Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2009-09-22

Etches of Light

(click to enlarge)

I entitled the above Lumination. I wanted to etch out light from a dark canvas and let it ripple through into image and color. I created this intuitively without a solid idea of what I was going to create. Just a feather of a concept that tickled its way onto the surface.

It's symbolic of what I am trying to do in my life. Let the light pour through the cracks in the darkness that surrounded me. Let the darkness recede so that I might see the colors, the textures and the beauty of life.

Today is going to be a good day.

There, I said it.

I need to start every day on the right foot and keep moving in the right direction. As I move out from under the stark cloak that covered me in the past month, I make a commitment to allow the moments of joy to peek through.

It's been hard going to work. Getting up in the morning and finding a reason for doing so. I focus on the kids. On their needs. And there are many beyond even those that I can perceive. I have decided to leave the adults to their own devices. Their neediness is becoming a little bit pathetic and I do not want to feed it.

I create a daily mantra. A daily manifesto for myself to get me through this tunnel until I can see more clearly.

Every day is a step closer.

To the light. :)

7 comments:

Tracy said...

You are a light, Genie. I love the idea of creating a daily mantra. :)

Caroline said...

You are going to have a brilliant day! Sending much light to you :)

Tabitha said...

I agree with Tracy. You are indeed a light sweet Genie. Each day the light will shine brighter and brighter. I'm sending you tons of love and positive energy!

differenceayearmakes said...

http://differenceayearmakes.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/wishcasting-wednesday-5/

I include this link because there is a picture there that I think you might like just now. I don't know how to include a picture in a comment.

Pamela said...

Genie,

It is good that you've decided to leave the adults to their own devices. There is really no way to make them change their behavior. They'll have to grow up all on their own. Focusing on the kids is much healthier.

I like the idea of a daily mantra and might have to incorporate that into my day as well. See, you've blessed one more person with that shining light of yours! :)

May your day be spectacular! Hugs!

Shell said...

Yes, leave all those needy adults alone. Focus on your light and all the kids who need you.

linda said...

dear genie,
it's so good to hear your voice again...how are you doing now that you are back at work, ignoring the ones who will push you off the path, remembering the kids? I send you love and good wishes for a wonderful fall season. I have missed you. :)
xoxoxo