Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-07-13

Skating by

It's Monday. I am so ready for a vacation. I have 17 more days until I can honor my own clock. Spend my days and nights without thought of the time or the day. I am a nocturnal being. I can stay up late every night. I love naps. Short bursts for refueling and then going again.

My weekends have been full with social gatherings which are awesome, yet also require an expenditure of energy.

I'm also working on two segments for a textbook series, and it's been harder for me than I thought because the people I'm writing for are extremely picky and demanding without being organized.

The decision to do summer school was one of necessity for me, and it's not as bad as I thought really, but there is so much energy one person can expend without getting depleted.

I am keeping my eye on the prize. The renovations to home and garden. Like a mantra, it will take me through these days, and take me to the other side of this tunnel.

And since it's Monday, it's time to boogie. Got roller skates? :)



How's that for energy? Have a great week everyone! :)

19 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Let the countdown to the freedom begin !
Everybody dance now !

clairedulalune said...

Oh my goodness, what a funny clip! loved it! Thanks!

judipatootie said...

Arent those babies the funniest? Talk about energy!1 have none, i am truly a slug!

I want holes in mWTJ so i can ad soem MArdi Gra beads.. wonder what kind of reaction I'd get if I stopped at one of these houses being built?

Holly said...

17, 16, 15, 14 see where I'm going with this?! Sure you do, you can do it!!!!

Judi said...

What a hoot! Somebody working for that company is a whiz!

The countdown is started and you'll be free soon - maybe you can roller skate too!

Tori said...

Talk about energy! Haha.

Good luck. You'll get through it! Hopefully you'll get through it without turning into a zombie. =)

Rose said...

I have given you a small wrecking award on my creative blog... No obligation!

Serena said...

take lots of those refueling naps, genie. after all your efforts, you will be able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

i saw this YT video only yesterday and thought it was a hoot! very clever technology ~ :)

Michelle Eaton said...

This video is so cute! Maybe you should drink some Evian to try and get some of that energy :)

linda said...

this is the cutest thing I have seen in ages! I just might steal it from you sometime! dear girl, thank you for your sweet comments on my blog while I was away as you "skated" by and did your drive by...I very much appreciated the hugs...

also, hoping you get to the finish very soon... it must be something you can hardly wait for. I can't wait to see what you do with your place and garden too??? how fun! you do sound like one busy lady! I am very glad to read you keep up on your beauty naps! ;)
xoxoxo

Shell said...

The video is adorable. I worked for my friend who was exactly like the people you are working for. Seriously, he drove me nuts. I feel for you. I do.
Glad you'll still be able to enjoy your summer when school is done.

rosebud101 said...

Genie, good luck with summer school. Don't let it drain you!

Tabitha said...

When I first saw this video I couldn't help but smile! I am still smiling brightly. I wish you so much joy during your down time to yourself!

gemma said...

You get your freedom right about the time I have to go back. ACK!!
Aug 3rd. There are always picky people in every bunch...luckily usually there are nice folks to make up for them.

Clarity said...

Oh CGI, look what you've done.

I'm from London and that hasn't aired here yet. I like your blog and art, that father's day piece was adorable.

Sarah said...

LOL Dr. Sarah - giggle. Ok have been avoiding these dancing babies in skates - everywhere - but seeing you put it here I just had to watch...giggle snort - tooooo cute!!!
I hope your vacation is wonderful!!!
Namaste, Sarah

Genie Sea said...

Hugs my sweethearts! :)

Amber said...

omg...thanks for the video...I needed that.

have a blessed and wonderful time honoring your own clock. wouldn't life be awesome if we could do that all of the time.

many blessings

Jane said...

Enjoy the time to yourself...you deserve it!!!