Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-10-05

Harvest Dream

(click to enlarge)

October has come around and as I was strolling through my neighborhood Saturday evening, I realized how much I love this month. The air is crisp and scented with apples and the first hearth fires. There is a silence in October like no other. An expectancy. A farewell. It's bittersweet.

People are beginning to settle in for winter. More pies are being baked. Plans are being made for Thanksgiving and Halloween. The lights in the homes are inviting. The pace is a bit brisker. With more purpose. The destination more gleeful.

As I walked. The moon walked with me. She was beautiful and pristine. She smiled one of those knowing smiles. My companion.

And I wished on her that night. For his company. Arms entwined. Bodies close for warmth. As we walked the streets of my neighborhood. I wished for gatherings and tables laden with food. Happy faces sitting around. Enjoying each other. Enjoying the moment. I wished for a fire in the wood stove with a glass of wine. Feet up. Content.

Content.

The sweet smell of cedar as it burned, wafting though my home. And a strong hand to hold. A loving smile to share. A kiss to savor.

Under the harvest moon, I made my harvest dream. She smiled down at me. And I up at her. As the leaves fell, and the smoke rose from the chimneys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To find Jamie Ridler's gathering of harvest moon dreamers, go here !

21 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my - what beautiful, sensual thoughts with which to start the day. Thank you!!

greekwitch said...

This was an amazingly beautiful post! Thank you.

Jamie Ridler said...

What a beautiful moment, under this full harvest moon! May all of your dreams come true, Genie.

Kate England | Marmalade Moon said...

May your dreams come true!

Tabitha said...

I know your every dream will come true sweet Genie. You are very deserving. I loved taking this walk with you. (:

Holly said...

Beautiful. Like you.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful dreamboard paired with inspiring and juicy words... Thank you so much for sharing! Many blessings as your autumn dreams unfold.

chocolatemergency said...

Thank you for sharing your walk, what beauty! Enjoy the Harvest Moon and all she has to offer!

LMA said...

Delicious board, delicious post. I want to go take a walk now (except it's raining here).

Melinda said...

this was a wonderful moon dreamboard and thoughts and wishes here. So inviting and comforting......so sensual.....I hope you get all your desires and dreams!

Michelle Eaton said...

A lovely post :) You are such a wonderful person.

JanetDavies said...

This sweet post went straight to my heart. I hope you have that strong hand and sense of contentment you desire.

gemma said...

Ah the scent of cedar smoke connects me completely to your dream. So mote it be!

rosebud101 said...

Wow! Genie! What a wonderful way to describe October! I could see each image with my mind's eye!

Shell said...

This Moon was so special for me, too. I can feel the call of nesting and enjoying friends and family over in my home.
Thank you, Genie for sharing about your grandmother reading the novel which The Enchanted Cottage was based on. Makes me want to go and find the book.

Karen D said...

Thank you for sharing your moon walk here, love the dreamboard, dreamy colors. Wishing you full moon blessings.

Helen said...

May your dream, painted so well in words and colors, come true!

Miss Robyn said...

what a beautiful moon! enjoy your fall..

Arty Em, Creativity Traveler said...

AMEN to the harvest moon, dear friend.
Isn't fall/Mabon awesome!?

Pamela Sweet said...

What beautiful moments for you, Genie. May you have many, many more...and may that wish you wished come true!

Serena said...

Beautifully written, Genie...may your harvest dream come true.