Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-06-15

When in Doubt. Dance!

Hi! My name is Genie, and work has kicked me in the butt! On Saturday, was I out partying with friends, enjoying the lovely patio weather? No. I was home, grading papers until 2 am. Yes, teachers have it easy. You don't know how often I have heard that.

Exams start today, so this week's schedule is a little off kilter, but I have exams to mark, grades to calculate and upload, department meetings to plan, and end-of-the-year wrap-up procedures. Not to mention a summer school course to plan, and another textbook to research and write.

I also have an appointment with my banking institution to consolidate my line of credit and mortgage and possibly negotiate at a lower interest. I have a cell phone company's ass to kick. A visa to cancel for a lower interest one. Pricing on handy men, doors and light fixtures. And other such engaging and highly amusing activities.

Ain't life grand? For a grand?

But no matter! Today is Monday and you know what that means?

Time to Dance!



Some of you may have seen this, but it's great viewing every single time! It would make a great workout routine! :)

Happy week everyone!

16 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

You go girl - perfect dance to get you energize...at least a little - so you can face it all ! Go, Genie, go Genie, go Genie ...

Shades of Scorpio said...

Good morning Genie and it amazes me how creative you are and yet...it doesn't get sucked outta you by the "Have To's"! Your kids are lucky to have such a teacher!

frustrated artist said...

This is such a great video!! I still haven't figured out how to load videos to blogger.

Re your teaching duties...like every job, there are the necessary "evils"...but the bottom line in teaching is that we affect sooo many lives and just the great karma you get from that alone, is enough to fill half the universe, at the very least.

Keep on teachin'...your kids need you!!

Sharon said...

Hi Genie! I love this dancing guy! I've come to look forward to your dancing on Mondays. It always puts a smile on my face. See. :>)

Have a great week!

Tabitha said...

Too funny!!
have an awesome week Genie!!

Cynthia said...

Hey hon, are we in the same boat, or on the same ship? No papers to grade,but the rest... your attitude as infused me with Herculean strength!

Have an awesome week!

rebecca said...

Well, pricing handy men doesn't seem too bad at all....hm, sounds like a good way to spend an afternoon....okay, let's play make pretend....LOL ;)

Take a deep breath, my sweet, it'll soon be over!

((hugs))

Miss Robyn said...

last time I danced, a week or so ago was when I was away.. I woke feeling older than i am.. muscles and bones shrieked in pain.. but oh my it was worth it...

and teachers? I don't know how they can put up with obnoxious teens...(that is the bitter old woman coming out)

linda said...

i don't know how you remain creative with the dreary paper work and deadlines...glad you can maintain your wonderful pov!
and thank you for your encouragement too...
xoxox

rosebud101 said...

Where do you get your energy? It must be from the dancing. I'm going to dance, too! I need more energy.

Serena said...

You are amazing, Genie! Dance to your heart's desire ~ :)

Caroline said...

*Gah* grading papers til 2 AM! Oh do take some time and dance. Great video...I saw his first one...this is a great follow up! Here's to a blissful week ahead!

Carmen said...

Good luck in your exams!

gemma said...

Genie not too much longer now school will be out. Hope you'll find some relief then. For now go ahead and dance!

Dia said...

Count down! Yea - I love to dance, too! A fav, kid's story that was in Cricket mag eons ago, about the "luck of the house, a leasty lubberkin' (wee folk) whose motto was 'turn it about, dance!' he befriended the cinderella type gal in the story, & taught her that :)

Yes, it was hard deciding to let the tree 'go,' but as you say, necessary in the long run!

Take care, & DANCE :)

Kavindra said...

I never saw this before- I LOVE it! Thanks