Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2010-09-24

Think Much?

Sometimes I think I'm not productive enough. 
Not artistic enough. 
Not interesting enough. 

Sometimes I think I don't get out enough.
I don't have enough friends.
The phone doesn't ring enough.

Have I become out of sight, 
out of mind?

Sometimes I think life is passing me by.
Sometimes I think I can't even try.

Sometimes, I think no one really gives a shit.
Sometimes, I think I think  too much.
That's it.

I stop.

I become a giant me and put on my construction boots.
I stomp on all these self-defeating thoughts
that scuttle around the floor of my life.

I step over them.
And out the door.

I accept my life as it is,
and revel in the morning air.

Join a gym.
The sofa has become too sore.

Dismantle my garden.
No one else will do it.

Take a photograph.
How does life look
through it?

Go have a coffee. Talk to a stranger.
Bring along my sketch book.

Smile.
At the danger
of putting myself 
out there.

As
I tower over the ant hills 
of my problems
and enjoy the vista.

I'm in sight
and out of my
mind.

5 comments:

rosebud101 said...

So true!!! So true!!!! Glad you're back, Genie!

linda said...

it's so good to hear your voice again, genie...i hope you stay awhile, i have missed you :)
xo

Rowena said...

I know the feeling.

Shell said...

To me this is like poetry, Genie. Wonderful and insightful.

Clarity said...

Dear Genie,

Blatant honesty is always beautiful, xxx