Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-07-18

Interview This Wrecker!

What a week! It has been a challenge getting through it, and I am feeling the effects.
I'm a bit under the weather, which is a major signal to slow down.

But before I get into all that... I have an exciting announcement to make!

Connie from Dirty Footprints Studio is interviewing me live on air tomorrow at 3 pm Eastern!
So, if you have the time and want to listen in or call in, join the fun!
The link is posted on her blog.
If you don't know Connie,
you should check out her deliciously creative,
amazingly energetic and
abundantly inspiring blog!

Now on to the wreckage.

This week I was caught in the rain without an umbrella.
So what did I use to cover my head?
The journal of course!

(click on images to enlarge)
My camera is disappointing, or it might be the user, so it's difficult to see the water drops.
The journal was drenched.... And now it looks like.....


THIS!
It can't and won't close. And it's water logged, but I still love my little journal!
I took some time to paint in it and have some fun, to balance out the heavy work week.


Evidence of my creative endeavors on this test page!
I am going to glue this paper towel I used to clean my water color pens.
But there's more!



I took some veggies that were wilting in my fridge, and I made some stamps!
Pepper and carrot impressions!
But I couldn't leave it at that! NO!


I wanted to paint it. Give it some color! FUN! :)


I took a peaceful moment to glue a page from a magazine.
It's actually two pages that I turned into a collage.
There are some powerful messages here! :)


I embellished my office supply page with things I found in my classroom desk.


I made a sign!
Life is infinite possibilities.
Enough so that we each can live our own way.
And isn't that amazing?

Last but not least, I am including a photo of the page I sent to Kara, aka Mother Henna!

This page was inspired by the workshop that Kara lead entitled "Find Your Own Hero".
I fell horribly behind and will be picking it up again when I am on vacay in 11 days!
I digress.

This is my Super Hero!
And who better to give it to than the woman who inspired the journey!
Thank you Kara!

If you have not checked out her blog, please visit!
Not only is her art and words infinitely touching, blessedly real, and remarkably inspiring,
she runs some juicy workshops!

My Super Hero.

That's it for week 7 for me!
Check out other wreckage, on our wonderful Guru, Jamie Ridler's blog, here!

Jamie a driving FORCE of creativity, leadership, and ongoing inspiration. I consider myself so lucky and privileged to have crossed paths with her. When I am in her presence or reading her thoughts, I feel a light emanating from her. A light that envelopes the world.

Jamie, if you're reading this, I thank you from the bottom of my being! Blessed be. :)

27 comments:

Kavindra said...

What a gorgeous and colorful and vibrant journal. Or should I call it an "umbrella" now? It's many things, all beautiful, just like it's creator.

I love love love superheroine genie sea. I think I gotta go try my hand at that sometime.

Very inspirational messages my dear.

Tabitha said...

To say it's called Wreck This Journal your journal looks beautiful! I can tell you are enjoying it deeply.

Hugs To You!!!

Melinda said...

WOW I think you did a LOT and all the pages are beautiful! I LOVE all the colors...and your super hero is great!

Lawendula said...

The paper towel is a wonderful idea.
Very colorful wrecking, thanks for your comment, take care, go on and CHOOSE ;)

Kim Mailhot said...

You wreck so well !!!! I love that your journal protected your head from the rain - how perfect ! Such juicy play still getting better and better each week, Miss Genie.
I hope you listen to the slow down messages a little too ;)
Thanks for sharing your play !

gemma said...

I Lurve your groovy pages
and I want to make a sign like that!!!!Muah!

Judi said...

Colorful Wrecking - love it!
Finally - a super heroine that I can identify with -you go girl.

WrightStuff said...

That's some cool pages. Favourite is the printed veg colour - very nice. I was going to watch a film tonight but now I am inspired to raid the fridge!

Rose said...

You did so much this week and all of it so cool! Loving it all.... I stalled this week a little and found myself doing other things instead.

Jean said...

I LOVE this! You have so much color and so much MEANING! Thanks for your inspiring comments and for fabulous wrecking!

judipatootie said...

what can I add? But the UMBRELLA< sure hits a chord with me, i have been using that symbol in WTJ
I havae to know more about your superhero

listen to thet inner voice.to take it slooooooooow!!

Boho mom said...

SWEET!!
I love how your "wrecking" is so personalized!
Interview? How exciting!!

Holly said...

Here's what I'll add, I hope you're feeling better and here's to vaca almost being here!

As I'm not wrecking, at least a Journal, at this time it's been interesting to visit with my blog friends and see what creative wreckers they've become.

Yours is absolutely no exception to the creative part!

Serena said...

i hope you feel more energised after your busy week, genie. what a fun journal! love the super hero page ~ :)

Kim said...

I love your wrecking so personal meaningful,colorful and filled with joy! Your super hero is great!!

rosebud101 said...

You've really enjoyed that journal, and it's taken you on an exciting journey. Thanks for sharing it with us.

linda said...

I have let you do the wrecking for me, you are doing such a good job of it! ;)

XO

rebecca said...

You know, call me crazy, but I actually like it better waterlogged! It gives it so much character! I love what you're doing with this and my only question is where do you find the time girl to do all of this every day?!!!!!

((hugs))

Beverley Baird said...

Awesome wrecking/creating!
Loved your superheroine!
Hope you are feeling better.

Rowena said...

So busy you are!

Beautiful wreckage. I especially like the vegetable prints and the superhero

Lesley Myrick said...

Hahah...love the journal/umbrella idea! Think that counts as taking the book in the "shower" with you? ;)

Kim said...

Great interview today!! I especially liked your comments about making each moment creative, even the little things like what we chosed to wear, and how we prepare our meals. Live each juicy moment!

Gretchen Wegner said...

I resonated with a number of things you wrote, but especially: Yes!! Colored sharpies totally totally rule!!!!!!!

NatashaMay said...

Love your colorful wrecking. :)

Hybrid J said...

Just simply great work of wreckage! :)

Sherri said...

Oh, wow! I love the superhero! The paperclip chain on the office supply page.

Apple said...

I love your journal pages and also how it doesn't even close anymore!! I had to put elastic around mine to put it on my shelf! ha ha :)