Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2008-09-25

Dairy of a Porcupine.

Life is a work in progress.

Here I am bright and early. Up. Why? You might ask. I decided that going to the gym in the morning will be the most successful way of making it on a daily basis. The after-work routine was not working for me. There were a million reasons why I couldn't go and I wasn't going as regularly. This week, I started the morning routine and it's working a lot better.

You have to understand. I am as much a morning person, as I am a porcupine, but I am picking my quills off the bed and getting into the swing of things. I must. This is a resolution I plan on keeping for the rest of my life and it takes a steady commitment. I am not one of those gym fanatics, but I do enjoy beginning my day in reflection. It's a sweaty, sometimes crampy reflection, but a positive one nonetheless!

Last night, I went out with a group of ladies that I am working with or have worked with. Despite the fact that we have gone and will be going our separate ways, we get together once a month to reconnect. This is a sisterhood I am proud to be part of. This is a gathering of love and appreciation.

Life, especially in a city this big, can get bogged down by routine, enslaved by chore, and hampered by responsibility. This makes it easy for people to lose touch. I have lost so many people that were once a part of my life, making this monthly reunion even more precious. I cherish it, and am honored to be a part of it!

The Universe is continuing my journey of reconnection. It is flowing me down the next path of my life, and I am happily going along for the ride. Of course, it does require that I row vigorously when the current gets difficult, but I am up for the challenge!

No comments: