Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-10-02

The Book of Truth

(click to enlarge)

Our Illustrious Leader, Jamie Ridler is ushering us into another week of the Joy Diet with Truth.

If I can pick one quality that is both my asset and my downfall, it is honesty.

My mouth opens up and the truth spills out, often uncensored. There are times I regret that and it causes me sleepless nights. And I wonder why. Why did I have to speak up, speak out? Why could I have not kept my trap shut and gone with the flow of silence and conformity?

Because, that's who I am.
Changing that would be like changing a key ingredient in a recipe.
Who needs the cream cheese in cheesecake?
Well, I do!

Acceptance of myself, as I am has been a difficult task. A difficult task indeed, but I am willing to look in the dark recesses of my psyche and shed light, clear cobwebs, and do some spring cleaning.

Thus my vision card for this week.
The background is filled with the places of my roots and desires.
Where I have been and would like to go.
The book, my story, is open and unwritten in.

It's time to explore the possibilities of my story.
Start fresh, and untethered by all the things, people and concepts that have been bogging me down.

Accepting their influence in my life and letting it go.

Accepting who I am, as I am, and knowing that what I have to say is valuable, because, not in spite of, the fact that few are willing to speak the truth.

Accepting my flaws and gently having them work for me not against me.

Accepting my assets and using them as the powerful tools that they are.

Accepting myself, opening that fresh book, and starting to

gleefully

boundlessly

joyfully

write in it.

That is my truth.

29 comments:

Lawendula said...

Thanks for your nice comment! And thank you for being an honest one, I like poeple who are quick with the truth! We call can benefit from that! :)
so happy dancing, gleefully, boundlessly, joyfully...

KathrynAntyr said...

What a fabulous card and post. Honesty is a double-edged sword. For me I'm a great avoider of stuff for myself (especially health) and now that I'm getting older it is catching up to me. Recognizing our assets, celebrating them, and using them for good not evil is a great lesson. Have a fabulous week as we look at the next chapter.

Judi said...

Love your vision card ... it is just about perfect ... but surely it's the future pages that should be blank and not the entire book.... unless it's a sequel!

Gleefully
Boundlessly
Joyfully

You go!

Tabitha And Family said...

It's as if you were speaking for me as well! I read this chapter, but did not post on it, because I didn't know what to say. You said it beautifully Genie and I'm so proud of you!

Beautiful Witch said...

Thanks for your comment on my post. :)

I love, love, love your vision card!

I can be a little uncensored in truth telling myself. I'm learning that not all truths need to be spoken and those that I think should be spoken may not need to be. I try to take ego and expectation out of the process. Of course I don't always succeed but hey, I'm a work in progress! :)

Tori said...

Fabulous Genie! Speak your truth. I love honesty, I think it's necessary.

Debbie said...

Ah, a blank storybook waiting to come to life. Does it get any better? I love your self-awareness, acceptance, and love and know that the pages in your story are going to be filled with wonderful moments.

Karen D said...

Thanks for sharing your truth this week. I love the idea of an open book , with unwritten pages, seems so fill of hope!

Lisa said...

I have so much respect for those who don't sugar coat the truth and tell it like it is. Bravo! Many blessings as your story unfolds.... :)

Melinda said...

an inspirational vision card!

Diva Kreszl said...

Thank you for sharing such a lovely post today as we all move forward in our search of the truth!

The Other Laura said...

Love your vision card!

Kim Mailhot said...

I so admire how you speak the truth and see the truth, Miss Genie. I think you are so right that acceptance and self-compassion for our "flaws" is the way to go. To do it gleefully, boundlessly and joyfully is even better !

Amelie said...

I love the vision card that you made and the unique way that you showed your truth. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with truth.

differenceayearmakes said...

I love the vision card. Thank you for sharing.

gemma said...

Genie, I love that your book is empty. You are still writing your story. May your truth be as fulfilling and bright and sparkly and happy as you dare to be!
with love
xx

Rebekah said...

Love your vision card and your truth! Keep it up! :)

rosebud101 said...

Genie,
Those are good truths to live by! Congratulations on seeing the good in you!

Ananda Leeke said...

As always, I enjoyed reading your post. Honesty .... yes mam, I feel you fully. The vision card is tremendous.

Kathy Crabbe said...

Thanks for sharing your story with such honesty and Thanks too for popping into my truth post!

yogag33k said...

Keep standing in your truth! You rock! I confess I too suffer from speaking too soon! hehe good luck and see you next week!! xo

Kara aka Mother Henna said...

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loooooooooove this piece of art -- it's so totally visionary! Yeah, accepting who we are right now without fixing or condemning -- and even maybe, gulp, loving ourselves as is, right now. :) BIG LOVE STUFF!

Dia said...

Genie - love the card as well!
& had to laugh at your 'blurting' the truth - do you have something in Sag?? tee hee - the infamous 'open your mouth, insert hoof sign' ??
My son's a Saggitarius & I have Chiron & Ceres in Sag - do a lot of nurturing thru communication, & often find myself wondering 'did I HAVE TO say that??'

Great to be on the journey (My book arrived today - woo hoo!)

Sherry Ways said...

Wonderful- thank you for sharing

Helen said...

keep up the good stuff. I liked the optimistic and open feeling of your vision card a lot!

Expressive Hart said...

Making peace with where you are and as you say, starting fresh sound like a good truth policy to me!

Pink Heels said...

Flaws? What flaws? They are simply unique characteristics that set you apart from others. : )

Steve Emery said...

Honesty. Acceptance. This is a worthy goal, a good thing to try to embrace. Good luck with this.

Angie said...

I always have time for people who tell the truth straight out, it means it hasn't been tainted with thoughts to change it or sugared up! All the best with truth finding, Angie:)