Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2010-09-30

Bowl of Possibility

Kernels of decisions pop in the heated receptacle of my mind.
Some turn into to fluffy tastiness.
Others burn at the bottom.

I pour them out into the bowl of possibility.
And as I choose one
Savor it in my mouth.
Feel its buttery goodness
enter my bloodstream.

Action is born.
Achievement is reached.
Satisfaction is attained.

Once I have taken the bowl out of reach
of fate's chapped hands
and hold it lovingly in mine
feel the weight of its contents
empower me.

My hands can clear gardens.
Can caulk cracks in my house.
Can move walls.
Can open paths.
My hands.
Move my life
in the direction of its choice.

And the burned kernels?
They can be tasty too.

4 comments:

The Muse said...

how could i not be enraptured and engaged with this...?

more please!

rebecca said...

Oh little Genie...how we've missed thee!

More, more!

rosebud101 said...

Wonderful!!!! Glad you're back, Genie!

Genie Sea said...

Muse, Rebecca & Rosebud!

Muah! Thank you so much! :)