Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-07-06

And the living is easy...

One thing I love about summer, is everything becomes more relaxed.
Stress melts away.
The weather is beautiful, even when it is raining.

I love it all!
Longer days.
Lovely breezes.
The sun.
The lush greenery and delicious scents of summer.
The patios.
The barbecues.
The back yard get-togethers.
Sitting on the porch in the evening.

Even during a garbage strike.
Even if I am working summer school.
Nothing seems to get to me.

So when someone complains about the weather (you will find those any season), I smile and say, "It's not snowing. It's not dark at 4 pm."

I can open up all the windows and let summer into my home.
I can go out in flip flops.
No boots. No coat. No layers.

You gotta love it!

And you know what else there is to love?

Monday and Dancing!
And do I have a treat for you! Enjoy! :)



How adorable is he?
Shake it babies! :)

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like you are reveling in summer bliss, Genie. Enjoy! :)

Kim Mailhot said...

I am so in love with summer too ! Yay ! Off to enjoy and to shake my bum-bum !
Happy Day, Genie !

Kavindra said...

My favorite part is the grunting and clapping that accompanies the bum shakin'!

Thanks for the smile, and the reminder that everything rocks in the summer time :)

Tori said...

Summer does rock! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I certainly appreciate the warm weather.

PS- My mom showed me this one! Have you seen it?

http://www.parkwayreststop.com/archives/2937

Miss Robyn said...

I must remember you when it is over 110 for a week or more... I am loving winter time ;) xoxo

clairedulalune said...

What a mover and groover! Real cute dancing!

rosebud101 said...

Genie, you understand summer! That is great! I'm with you, it might be raining, but it's not snowing. I love the idea that you "let summer into your house." Amazing!

Serena said...

we are in our winter and i can still wear short sleeves and thongs/flip-flops through most of our winter days. it's the unbearably hot, humid heat of our summers that i dread. mind you, i have experienced a wyoming winter first hand so i know exactly where you're coming from too. embrace those beautiful summer days, genie!

gemma said...

Ahhhh
Here's to the good ole summertime
clink
clink

rebecca said...

So true, Genie! I feel that with all of this rain we've been having I can't/won't complain. The grasses are green and lush and the weather has been cool. And these last couple of days have been rain-free and absolutely gorgeous! For July, this is such a rarity. I'm just happy that it is not wicked hot because I don't particularly care for the mugginess/extreme heat of summers. But, we are blessed with these changing seasons and we are alive! So, all is good!

Catching up on all your posts that I haven't read yet....gotta go!