Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-09-02

The First Day

Labor Day is over, so let the labor begin.

I'm not going to complain. I had the summer off. I was able to map out my days any way I wanted or needed to. I can't say it was the best summer for me. I really need a vacation! I haven't had a real vacation in years and years.

Enough of that.

It's time to start on the right foot. So to remind myself, I am making some new year resolutions.

1- Stay positive. I know a lot of things will challenge this along the way, especially the Administration. the Board and all their politics, but I must stay focused on what really brings me satisfaction at work: the students, creating new lessons, successful lessons, my colleagues, the laughter.

2 - Continue going to the gym. I will be tired, and the devil in me will be making excuses why not to, but I will silence the mofo, and keep going!

3- Surround myself with positive people. I have given certain people a lot of chances, but they have been systematically eroding my psyche with their selfishness, so I will cut them loose, and be with people who build me up, not tear me down.

4- Choose healthy meals 90% of the time! I cannot be impractical. I will have junk food once in a while without guilt!

5- Find more outlets for my creativity, and not only in a self-fulfilling vacuum, but actually attempt to reach out to the world with it.

6- Smile. Laugh. Live in the moment.

Okay that's enough. It's ambitious but it is doable! If I achieve these goals, no, WHEN I achieve these goals, everything else will fall into place.

3 comments:

danette said...

Genie, because you have these goals, everything is already in place. And it has nowhere to grow but up.

You amaze me.

I am so impressed with your commitment to a joyful, healthy creative life.

Hope your first week back to school is mostly painless, and even a little inspiring.:)

Shamrock said...

Hi Genie -

Go to the gym for me too ... :) I've been too darn lazy this past year.

Genie Sea said...

Oh Shammy!

Laziness is something I have to battle with daily. I call it the devil voice. I read somewhere that after 28 days of going to the gym it becomes a habit. This has taught me one thing. Don't believe everything you read! haha