Contact Me

  Flickr    Twitter   

2013-01-24

Idol and Writer in Crisis.

So yeah, American Idol is back. Sort of. It's reinvented itself more times than I have tried to reinvent this blog. Both of us are having directional issues. More on that later.

So the Nicki Minaj - Mariah Carey much-hyped showdown was aired last night. All I have to say on the issue is... That all you got? All this chatter over nada. They were tired and snippy. Nicki was fed up with the over-deconstruction of the contestants and having had enough, left.

Big deal.


The debate has been raging between the Minaj and Carey fans. The problem is that these two could not be farther apart as people and performers. Nicky Minaj is outgoing and quirky while Mariah Carey is more reserved and conservative. Two different styles sandwiched by Rewind Randy and Laid-back Keith. Although I like these judges individually for different reasons, their "chemistry" is more toxic than fascinating to watch.

The bigger question is how many times will they change the judges before they give it up completely? The show is having an identity crisis. Is it about the star power on the panel? Is it about a singing competition aimed at finding a performer who has the whole package? Or is it about backstory, invoking sympathy and the popularity vote? I just don't know.

On related news, I'm having a blog crisis of my own. I have reinvented the focus so many times, I myself have gotten lost like the producers of Idol. I have several writing projects on the go which make maintaining a blog and schmoozing readership a difficult task.

Here's the question I put to you.

Do I:

a) drop this blog completely and carry on with my writing privately for possible publication?
b) change the focus of this blog (yet again) by sharing my writing process?
c) find another focus that would be more worthwhile for me and for you?

Your input is welcome, keeping in mind that the volume and quality of that input will help in my decision once and for all.

Stay tuned! :)




1 comment:

*^*^*MsFitzTX*^*^*^ said...

Hi Genie! I'm not sure what you feel is comfortable for you in maintaining a blog or what you are wanting to get out of it but IMO, do whatever you feel comfortable in doing. I think your writing is a very important goal & if you want to share your process I would enjoy that tremendously. But, you do whatever is important to you, what you feel in your gut that you need to do. This is my humble opinion. :)