence, and considering that it is a very surreal monday, I will just go plug in ...
LOL

Snap said...

I wish for you a fabulous week ... filled with kids and NO ADULTS. !!!
(Lucky kids)

Dancing away .........!!!!

Jo said...

Have a great week, my "monday" oh no day is usually friday ;-)

thezeninyou said...

I really like this post Genie...especially the idea of plugging into the soundtrack of the universe!!! That rocks! I could go for a groovy music video week ;)

Serena said...

A BS shield is a fabulous idea!! I must admit I like plugging into my MP3 player when I want to block out the rest of the world and just relax. Have a BS-free week, Genie ~ (((Hugs)))

The Muse said...

YES...
May this week be bs free!!!!!!!!

I found you on twitter~YEAH!

Shell said...

I loved the song. He is a cutie as well.

Tori said...

If only I had found your post this morning before school! I needed this. It was a horrible Monday.

Pamela said...

Genie, you so rock! I love this post and the way your mind works. May we all have a bullshit shield!

With an hour commute to and from work each day, I like to plug in and tune out while riding the bus. I wonder what they'd say if I got up and got down while playing this tune....

Thanks, Genie!

gemma said...

Groovin' with the soundtrack of our lives...No BS!

rosebud101 said...

I used to be a hs school teacher, too, and I know exactly what you mean. Loved the kids, but admin, well, that will always be another issue. Good luck and have a good week!

Beverly said...

I was just telling my son how I wish we all had our own life soundtrack, but I absolutely love the idea of video glasses. So kewl! I've often been told I live in my own world, which is fine with me, because I like my own little world where I can rock out and dance and sing loudly and dizzying until I'm just overcome with true joy. Ain't nothing wrong with that girlfriend.

And I have to agree with you about teenagers ~ I would rather be in a room full of honest, real kids than a group of bullshitting adults. Any day.