Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-06-08

Hoops & Barbeques & Dreamboards, oh MY!

(click to enlarge)

Et Voila! My dreamboard for the Honey or Strawberry or Lovers Full Moon!

I made it at the effervescent and ever-inspiring Jamie Ridler's first Full Moon Dreamboard Circle yesterday! To say it was fun and deeply enlightening is an understatement! I got to meet, for the first time, some of my blogging friends and I was thrilled to see how absolutely wonderful they are in person, as they are online! I will write more on this when I have more time (?) this week.

I am in the process of studying my dream board, as I put it together intuitively. I grabbed images that I was drawn to, then put it together. I added the card I drew from the deck Jamie provided and kindly allowed us to keep. GOALS. How fortuitous is that? I added the advice on the back which I thought was particularly potent for me. Set a goal... and release the outcome. The second part is particularly important for me. Releasing expectation and worry. Just letting the wish and goal float up into the Universe. This dream board has a lot in it that makes my heart sing.

I welcome your thoughts. What do you see?

If you want to participate in the full moon dreamboard experience just go here!

This weekend, I was a bad girl! I finally sat down to do some of the work that has been piling up like Mount Kilimanjaro on Sunday night, after a nice dinner of (you guessed it!) sushi with my goddess daughter and my friend who also participated in the dream board circle.

On Saturday, I popped in to visit the ever talented and light-generating Danette who was hosting a hoop sale for the amazing and hoopalicious Allison. We hooped. Well they did. I managed to keep the hoop up for 15 seconds! We hung and chatted on Danette's porch and took in the beautiful spring morning.

Then I went to a barbecue, and dragged myself home late that night with enough energy to shower and plunge into bed.

Oh well! Life is meant to be lived, not graded. :)

And since it's Monday, you know what that means?

TIME TO DANCE!



YEAH BABY! :)

28 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Can't touch this !

Sounds like a fun packed, soul-satistying weekend ! Yay !
Have a great Monday !

Wild Roaming One (WRO) said...

Up until yesterday, I had only breezed through your blog Genie, but after meeting you, I don't know, something about the human connection, there's so much more now to who "Genie" is and to be privy to your board this month...AWESOME!

WRO
(the teary one)

Tracy said...

Lovely dreamboard, Genie! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. :)

Rowena said...

I love the guerilla art dances. All those gold parachute pants coming to dance from wherever they are.

And what does it say about this world, outside of the gloom and doom we always hear, that people will do this kind of thing?

It's a little kind of hope.

As for those dreamboards... I don't know what's keeping me from them. I don't have a collection of images to pull on anymore. I left them when I moved. And I seem so busy with little time for reflection. But somehow, I think that when I make time for reflection and dreamboards, life will start coming together.

Sharon said...

Love your dreamboard, Genie, and the dance. Glad you had such a good weekend. Hope your whole week is great. :)

Her Speak said...

Wowza! This board is the Stuff! It's so interesting to see the similarities between your collage work and your ps paint pieces. My heart is leaping to know you took time to Live! Remember to be gentle with you, Genie. :D

May all your full Moon dreams manifest. She will provide. :D

Much Love and Many Blissings~*
Molly

Her Speak said...

AHHH! Just watched the hammer video and almost shot coffee out my nose!! hehe!

Thanks for sharing <3

differenceayearmakes said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Great dreamboard.

sema said...

Genie,sounds like you had a great weekend.Your dreamboard is awesome.may all your wishes come true.
blessings for abundance,
sema

Janet said...

love your dreamboard. so dynamic! i feel the urge to touch it.

and that video is coolness! i wanna shop there!

that which you wish for, i wish for you also.

Tabitha said...

Genie, I so had a pink pair of Hammer pants back in the day. I love LOVE your dreamboard!

Pink Heels said...

I love the free-spirited nature of your dream board. May all of your dreams come true!

Allison said...

Your dreamboard looks so peaceful & heavenly. I love the colors & the aquatic elements :]

creativehealinggoddess said...

May all your dreams come true Geniex
Love the dreamboard ....and I am glad you got to spend some time with working with the bloggers in the flesh. I wish I was there!

Love the video, do you know those trousers are back in fashion in london.....but not in gold though.

Jamie Ridler said...

What a luscious weekend - perfect for this full strawberry moon :)

It was so, so awesome to have you and your beauties attend the Dreamboard Circle. What a treasure to share creative dreaming time together. Your board looks like it's dancing, like those beautiful ends are floating in the sea.

May all your dreams come true!

Shell said...

Happy Honey Moon, Genie. You had a fab weekend. Sushi!! I love sushi and miss eating it. Been a while. The video was fun and made me smile.

Tori said...

Wow! It's so cool that you got to meet some of your blog buddies! You've created a beautiful dreamboard.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Almost forgot the dreamboard after watching the dance -- my 8yo was at first horrified, then mystified and then finally when the video was about done she was getting into it...
8 yos and their sense of how things "should" be done--and she lives w me too-ya'd think she'd expect the unexpected :-)

Your dream vision is beautiful...and I love the thought of putting it out there and letting it go...like a prayer in the wind to the ears of the gods it goes....

Jo said...

Your dream board says optimism, romance and happiness to me :-)
Sounds like you had a great weekend

Jenni said...

You dreamboard is hot Hot HOT! It feels like it's in motion against that passionate red background. a sweet & salty treat.

Thank you

Serena said...

your dream board is gorgeous, genie!!! may the Universe provide all that you wish for ~ :)

gemma said...

How awesome to meet some of your blogging tribe. Your dream board is full of love.

Rebekah said...

This is strikingly beautiful. I love that some of the shapes protrude out into the color, and all the oceanic imagery. There are so many ways to think of the ocean, symbolically speaking.

I hope you get all you dream of and more. :)

linda said...

love your dreams, may they all come true!!

thank you for your loving support on my blog ramblings and miseries...it is very much appreciated, dear one..I look forward to wrecking my journal now and am off to check that out...am about to burn one page because I went through and got a bit ahead of myself :)

Tammie Lee said...

Hello Ms. Genie Sea,
It sounds like you had a very full weekend. I had sushi this weekend also, yum!
Thanks for the Hammer clip, I had not seen that yet, fun. I was surprised that the folks watching didn't clap at the end.

Genie Sea said...

Thank you so much sweethearts! I normally respond to each comment, but time has been burdened by work lately, and I can't, but I will again soon!

Sending you all warm regards and that all your wishes come true! :)

The Muse said...

Oh marvelous...you met blogger friends? Yeah...YEAH indeed!!!

Pen said...

what a magical and inspiring weekend! jamie and danette among others! i'm so jealous!

and the dreamboard is... well, dreamy really. i love the softness of the images you selected, yet the force of the red background propels the vision.
can't wait to hear more about the dreamboard circle, and how these dreams start unfolding!