Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-07-26

Wrecking in Swamp Lands

As the thunderstorms shake the earth, I ponder on why I love storms so much. They crackle with passion and release. Release of tension. The bursting of saturation. The rainbow of peace.

I have been absent from my blog, as I have reached my own saturation point. Swamped with duties, and living in a haze of tiredness. Trying to rest as much as possible to counterbalance the stress.

I have been in self-preservation mode.

I have missed so many of the amazing events in the blogosphere, but most importantly, I have missed each and every one of you. I have some serious catching up to do, and come Thursday, I will be buzzing around your blogs, taking in the honey of your words, and leaving some gifts of words and wishes.

In my wrecking journey, I have done little. My mental energy was used up in the everyday, and my creativity has been used to survive this.

But I have done some wrecking. Nothing earth shattering. But here it is none-the-less.

(click on images to enlarge)

I was on the phone for what seemed like hours this week with banks and other companies I do business with. Plenty of opportunity to doodle! And where better to doodle than in WTJ! :)



I took some of my carrot sticks that I was snacking on while watching So You Think You Can Dance and dipped them in ink, making these drawings. Then dipping them in watercolor. I giggled a lot through this process, making sure I separated the drawing carrots from the munching carrots. A mix-up would have been yucky!



Finally, in much need of some energy, I wrote myself some positive thoughts to carry me through the last stages of summer school. The color that seeped onto these pages from others, makes these messages even happier.

To see what the others in the marvelous Wrecking Crew have been up to go to the magnificent Jamie Ridler's Next Chapter Book Club here !

I hope you are all doing well, and I will be back soon to celebrate your achievements, marvel over your talents, commiserate with your frustrations and rejoice in the blogosphere that has brought all of us together! :)

14 comments:

Tabitha said...

I'm so joyful to see you Genie!! I knew you had to be mega busy. I love watching you wreck your journal!

Hugs

rosebud101 said...

Genie, take it easy and gather your energies. Take care of yourself.

rebecca said...

We all have those times where our plates get a tad bit full....and, you, dear, dear Genie, are one person that does so much already! Take care of what you have to do, take a breather, take your much needed rest, and when you come back, we will be here!!!

((hugs))

Kim Mailhot said...

Keeping moving forward Genie...we will wait up for you...not to worry...noce wrecking in the midst of the duties ! See you when you get home!
Hugs !

Kavindra said...

Geez you draw better with a CARROT than I do with art supplies!

I really love your doodles ~ I am a mermaid myself (shhh, don't tell, I'll meet you in the deeps)
And your good thoughts are good indeed.

Sharon said...

Even with your very busy life you have managed some serious wrecking this week. Wreck on!

judipatootie said...

you must be a mermaid..!!

carrots make a good paint stick.. probably would tast icky..i'd be willing to try

Genie Sea said...

Thank you so much ladies! Huggies! :)

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

Hey Genie! From mermaid dreams to carrot-colorization you managed to wreck plenty and keep it beautifully positive, too. Hugs and a helping of chocolate if you'd like.... Keep on wrecking, you are a wreck star!!!!

Beverley Baird said...

Good to see you back. You did some great wrecking!
Take care of yourself!

Kim said...

You seem to have kept tapped into your creativity even in the midst of all that's happening for you. Your thoughts about keeping oneself happy being like putting money in a savings account - brilliant! Hope you will be re-charged soon!

WrightStuff said...

I loved the page of good thoughts. There I was all impressed with the delightful colouration and then you tell me it had seeped through from the other side! That's what makes the wrecking such fun - it opens up all sorts of creative opportunities. Have a good rest and enjoy!

Sherri said...

Carrots in ink- brilliant! Those drawings came out so nicely. I'm so sad this journey is almost over. Nice wrecking!

Dia said...

These pages are delightful - love the mermaid!! yest found a blog of mermaid tales . . .
& the affirmations were delightful - take good care of you!!